The guy in charge of devices wasn't told what they were doing and what to say going into an earnings call where they were announcing a massive shift in strategy? You really believe that?

I can completely believe it as it's happened before in mobile - the WebOS team were at an event ready to discuss the OS and how the Palm Pre 3 was the best device EVAH! and then they found out from the media that HP had pulled the plug:

Almost everyone at HP found out about the death of the TouchPad and Pre hardware as the public did, in the press release. Only the top executives knew anything about this decision and even senior staff as high as Ari Jaaksi, the Vice President of webOS software, didn�t know about the shuttering of hardware before it happened.
    An inside look at HP killing webOS hardware: Here?s how it really went down. - TNW Insider
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-16 10:54 AM
    I can completely believe it as it's happened before in mobile - the WebOS team were at an event ready to discuss the OS and how the Palm Pre 3 was the best device EVAH! and then they found out from the media that HP had pulled the plug:

An inside look at HP killing webOS hardware: Here?s how it really went down. - TNW Insider
    CAN that be the case? Sure. But at the end of the day it's still anecdotal and nothing more.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-03-16 10:58 AM

Okay so if you and JeepBB are absolutely confident nobody besides Indonesia will ever see another BlackBerry device and that it's basically over, what is your motivation to spend your time here? Are you QNX fans?
    And yes i know the typical response of "it's an open forum and I can give opinions and nobody can tell me what to do" or whatever but most people who have no interest in things don't spend their spare time discussing. Just wondering what your motivation is?
    11-03-16 12:06 PM
    Okay so if you and JeepBB are absolutely confident nobody besides Indonesia will ever see another BlackBerry device and that it's basically over, what is your motivation to spend your time here? Are you QNX fans?
    And yes i know the typical response of "it's an open forum and I can give opinions and nobody can tell me what to do" or whatever but most people who have no interest in things don't spend their spare time discussing. Just wondering what your motivation is?
    They are making totems. So that BlackBerry Mercury will arrive.
    engine54lt likes this.
    11-03-16 12:18 PM
    Did you ever read comics? I am pariah - I have to be here at the end of the universe. I research mobile so naturally i love talking about it with people. For blackberry this is the best place for that, android oddly doesn't have anywhere good and iOS i find deeply boring to talk about.

I actually got something wrong last year when i bet my students bbry would pull the plug by last quarter not this quarter. Cannot get it all right - however i am doing better than the fans on the stock thread who were preparing for the $100 lunch about now but are preparing for their $7 'all the food you can fit in your container' get together. Oddly they don't seem as active on the forum anymore.
    JeepBB and StephanieMaks like this.
    11-03-16 01:30 PM
    Did you ever read comics? I am pariah - I have to be here at the end of the universe. I research mobile so naturally i love talking about it with people. For blackberry this is the best place for that, android oddly doesn't have anywhere good and iOS i find deeply boring to talk about.

I actually got something wrong last year when i bet my students bbry would pull the plug by last quarter not this quarter. Cannot get it all right - however i am doing better than the fans on the stock thread who were preparing for the $100 lunch about now but are preparing for their $7 'all the food you can fit in your container' get together. Oddly they don't seem as active on the forum anymore.
    Okay so your motivation is to have the ability to say "I told you so" ?
    cgk and JeepBB like this.
    11-03-16 01:37 PM
    Okay so your motivation is to have the ability to say "I told you so" ?
    I've been saying that all along. So, here's my opportunity to say told you so, lol. :-D

Some people need that time to pat themselves in the back.

cgk likes this.
    11-03-16 02:15 PM
    Okay so if you and JeepBB are absolutely confident nobody besides Indonesia will ever see another BlackBerry device and that it's basically over, what is your motivation to spend your time here?
    Well, duh!

Because it hasn't happened yet, and I want to see if it turns out the way I think it will. After literally years here, why would I leave without reading the last few pages of this "rise and fall" epic?

Are you QNX fans?
    Of course. Who couldn't love the Hypervisor. It's given me endless amusement to see it so frequently held up like a talisman that will save BlackBerry and/or BB10.

most people who have no interest in things don't spend their spare time discussing.
    Why would you conclude that I have no interest in discussing BlackBerry and their rollercoaster ride from greatness to obscurity?

