I haven't check the DTEK app in a while, didn't receive any notifications, but today I noticed that the integrity of the operating system is compromised.

Any ideas? Is this a false alarm? Should I reinstall the app?
    08-16-17 09:10 AM
    Impossible to say.

You have to use your better judgement and assess what you have done recently on your device.
    08-16-17 09:24 AM
    Impossible to say.

You have to use your better judgement and assess what you have done recently on your device.
    That's the thing. I haven't done anything new. All the apps I use are from Google Play... I haven't installed any new apps... I don't use Facebook...

I will leave it as-is for now. Maybe a DTEK update will solve it. I had the same issue with my PRIV, but it went away after a DTEK update.
    08-16-17 09:27 AM
    That's the thing. I haven't done anything new. All the apps I use are from Google Play... I haven't installed any new apps... I don't use Facebook...

I will leave it as-is for now. Maybe a DTEK update will solve it. I had the same issue with my PRIV, but it went away after a DTEK update.
    It is interesting that this has happened to you with two different devices, on two different OS versions, with two different builds of the DTEK app.

Hard to diagnose, but there may be a common denominator.
    08-16-17 09:35 AM
    It is interesting that this has happened to you with two different devices, on two different OS versions, with two different builds of the DTEK app.

Hard to diagnose, but there may be a common denominator.
    LOL. This was not just me. Head over to the PRIV forums.... it was an epidemic across many users. There didn't seem to be any common reason for it.
    08-16-17 09:36 AM
    LOL. This was not just me. Head over to the PRIV forums.... it was an epidemic across many users. There didn't seem to be any common reason for it.
    I actually wish it had happened to me on any of my BlackBerry Android devices. I would have liked to try to diagnose it.
    08-16-17 09:45 AM
    I actually wish it had happened to me on any of my BlackBerry Android devices. I would have liked to try to diagnose it.
    The general consensus was that it was a false alarm due to a problem with the app. It was fixed when an updated version of DTEK was pushed through Google Play. Hopefully it's the same thing this time.

Perhaps those reading this forum post can do a quick check of their DTEK app to see what it says?
    08-16-17 09:47 AM
    The general consensus was that it was a false alarm due to a problem with the app. It was fixed when an updated version of DTEK was pushed through Google Play. Hopefully it's the same thing this time.

Perhaps those reading this forum post can do a quick check of their DTEK app to see what it says?
    Mine is still listed as 'Excellent'. I did have the compromised issue on my Priv, though, quite some time ago. Was able to resolve the issue by a downgrade, an upgrade and a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 11:17 AM
    Mine is still listed as 'Excellent'. I did have the compromised issue on my Priv, though, quite some time ago. Was able to resolve the issue by a downgrade, an upgrade and a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I tried that with the PRIV at the time, but it didn't work. As soon as BlackBerry released the updated app, the issue went away.
    08-16-17 11:19 AM
    If I recall, unfortunately, in some cases only reloading the OS fixed the issue for some users. Dtek needs to be more detailed in suggesting what the problem is.
    08-16-17 11:29 AM
    If I recall, unfortunately, in some cases only reloading the OS fixed the issue for some users. Dtek needs to be more detailed in suggesting what the problem is.
    But it's really not possible since DTEK just does an overall checksum with the system files. Anything more complex would take far too much CPU.
    08-16-17 11:59 AM
    I had this "thing" a while back while im checking the build date of my keyone via *#2886#, I tried some test in that menu that ended up having os compromised, fixed after factory reset of device, worked for me.
    08-16-17 12:06 PM
    I had this "thing" a while back while im checking the build date of my keyone via *#2886#, I tried some test in that menu that ended up having os compromised, fixed after factory reset of device, worked for me.
    Me too, it happened the exact same thing after i checked my build date. DTEK was saying the device was compromise but I'm too lazy to reconfigure everything again after i just set up my replaced Keyone!
    08-16-17 12:21 PM
    Hmmmmm.... I did that check a couple of weeks ago too, just to see the build date. I didn't check DTEK after that, but.... maybe that's what caused the issue.
    08-16-17 01:56 PM
    I was wondering if that was going to be an issue with DTEK and thus held off on checking my KeyOne's build date.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 04:17 PM
    I was wondering if that was going to be an issue with DTEK and thus held off on checking my KeyOne's build date.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like you made the right call. I'm hoping this will be resolved when Rogers releases the OS update on August 21.
    08-16-17 04:24 PM
    Looks like you made the right call. I'm hoping this will be resolved when Rogers releases the OS update on August 21.
    Did you at any point recently turn On the option to Allow Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources? Or turn off Googles Play Protector?
    08-16-17 04:36 PM
    Did you at any point recently turn On the option to Allow Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources? Or turn off Googles Play Protector?
    No.
    08-16-17 04:37 PM
    But it's really not possible since DTEK just does an overall checksum with the system files. Anything more complex would take far too much CPU.
    Then someone should tell us what kind of THING can compromise the system files. They are not as incorruptible as the Boot Loader stuff??? (notice my highly precise techno lingo!!!)
    08-16-17 05:56 PM
    Hmmmmm.... I did that check a couple of weeks ago too, just to see the build date. I didn't check DTEK after that, but.... maybe that's what caused the issue.
    I did that check last week (when it became popular) and I just ran Dtek - I'm still in the not great but not compromised OS. Not great because it wants more encryption and I have not give it Contact permissions.
    08-16-17 05:58 PM
    Then someone should tell us what kind of THING can compromise the system files. They are not as incorruptible as the Boot Loader stuff??? (notice my highly precise techno lingo!!!)
    Nothing is supposed to compromise system files, hence the advice to do a factory reset asap.
    08-16-17 06:01 PM