I'm sure it's been said in some other thread but the double tap to wake is great BUT the double tap on any other empty area on homescreen to lock in lieu of the power button is seriously smart and convenient. I have a case that I really like but makes pressing the power button to lock a bit of an effort ... this feature is a godsend.

Is this a Marshmallow 7.1 wide feature or device specific?
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    06-01-17 03:13 PM
    No sir. I had it on both my Dtek50 and 60. We are still on Marshmallow.
    06-01-17 03:17 PM
    it is device specific. Samsung doesn't have double tap to wake, and you can download specific apps to get your double-tap to lock like "Nova Launcher"

Android 7.x is Nougat, Marshmallow is Android 6.x
    06-01-17 04:24 PM
    I'm sure it's been said in some other thread but the double tap to wake is great BUT the double tap on any other empty area on homescreen to lock in lieu of the power button is seriously smart and convenient. I have a case that I really like but makes pressing the power button to lock a bit of an effort ... this feature is a godsend.

With the keyboard shortcuts and the convenience key, I plan to not have any icons on my main screen. So double tap to lock would be awesome to use, lol.
    06-01-17 04:29 PM
    No sir. I had it on both my Dtek50 and 60. We are still on Marshmallow.
    Ahh. So it's BlackBerry Android specific. Nice!
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    06-01-17 05:13 PM
    With the keyboard shortcuts and the convenience key, I plan to not have any icons on my main screen. So double tap to lock would be awesome to use, lol.
    Whoa. That sounds crazy. I might just try it!
    06-01-17 05:15 PM
    Whoa. That sounds crazy. I might just try it!
    With both short press and long press shortcuts, that's like 52 shortcuts. That plus the convenience key, double tap power to bring up camera, and something like pie control to bring back swipe shortcuts to a degree, there's no way you have more apps you use regularly to actually still need icons, lol.
    Master of Surgery likes this.
    06-01-17 05:18 PM
    That's what I have on my DTEK 60. Zero icons on the home screen. And whenever BlackBerry gets its act together and actually can deliver devices that it advertises as being available, I will do the same on the KeyOne.
    06-01-17 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the pointer to double tap to lock this smartphone.
    06-01-17 05:28 PM
    With both short press and long press shortcuts, that's like 52 shortcuts. That plus the convenience key, double tap power to bring up camera, and something like pie control to bring back swipe shortcuts to a degree, there's no way you have more apps you use regularly to actually still need icons, lol.
    Just did it. VERY strange feel at first but MAN is it nice and clean. Thanks again for the suggestion.
    06-01-17 06:01 PM
    That's what I have on my DTEK 60. Zero icons on the home screen. And whenever BlackBerry gets its act together and actually can deliver devices that it advertises as being available, I will do the same on the KeyOne.
    I hear ya. Trust me, I was one of the whiners and complainers before. I was super lucky I was in here in forums when the first thread about Amazon having it early on the 30th. Really sucks how this all went down.
    06-01-17 06:04 PM
    Yah man, I hear you. From my limited time with the KEYone I can already tell it's something people will enjoy using, so I'm hoping that becomes an achievable reality for more people soon.
    06-01-17 07:21 PM
    Just did it. VERY strange feel at first but MAN is it nice and clean. Thanks again for the suggestion.
    Cool man, glad you're enjoying it.
    06-01-17 07:22 PM
    Hey Master of Surgery, was thinking about this post. I just got the KEYone and set it up the way I said I wanted to. ZERO icons on the home screen. Just my background picture front and center nice and clean with the time and date on top (using Xperia for the clock widget, super customizable and tapping on it goes to the alarms like widget that came with the phone). So nice, no pages, just one, empty nice page. Tap almost anywhere to sleep, lol. It's pretty awesome actually...
    06-07-17 01:49 PM
    Hey Master of Surgery, was thinking about this post. I just got the KEYone and set it up the way I said I wanted to. ZERO icons on the home screen. Just my background picture front and center nice and clean with the time and date on top (using Xperia for the clock widget, super customizable and tapping on it goes to the alarms like widget that came with the phone). So nice, no pages, just one, empty nice page. Tap almost anywhere to sleep, lol. It's pretty awesome actually...
    Yeah. Really loving the absolute "clean" homescreen. You'd be surprised how many people watch me open up an app on my clean homescreen (to them it looks like I haven't touched anything) and immediately say "What the hell? How'd you do that?"

I haven't tried the Xperia clock yet. I remember really liking it when I had my monster Chrome Z5 Premo.
    06-07-17 01:57 PM
    The LG G series phone had the Knock On and Off feature since the beginning and was one of the best thing about their phones. Glad BB picked it up.
    06-07-17 02:22 PM
    Yeah. Really loving the absolute "clean" homescreen. You'd be surprised how many people watch me open up an app on my clean homescreen (to them it looks like I haven't touched anything) and immediately say "What the hell? How'd you do that?"

I haven't tried the Xperia clock yet. I remember really liking it when I had my monster Chrome Z5 Premo.
    LOL, that's cool. Although I still have the phone icon and a camera icon on the bottom permanent row, because the app drawer button is there in the middle and I thought it looked funny without nothing else around it, lol. I did use icons from another icon pack for them so they are just minimalistic lines...

Double Tap Love-screenshot_20170607-152826.jpg
    06-07-17 02:42 PM
    Can you snap a screen shot of your app drawer with that icon pack, curious to see how the others look. Looks pretty nice so far...
    06-07-17 02:50 PM
    Can you snap a screen shot of your app drawer with that icon pack, curious to see how the others look. Looks pretty nice so far...
    It's called Lines

Double Tap Love-screenshot_20170607-172240.jpg

Still quite a bit that it doesn't cover though...
    GoLeafsGo44 likes this.
    06-07-17 04:25 PM
    LOL, that's cool. Although I still have the phone icon and a camera icon on the bottom permanent row, because the app drawer button is there in the middle and I thought it looked funny without nothing else around it, lol. I did use icons from another icon pack for them so they are just minimalistic lines...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170607-152826.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	424705
    Dude where'd ya get the wallpaper? Lol I have something similar but it's not that slick
    06-07-17 04:57 PM

Thanks for that. This phone just keeps getting better and better!
    06-07-17 05:05 PM
    Dude where'd ya get the wallpaper? Lol I have something similar but it's not that slick
    I took a high res image of the gadsden and used photoshop, lol. Maybe I'll upload it somewhere and give you the link. But for now I have to run out to get something...
    06-07-17 05:33 PM
    I took a high res image of the gadsden and used photoshop, lol. Maybe I'll upload it somewhere and give you the link. But for now I have to run out to get something...
    Nicely done!
    06-07-17 06:25 PM
    yep that's pretty slick
    06-12-17 11:05 AM
    Hey, finally got around to uploading the pic in case you want it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/077cg3ies3...0bg01.png?dl=0
    06-16-17 10:08 PM