Suddenly my "Operating system integrity" seems to be "compromised" according to DTEK.
    The suggestion is to backup my device and do a factory reset.

Before I really perform this suggestion, I want to know how someone can figure out what caused the problem in the first place?
    Backup up all apps and data, factory reset the device and restore all apps and data sound counter productive.
    Chances are that the problem causing app get restored?

The app last installed (2048 game) is deleted. This is the only one I could think of that might caused the problem (IF an app caused it).
    No, I don't have any dubious internet activity on my KeyOne...

Any valid suggestions?
    08-10-17 08:29 AM
    Not a whole lot is known about the DTEK app and how often it gives a false positive indication...

I would just do as suggested.
    Daruba likes this.
    08-10-17 08:38 AM
    Suddenly my "Operating system integrity" seems to be "compromised" according to DTEK.
    The suggestion is to backup my device and do a factory reset.

Before I really perform this suggestion, I want to know how someone can figure out what caused the problem in the first place?
    Backup up all apps and data, factory reset the device and restore all apps and data sound counter productive.
    Changes are that the problem causing app get restored?

The app last installed (2048 game) is deleted. This is the only one I could think of that might caused the problem (IF an app caused it).
    No, I don't have any dubious internet activity on my KeyOne...

Any valid suggestions?
    There are many other possible causes. Once you get the "compromised" message, I don't believe you have other choices. Let more experienced IT folks comment on this. I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    08-10-17 08:44 AM
    I had a priv for over two years and never saw that message sounds strange to me.
    08-10-17 08:47 AM
    Not a whole lot is known about the DTEK app and how often it gives a false positive indication...

I would just do as suggested.
    I will if there no comment that makes me think otherwise.
    08-10-17 08:58 AM
    I had a priv for over two years and never saw that message sounds strange to me.
    I have a KeyOne now....
    08-10-17 08:59 AM
    There are many other possible causes. Once you get the "compromised" message, I don't believe you have other choices. Let more experienced IT folks comment on this. I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Although I do visit the Holiday Inn Express sometimes, I will never visit it with my KeyOne
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-10-17 09:05 AM
    I received that same warning, just after the first time I used Facebook Messenger. After deleting and a reboot, it went back to normal.

So, you may be able to get away with ditching the troublesome app and not doing a factory reset.
    Daruba likes this.
    08-10-17 10:24 AM
    While Dtek might be helpful, as mentioned, it is too arcane. It does not give much in the way of specifics about what went wrong or how to prevent it when you get the "OS compromised" message.

From readings about this issue in the Priv forums, apparently the only way to clear that issue is to factory reset. But, alas, no clue if you should restore and start from scratch with app installs and then, again, which app might have been the problem.
    08-10-17 10:27 AM
    Well, I did backup all apps and data on my new SD card, did a factory reset and...of course... the SD card was not recognizable anymore
    Reformatted the card, reinstalled all necessary apps and thanks to Google, a lot of my data was recovered.

DTEK likes me again and gives the an "excellent" security status.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-17 02:31 PM