Has anyone else seen that you can't wake your keyone using a double tap when you're outside and the sun is shining?

It works fine when I'm inside or the weather is bad. But when the sun is shining, it won't wake up, no matter how many times I tap. In those situations it will however wake up instantly by pressing the power button, so it's no general hang etc. And note that it is reproducible 100% of the time.

Is there any logical explanation for this? Can sunshine influence the capacitance of my finger? :-)

PS: My wife is using a Jolla phone, which has the same (apparently interrupt driven) double-tap wake up and there's no sunshine dependency in her phone!
    07-27-17 03:24 PM
    There several threads on this with no real conclusion - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...e-bug-1109358/ that said, I don't think it has anything to do with sun affecting the capacitance of your finger lol. It's more in line with the light sensor and the proximity sensors on the device. For whatever reason, bright light detected by the light sensor stops tap to wake from working. For me, when I cover the light and proximity sensor in the sun and then tap to wake, it works.
    supertom likes this.
    07-27-17 03:42 PM
    Alright, thanks, I hadn't found that thread. Sorry for the noise..

Glad I'm not the only one though :-)
    07-27-17 04:13 PM
    I just press the power button to start mine in the sunlight.
    07-27-17 05:25 PM
    Why not just wake it with the fingerprint in space bar?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-17 05:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is my solution. But you have to have chosen to set up the fingerprint sensor and not everyone has chosen to do that. I personally think it is one of the great perks of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    07-27-17 05:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you don't want to wake it and just wanna see the clock and incoming messages?
    07-28-17 02:20 AM
    Yes, I have that happen in bright sunlight, too. I just press the power button once to wake it.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 09:50 AM
    Yes, I have that happen in bright sunlight, too. I just press the power button once to wake it.

Posted via CB10
    I would do that too, but the power button is in such a inconvenient place, especially if you use your device one-handed
    07-31-17 06:00 PM
    It has to do with the proximity sensor. Without it, the screen would wake up in your pocket.

I guess bright light plays up with the sensors though.
    07-31-17 07:35 PM
    This is my solution. But you have to have chosen to set up the fingerprint sensor and not everyone has chosen to do that. I personally think it is one of the great perks of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Sometimes I want to wake my phone and not have it completely unlocked which is why I love the double tap instead of fingerprint.

I will often wake my phone with it still locked and have a few texts and emails and I double tap into one of them to open directly into the messages I select.
    07-31-17 07:39 PM
    You telling me I'm holding it wrong?

Steve, is that you? ;-)
    08-01-17 04:30 AM
    You telling me I'm holding it wrong?

Steve, is that you? ;-)
    Bwahahahaha.
    08-01-17 04:32 AM
    Was having similar issue. Read plenty of threads on it. Has everything to do with the sensor. Try holding your hand/fingers about an inch and a half over the sensor, while using your thumb to double tap. Now works 100% of the time for me. Good luck
    08-01-17 11:07 PM
    Same issue here. It's necessary for me to be able to do this because I use the blackberry pouch case with window cutout. Really strange bug.
    08-07-17 05:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    I find a fingerprint will not wake up the device???

I need a double tap first and then I can do a fingerprint.

Am I missing something? I love the fingerprint and would love to be able to always just use a fingerprint.
    08-07-17 06:10 PM
    I find a fingerprint will not wake up the device???

I need a double tap first and then I can do a fingerprint.

Am I missing something? I love the fingerprint and would love to be able to always just use a fingerprint.
    its supposed to work.. i just answered a differnet thread regarding this same issue. YOU DO NOT need to wake the screen first to access via fingerprint.

my phone can be idle, screen completely black. i place my finger on the space bar and im in.
    08-07-17 10:57 PM
    its supposed to work.. i just answered a differnet thread regarding this same issue. YOU DO NOT need to wake the screen first to access via fingerprint.

my phone can be idle, screen completely black. i place my finger on the space bar and im in.
    Same here. Just took it out of my pocket after about an hour. The screen was black. Placed finger on the spacebar and it sprung to life.

But sometimes it can be stubborn.
    08-08-17 12:53 AM
    Same here. Just took it out of my pocket after about an hour. The screen was black. Placed finger on the spacebar and it sprung to life.

But sometimes it can be stubborn.
    Mine is stubborn more often than not, same with the double tap to wake
    08-29-17 03:55 AM