Anyone else noticing a sudden decrease in performance of their key1? My battery isn't lasting as long, starting lag more and even heat up more. Coincidentally this all started about a week before the launch of the key2
    bunjay likes this.
    06-09-18 02:02 PM
    Also I have the US spec black edition with the 4/64... and only got it just a couple months ago through bestbuy
    06-09-18 02:04 PM
    Nope. No issues. What Apps have you recently installed. Have you cleared the cache?
    06-09-18 02:32 PM
    did you're service provider make changes to the towers? my cellspot from T-Mobile broke so signal is been bad at home and my battery has been only lasting a day when I usually only charge every other day.
    06-09-18 02:36 PM
    no... no changes to anything. haven't downloaded anything new. did the recent updates to hub+ etc
    06-09-18 03:09 PM
    OP - it's always a good idea to tell us what,if any,actions that you may have done to try correct the issue.

First clear the cache in Internal Storage and do a 32 second reset (hold down the power button for 32 seconds). You will not lose any data but may solve an issue that has evolved in the background. Try that and see if things come back to normal!

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    06-09-18 04:06 PM
    I've cleared the cache... multiple times actually... haven't tried the hard reset. will try that next, thanks!
    bunjay likes this.
    06-09-18 06:13 PM
    You're right after a 30s reset and clearing the recent apps pretty much every hour my k1 black is just about usable, but battery not great anymore either.

Would I buy a k2? Absolutely no way not after the way this thing has turned out and the lack of support or decent updates from alcatel
    06-09-18 07:43 PM
    You're right after a 30s reset and clearing the recent apps pretty much every hour my k1 black is just about usable, but battery not great anymore either.

Would I buy a k2? Absolutely no way not after the way this thing has turned out and the lack of support or decent updates from alcatel
    What do you mean by clearing the recent apps?

06-09-18 09:05 PM
    For me performance has been pretty bad since I've had it from release. Just not a powerful enough device for my needs. I'm not expecting performance like my Pixel 2 XL or S9+ but the K2 looks more promising.
    06-09-18 09:07 PM
    I don't have major performance issue overall. The only thing I am not happy is that it takes a very long time to load pics within various apps. Sometimes it is quite annoying.
    06-09-18 09:27 PM
    What do you mean by clearing the recent apps?

I mean holding the menu (square) button and clearing all.
    But I have to do this nearly every hour otherwise when I open something like hub or messenger it will hang on opening the app.

Not had a phone that hangs as much as this in many years, the *only* good feature about this phone is the keyboard, that really is it!
    06-10-18 03:37 AM
    Same here k1 SE..
    06-10-18 05:02 AM
    Same here k1 SE..
    What a shame , I'm rather embarrassed when I have to use phone and people see it freeze, usually they can unlock and open theirs by the time mine is usable...

Can't say I didn't give BB a chance but this current software is truly woeful
    06-10-18 02:14 PM
    Use the DTEK security software to find out why this is happening. Oh wai...

Yeah no thanks, don't need crapdroid. Gonna hang on to BB10 for as long as I can. No bloat.
    06-10-18 04:05 PM
    Ive had my Keyone Black Edition slow down more and more and was getting a little irritated as I love the phone otherwise. I ended up getting an app called "tune up master" it's free but you can buy the pro version. I trialled the app the first time and was so impressed I bought the pro version. My phone is as slick as when I first set it all up. Might be worth a shot.

Now I've just got to move on and figure out why my Bluetooth between my phone and Garmin watch keeps cutting out lol

Hope my fix works for you
    06-10-18 04:51 PM
    Ive had my Keyone Black Edition slow down more and more and was getting a little irritated as I love the phone otherwise. I ended up getting an app called "tune up master" it's free but you can buy the pro version. I trialled the app the first time and was so impressed I bought the pro version. My phone is as slick as when I first set it all up. Might be worth a shot.

Now I've just got to move on and figure out why my Bluetooth between my phone and Garmin watch keeps cutting out lol

Hope my fix works for you
    I'll try that app thanks, my k1 and garmin fenix 5 have the odd falling out too but I'm not sure if it's the watch or the poor range of bt on the k1- it when more than about 5meters away and when I wake up it takes a while to connect to watch too but I think that may be the watch perhaps?
    06-10-18 05:11 PM
    I'll try that app thanks, my k1 and garmin fenix 5 have the odd falling out too but I'm not sure if it's the watch or the poor range of bt on the k1- it when more than about 5meters away and when I wake up it takes a while to connect to watch too but I think that may be the watch perhaps?
    My KeyOne does not seem to have bad Bluetooth range. I have it paired with my Samsung Gear S3 watch. If I leave the phone upstairs in my house I can wander around downstairs and not lose the connection but if I step out the door (recycle, garbage), I hear the watch beep as the connection ends - probably 30-40 feet through plaster and lath.
    06-10-18 07:12 PM
    One year in and no performance issues to speak of.
    06-10-18 07:25 PM
    Mine disconnects whilst I'm sat next to my phone. When I had my watch paired to my iPhone X. Bluetooth connection was very strong. I'm thinking possibly more my phone at this moment. Kind of hoping key2 will fix this for me .
    06-10-18 11:37 PM
    What a shame , I'm rather embarrassed when I have to use phone and people see it freeze, usually they can unlock and open theirs by the time mine is usable...

Can't say I didn't give BB a chance but this current software is truly woeful
    Also the battery life is terrible.. I hope the new software update oreo will fix this issues if not I dont give another chance to bb....
    06-11-18 12:54 AM
    bluetooth and garmin connect on any device seems to be a dark art. there are connection apps which can help for it as it's notoriously difficult to keep a consistent connection.
    06-11-18 01:16 AM
    It's strange, I have a day one edition silver that still runs like a dream. Better than ever in fact.

I get the feeling a lot of this is down to user error.
    06-11-18 04:39 AM
    Easy fix, SD Maid app > install > schedule and forget, every morning automatically and your cache and everything should be cleared as new try it and let us know.
    06-11-18 06:39 AM
    Also you have the power center built in which you can see which apps are consuming your battery and make adjustments right there for individual apps.
    06-11-18 06:42 AM
27 12