If anyone has gone from a DTEK60 to a KEYone, please share your experience. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how performance is compared to the DTEK60 which looks better on paper.
    05-03-17 07:39 AM
    Listen to Bla1ze here.
    05-03-17 07:50 AM
    I've swapped from a Dtek60, the K1 is quicker and not as sluggish compared to Dtek60. I can type much quicker on the K1 and the battery last much longer and it does slip everywhere compared to a naked Dtek60
    05-03-17 09:36 AM
    I've swapped from a Dtek60, the K1 is quicker and not as sluggish compared to Dtek60. I can type much quicker on the K1 and the battery last much longer and it does slip everywhere compared to a naked Dtek60
    Sounds great. Only questionable thing (imo) is the Dtek60 is not sluggish, ever. It is super fast and smooth, in my experience. It is slippery though.
    05-03-17 09:40 AM
    Sounds great. Only questionable thing (imo) is the Dtek60 is not sluggish, ever. It is super fast and smooth, in my experience. It is slippery though.
    Sorry was meaning that it seems quicker the Dtek60, the keyboard and it not slipping out of my hands or off the sofa is so good, just need a decent case for it right now
    05-03-17 09:43 AM
    Yes the DTEK60 has been lightning quick for me. The PRIV on the other hand was sluggish.
    05-03-17 09:51 AM
    Dtek60 is still in March security patch so keyone may be a better option if you care about security patch.
    05-03-17 12:19 PM
    As long as the DTEK fulfills your needs, stay with it. Besides the performance which doesn't differ as much though, you get a physical keyboard on the KEYone. If you're the kind of person who can't live without a pkb then go for it. I used BB phones for around 2 years now, that doesn't make me a veteran or something similar but I can say that bb's vkb is quite superior than the pkb version. I also used to own Priv (Passport and Q10 before that) and I was surprised after reading how much I actually use the pkb in comparison to the vkb (25% pkb, 75% vkb).

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 01:08 PM
    As long as the DTEK fulfills your needs, stay with it. Besides the performance which doesn't differ as much though, you get a physical keyboard on the KEYone. If you're the kind of person who can't live without a pkb then go for it. I used BB phones for around 2 years now, that doesn't make me a veteran or something similar but I can say that bb's vkb is quite superior than the pkb version. I also used to own Priv (Passport and Q10 before that) and I was surprised after reading how much I actually use the pkb in comparison to the vkb (25% pkb, 75% vkb).

Posted via CB10
    Well with the PRIV everyone used the vkb more because it was quickly available for a quick reply to a text message for example. The extra step to slide out the keyboard for a text made it annoying. For lengthy emails I used to slide the keyboard out. However from my experience the BlackBerry vkb has not been very good. I've been using Gboard. Overall I've found auto correct to be terrible on any Android keyboard I have tried. The iPhone keyboard is by far the best vkb I have ever used. I've lost count at how many times I've had to erase words that were incorrectly autocorrected in this sequence. (DTEK60). My point is I much prefer the physical keyboard of the KEYone, but if performance is as sluggish as some are reporting, there's no point in downgrading from the 60. I understand the battery life is great on the KEYone, but for me, performance is just as important for a power user.
    05-05-17 11:50 AM
    If anyone has gone from a DTEK60 to a KEYone, please share your experience. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how performance is compared to the DTEK60 which looks better on paper.
    Probably going to take a few weeks use of the KeyOne to fully answer, but the DTEK60 performed like a champ. Could run two dozen apps simultaneously without it slowing down. It really was a powerhouse of a phone.

The KeyOne is snappy, but I have spotted a little big of lag here and there when running several apps at the same time (nothing major at all), which I never experienced with the DTEK60, but that's the better hardware for you.

The PKB is king on this device, which for me makes it better than the DTEK60 as I just can't touch type
    05-06-17 02:56 AM
    It's a funny one really. I just put my dtek60 on ebay now to sell as my keyOne was delivered yesterday.

The dtek60 screen is brighter and colours pop way more thanks to the amoled. However, side by side u can see that the keyOne colours are truer to reality.

The dtek60 runs really well but for the life of me I can't understand why.. Especially with instagram and snapchat and sometimes Facebook and Twitter I experienced mad lag.. Sometimes. I'd have to reboot and it was quite annoying. But again, that's like 5 percent of the time so for the most part it was fantastic. It was also slippery and was ridiculously difficult to use one handed so I bought the dbrand skin but that didn't help much. I tried using the gboard keyboard so could use in one handed mode for typing which was great but still the size of the phone was a hindrance most times.

Also, aesthetics matter to me and it does look good but in a sea of slabs, Its just another run of the mill indistinguishable phone.

The keyOne on the other hand.. I'm sure I'll experience lag at some point but the beauty of it is fantastic, the keyboard fantastic, extremely comfy one handed, battery phenomenal, screen brilliant and so much more. It's not a massive phone and in my opinion, really is that perfect communicator. <

It's not a big media consumption device by any standards but u can do that too albeit with a smaller screen. You can't go wrong with the keyOne but do so only if you're fine with a pkb all the time and it's media consumption limits.

BTW.. How weird is this, the dtek60 already sold so basically got my keyOne for £200. Fantastic!
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 to KEYone?-7394.jpg  
    Last edited by naijab0y; 05-06-17 at 08:00 AM.
    05-06-17 03:23 AM