I speak without a trace of irony when I say that the rise and fall of BlackBerry is a story that fascinates me. It's centred around the hubris of a single man; Mike Lazaridis. A true engineering genius who built BlackBerry from nothing... and who has been largely responsible for its later destruction. Much of that story was told in the "Losing the Signal" book, but the final few chapters are being written now... and I wouldn't miss it for the world!
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    11-03-16 03:42 PM
    Well, duh!

Because it hasn't happened yet, and I want to see if it turns out the way I think it will. After literally years here, why would I leave without reading the last few pages of this "rise and fall" epic?

Of course. Who couldn't love the Hypervisor. It's given me endless amusement to see it so frequently held up like a talisman that will save BlackBerry and/or BB10.

Why would you conclude that I have no interest in discussing BlackBerry and their rollercoaster ride from greatness to obscurity?

I speak without a trace of irony when I say that the rise and fall of BlackBerry is a story that fascinates me. It's centred around the hubris of a single man; Mike Lazaridis. A true engineering genius who built BlackBerry from nothing... and who has been largely responsible for its later destruction. Much of that story was told in the "Losing the Signal" book, but the final few chapters are being written now... and I wouldn't miss it for the world!
    The conclusion comes from your sarcasm about other things BlackBerry (the hyoervisor thing did make me laugh). That leads me to believe your interest is in handsets. And since you have declared them dead beyond Indonesia then yes I don't understand your motivation other then a need to be right and gloat ("I told you / called it") about it. But you can continue to use your so called "interest" in their demise as the sole reason you are here. I bet if you are wrong things will get quiet pretty quick but if you are right, you will be in every thread letting everyone know about it.
    11-03-16 04:00 PM
    The conclusion comes from your sarcasm about other things BlackBerry (the hyoervisor thing did make me laugh). That leads me to believe your interest is in handsets. And since you have declared them dead beyond Indonesia then yes I don't understand your motivation other then a need to be right and gloat ("I told you / called it") about it. But you can continue to use your so called "interest" in their demise as the sole reason you are here. I bet if you are wrong things will get quiet pretty quick but if you are right, you will be in every thread letting everyone know about it.
    Some people have nothing else to be proud of. Gotta enjoy the little things I suppose. *shrug*

11-03-16 04:16 PM
    I plan to take out a bigger ad than those for the dtek60 - so a small classified in my local free newspaper.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-16 04:36 PM
    I plan to take out a bigger ad than those for the dtek60 - so a small classified in my local free newspaper.
    It seems you might have overestimated BB's DTEK60 marketing budget with your $7.50 post.

I doubt they've spent more than a buck-fifty so far - mostly on the Marty Beard launch webinar and some tweets... but, because I'm not in the market for a DTEK60, I've maybe missed the full-page adverts in the Sunday papers and on the carrier websites to really push the phone.
    11-03-16 04:50 PM
    Did they not say there were out of designing Phones? Will this even come out?
    11-03-16 07:46 PM
    Did they not say there were out of designing Phones? Will this even come out?
    There's been a lot of mixed signals from BlackBerry lately but the deciphered message seems to be: "we got one last device coming, everything else is designed by others"

Like the DTEK 50 & 60, those were made by TCL but BlackBerry threw their software on it and maybe swapped some parts out for others.
    11-03-16 08:47 PM
    There's been a lot of mixed signals from BlackBerry lately but the deciphered message seems to be: "we got one last device coming, everything else is designed by others"
    That may have been Plan A, but it now appears they may have to go with Plan B: "While we had three devices under development, the last one can now only be done through a software licensing agreement with a manufacturer who will assume all the manufacturing, distribution and sales costs."
    JeepBB and cgk like this.
    11-03-16 09:12 PM
    The only BlackBerry Mercury coming in 2017 will be a Ford Mercury. Lol.
    11-03-16 10:02 PM
    Actually I think Ford shut down the Mercury line a few years back........
    11-03-16 10:07 PM
    Actually I think Ford shut down the Mercury line a few years back........
    Shhhhh...they're bringing it back. The prototype is on Chen's desk.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-16 10:19 PM
    Yeah I guess I have to save up for a new SE. Been waiting for a PKB Android BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 10:23 PM
    So many "experts" with so many different "opinions". Only time will tell
    11-12-16 07:07 PM
45 12