Just a heads up:
    I was messing with the Activity Launcher app when I came across TempControl system app. Being a tinkerer, curiosity got the best of me and I launched its activity.
    Turns out there is a hidden menu (most of it is in Chinese) where you can turn off temp monitoring. I presume this is the throttling mechanism that underclocks the CPU when dangerous internal temp is reached.
    As soon as I flipped the toggle, DTEK popped a notification saying an app tried to change system settings. Security dial is now on "Poor" despite me flipping temp control back on. So it seems I tripped some DTEK flag which can't be cleared.

PSA: only way to fix/clear a failed OS integrity check in DTEK is to do factory reset.

I'm not happy that I'll have to configure the phone from scratch but I guess I'm impressed that DTEK noticed the change immediately and told me about it instantly. In a way, I'll sleep a little bit better tonight knowing that DTEK actually does things in the background to protect me and it's not just a dummy stub with hard-coded green checkmarks without any logic behind it.

06-30-17 03:43 AM
    Oh, wow! What a find. I've also heard that uninstalling the Facebook Messenger app can trigger that rating (sometimes this was resolved with a 32 second reboot). I also had an incident with my Priv where it was giving me a poor rating, but I resolved it by downgrading and upgrading the DTEK app (and a reboot).
    06-30-17 04:03 AM
    Just a heads up:
    I was messing with the Activity Launcher app when I came across TempControl system app. Being a tinkerer, curiosity got the best of me and I launched its activity.
    Turns out there is a hidden menu (most of it is in Chinese) where you can turn off temp monitoring. I presume this is the throttling mechanism that underclocks the CPU when dangerous internal temp is reached.
    As soon as I flipped the toggle, DTEK popped a notification saying an app tried to change system settings. Security dial is now on "Poor" despite me flipping temp control back on. So it seems I tripped some DTEK flag which can't be cleared.

PSA: only way to fix/clear a failed OS integrity check in DTEK is to do factory reset.

I'm not happy that I'll have to configure the phone from scratch but I guess I'm impressed that DTEK noticed the change immediately and told me about it instantly. In a way, I'll sleep a little bit better tonight knowing that DTEK actually does things in the background to protect me and it's not just a dummy stub with hard-coded green checkmarks without any logic behind it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d28727f8dc.jpg
    Good finding
    06-30-17 07:21 AM
    Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my STV100-4 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-02-17 01:03 AM
    I assume you did try deleting app data for DTEK?
    07-02-17 06:17 PM
    Indeed i have. The issue is you can't delete it fully. It just deleted the updates.
    07-03-17 07:08 PM
    You can delete the app data for it (separately from code updates) but it won't help.
    07-03-17 07:36 PM
    Did the same thing a while ago lol. Mentioned it on one of the podcasts.
    07-06-17 08:56 PM