I have the KEY2LE for four months now and as time has gone on the every time I run DTEK to check the security of the device I seem to be moving more an more into the Red on the meter.

DTEK is telling me that this is mainly due to the Security Update being old and also because there are App Permission which I have not used for a while.

With regards to the Security Update I beleive that I have the most recent version (ACD175 dated 5/9/2019) so cannot see how I can change this. Is there a more up to date update?

With regards to the App Permissions the phone is telling me that Apps such as Contacts, Calendar, Phone, Device Search, Inbox, Gmail, Google Play Store, Messages and Blackberry Launcher have not been accessed for many days, which is correct.

For instance, Phone says "SMS has not been asscessed in 124 days." It says I can alter the permissions.

I am not sure whether I should be altering the permissions for the Apps and what the effect would be.

What is the use of DTEK if it is giving me the above information which seems to suggest that the device is insecure but in reality the only option is to deny permissions for the Apps which could have an adverse effect on the operation of the phone?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
    03-23-20 01:10 PM
    I have the KEY2LE for four months now and as time has gone on the every time I run DTEK to check the security of the device I seem to be moving more an more into the Red on the meter.

DTEK is telling me that this is mainly due to the Security Update being old and also because there are App Permission which I have not used for a while.

With regards to the Security Update I beleive that I have the most recent version (ACD175 dated 5/9/2019) so cannot see how I can change this. Is there a more up to date update?

With regards to the App Permissions the phone is telling me that Apps such as Contacts, Calendar, Phone, Device Search, Inbox, Gmail, Google Play Store, Messages and Blackberry Launcher have not been accessed for many days, which is correct.

For instance, Phone says "SMS has not been asscessed in 124 days." It says I can alter the permissions.

I am not sure whether I should be altering the permissions for the Apps and what the effect would be.

What is the use of DTEK if it is giving me the above information which seems to suggest that the device is insecure but in reality the only option is to deny permissions for the Apps which could have an adverse effect on the operation of the phone?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
    DTEK is simply suggesting you withdraw permissions which aren't being used. You can decide for yourself which ones, if any, you wish to change. If you're not sure, and you trust the app, leave it alone.

As far as an update, feel free to use the March autoloader.

/blackberry-key2-le-f474/key2-le-acm410-autoloader-mar-patch-1183194/
    03-23-20 03:02 PM