09-28-16 02:16 PM
    Can't come soon enough. This video is somewhat of confirmation that it's coming.

May get me to hold off on getting the Dtek60 and keeping the passport for a few more months while we wait.
    09-28-16 02:38 PM
    Did they ever mention "when" Dtek60 was coming out and who would carry (Best Buy maybe)?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 03:09 PM
    Good news!! One day I'll get a Android-powered keyboard phone that's not the Priv.
    09-28-16 03:20 PM
    I think we all need to just relax, take a deep breath, the Mercury is coming. We've had enough confirmation, let's stop stressing about it.
    09-28-16 10:30 PM
    Still nothing specific said about either DTEK60 or Mercury.
    09-29-16 12:09 AM
    It's funny how for all of us, the earnings call and the interviews that followed had us sighing for relief while for others who don't actually follow what is said about BB closely it was "Doom and gloom! BB to stop making phones!"

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    pooyam and z3user like this.
    09-29-16 08:00 AM
    It's funny how for all of us, the earnings call and the interviews that followed had us sighing for relief while for others who don't actually follow what is said about BB closely it was "Doom and gloom! BB to stop making phones!"

em.. that is what is happening - he was clear about that in the earning. Most people citing that video don't seem to have watched it - what he actually says is that a keyboard phone will appear if someone licenses it.
    09-29-16 08:17 AM
    em.. that is what is happening - he was clear about that in the earning. Most people citing that video don't seem to have watched it - what he actually says is that a keyboard phone will appear if someone licenses it.
    *Le sigh* they will stop designing and manufacturing phones in-house, when I say what others are saying they mean there will be no more BB phones ever...

09-29-16 08:24 AM

In some ways I blame BlackBerry for not handling this whole thing all that well
    They left it too vague I believe.
    They should have been a lot more explanatory regarding the whole thing
    Chen even went as far saying he isn't sure whether he will bring out that phone that BlackBerry has been working on (Mercury)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    z3user likes this.
    09-29-16 08:27 AM
    *Le sigh* they will stop designing and manufacturing phones in-house, when I say what others are saying they mean there will be no more BB phones ever...

Sure there will be blackberry phones - in the same way there are Kodak TVs. Anyone who ponies up the cash and meets the minimum standards (whatever lowbar that is) can make a Blackberry phone. However is it going to be a blackberry phone in any meaningful sense that anyone here is interested? I doubt it.

If a rebadged phone intended for Indonesian or Indian consumers (with bands that might not even work) is your bag - go for it.
    StephanieMaks and JeepBB like this.
    09-29-16 10:08 AM
    Sure there will be blackberry phones - in the same way there are Kodak TVs. Anyone who ponies up the cash and meets the minimum standards (whatever lowbar that is) can make a Blackberry phone. However is it going to be a blackberry phone in any meaningful sense that anyone here is interested? I doubt it.

If a rebadged phone intended for Indonesian or Indian consumers (with bands that might not even work) is your bag - go for it.
    I kind of feel some strong oems like LePro will be interested for entering the US market. My 2 cents. For the pkb, they can always hire designers who will be left without jobs by BlackBerry.

LePro with top specs will not sell that good in US or Europe even with a funny price tag. But BlackBerry name and competitive price can.

Kind of interesting what the future will hold.
    cgk and slagman5 like this.
    09-29-16 11:30 AM
    Might be - I am not familiar with lepro so i would have to take a look.
    09-29-16 12:02 PM

People seem to be pretty happy with the DTEK50 (the few who bought one at least), but whatever, I guess I shouldn't argue with all of the psychics here on CB.

09-29-16 12:04 PM
    He actually said it WAS coming. Which leads me to believe something is already in place for this market.
    Might be - I am not familiar with lepro so i would have to take a look.
    At least "BlackBerry" isn't two letters away from "leprosy" .
    Gallofa likes this.
    He actually said it WAS coming. Which leads me to believe something is already in place for this market.
    At least someone was paying attention...

09-29-16 12:13 PM
    Then later said he wasn't sure plus he has that thing where he mixes up future,present and past tense.

Anyway i generally only pay attention to statements he makes when surrounded by lawyers and when he can be sued and the only thing he said there 'cease all activity' on their last keyboard phone.

If he has already paid for any mercury inventory (doubtful given the statements he made) then we might see them pushed out to die in the cold (aka the blackberry store).
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-29-16 12:14 PM
    At least "BlackBerry" isn't two letters away from "leprosy" .
    Actually I believe the company is called LeEco and the phone is called Le Pro. But you can obviously see how the person in charge of naming the phone wasn't entirely too creative.

OTOH, seeing that BB isn't being too creative with their naming system, maybe they would work well together! :P
    ardakca likes this.
    09-29-16 01:14 PM
    In Blackberry we trust!
    09-29-16 05:45 PM
    Please blackberry, give us one more

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-29-16 06:08 PM
    09-30-16 05:49 AM
    I think TCL can produce a great phone too. If they just open a design house in Waterloo and hire the ex BlackBerry design team. Not that much of a deal.

Second thought, not all the members of the design team please . Just the passport, Z30 and classic guys.
    09-30-16 05:51 AM
    There is to much 'if' in all of our threads....
    Last edited by Niels B; 09-30-16 at 07:58 AM.
    09-30-16 07:09 AM
    So even if the Mercury is coming, the PRIV is actually the last device with a PKB designed by BlackBerry

In other words, this makes the PRIV even more special as the first BlackBerry running ANDROID and the last BlackBerry designed phone *hugs my PRIV*
    Last edited by Villard Defender; 09-30-16 at 07:55 AM.
    09-30-16 07:23 AM
118 123 ...