I feel for the people whose screens are lifting, but wonder if this is limited to a single production run, rather than the whole production. I'm not a fanboy, as I've been dedicated for years with iPhone and windows phone originally. I did have a bold 9900 a priv which I sold, and my favourite a passport. So from a UK owner owning a keyone from the day before UK release day. Purchased from Carphone Warehouse this is my summary.

Freaking awesome 🤙

Screen is sharp, not Samsung popping, but clear sharp and bright.

Speaker is awesome vastly superior to s7 edge.

Phone is tough having dropped it without incident.

Keyboard is fab, positive, clicky in a nice way.

Build quality is equal in the words of Steve Jobs, reminds of an old leica camera.

Now I have the phone set up as I like it, I have no lag.

So don't listen to the crap being spewed out, if you want a blackberry keyone, then buy it.
    06-15-17 04:33 AM
    Keyboard is fab! You can still have that clicky sound even once that "clear sharp and bright" screen falls off!

"Build quality is equal in the words of Steve Jobs" Steve Jobs just cried in his grave.
    06-15-17 04:39 AM
    You have no idea what's happening with all the screen lifts but still calling on people to buy it.
    06-15-17 06:46 AM
    indeed. I think the number of screen lifts compared to units sold is minimal. plus a number of lifts are due to dropped phones. Not all, I agree, nevertheless I think CBK demo proves a point.
    06-15-17 07:27 AM
    indeed. I think the number of screen lifts compared to units sold is minimal. plus a number of lifts are due to dropped phones. Not all, I agree, nevertheless I think CBK demo proves a point.
    His demo proved that those particular devices didn't have a screen issue. That's it, it doesn't prove anything else. Denying its an issue with what I would consider a fairly large amount of these devices is just being blind.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-15-17 07:35 AM
    His demo proved that those particular devices didn't have a screen issue. That's it, it doesn't prove anything else. Denying its an issue with what I would consider a fairly large amount of these devices is just being blind.
    Oh because you know exactly how many devices have been sold and how many have had this issue? Dude comon. Jerryrig vid proved that if you put enough force into it sure it'll pop out. No one in their day to day should ever have that much force on their phone. Jerry makes money destroying phones.

Posted via CB10
    World War Z30 and FF22 like this.
    06-15-17 07:57 AM
    Oh because you know exactly how many devices have been sold and how many have had this issue? Dude comon. Jerryrig vid proved that if you put enough force into it sure it'll pop out. No one in their day to day should ever have that much force on their phone. Jerry makes money destroying phones.

Posted via CB10
    Just like CBK makes money telling us KEYone is fine. Double standards?
    06-15-17 07:58 AM
    Just like CBK makes money telling us KEYone is fine. Double standards?
    Just like Steve Jobs telling you to hold your phone differently..

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 07:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, I don't know, and neither do you. Kevin's video doesn't show anything more than Jerry's video does. One device test with no screen lift doesn't show anything more than a test on a single device that does have it. If you look in these threads, every single day there are people who are posting that this issue has happened to them and showing photos. That's only people in here, and not those who may not come here to report the issue.
    06-15-17 08:03 AM
    No, I don't know, and neither do you. Kevin's video doesn't show anything more than Jerry's video does. One device test with no screen lift doesn't show anything more than a test on a single device that does have it. If you look in these threads, every single day there are people who are posting that this issue has happened to them and showing photos. That's only people in here, and not those who may not come here to report the issue.
    Then don't get one, there's plenty of people on here complaining about the shortages and not being able to get one. If you don't want one don't get one. There are plenty of other phones out there to choose from

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 08:05 AM
    Then don't get one, there's plenty of people on here complaining about the shortages and not being able to get one. If you don't want one don't get one. There are plenty of other phones out there to choose from

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure that has anything to do with my point. You decided to jump in to a point I was making with the OP who claims that Kevin's video makes some grand statement for all of the K1's out there. All I was saying is that it doesn't, and ignoring that the issue exists or that Kevin's video is a blanket representation of all K1's isn't accurate.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-15-17 08:08 AM
    You have no idea what's happening with all the screen lifts but still calling on people to buy it.
    and you less than 1% calling them to don't buy it!

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-15-17 08:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    The bend test was ridiculous it doesn't simulate real life experience not even close, why not a hammer test? Take every device and see if it can withstand a hammer slamming against it?
    06-15-17 08:13 AM
    I'm not sure that has anything to do with my point. You decided to jump in to a point I was making with the OP who claims that Kevin's video makes some grand statement for all of the K1's out there. All I was saying is that it doesn't, and ignoring that the issue exists or that Kevin's video is a blanket representation of all K1's isn't accurate.
    I didn't say kevin's video was the end all be all, I never said the jerrry's was either. All I said was that there plenty of people out who say they have the issue, but then claim it just magically started levitating. My only point is, there are way more people in these forums who are having zero problems and loving their device. And let's be honest there's more out that that haven't had any issues because most of the time people only speak up when there is an issue. So again, OP glad you love yours, mine gets here tomorrow and I'm pumped. The rest of you, if you don't want one, or feel queezy about it, it's simple: don't buy one

Posted via CB10
    Jon Hill2 likes this.
    06-15-17 08:14 AM
    The bend test was ridiculous it doesn't simulate real life experience not even close, why not a hammer test? Take every device and see if it can withstand a hammer slamming against it?
    Exactly...CBKs test wasn't trying to prove anything. He was trying to see how well devices (iPhone 7, S8, and K1) hold up under common mishaps we have with our phones. Kev wasn't trying to say they don't have any problems.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 08:16 AM
    Kevin's point was saying that the keyone holds up pretty well in everyday usage

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 08:17 AM
    where are we going to buy thats more of a problem rather than the screen popping out.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 08:22 AM
    Keyboard is fab! You can still have that clicky sound even once that "clear sharp and bright" screen falls off!

"Build quality is equal in the words of Steve Jobs" Steve Jobs just cried in his grave.
    What is the purpose of this post? On a BlackBerry forum??
    06-15-17 08:26 AM
    What is the purpose of this post? On a BlackBerry forum??
    And what is the purpose of this thread a few hours after yet another TWO screen lift issues emerged on a BlackBerry forum?
    06-15-17 08:29 AM
    where are we going to buy thats more of a problem rather than the screen popping out.

Posted via CB10
    So why don't you buy it from someone whose screen popped out? You would get it right away, no waiting. And screen popping out isn't an issue, so why not?
    06-15-17 08:32 AM
    So why don't you buy it from someone whose screen popped out? You would get it right away, no waiting. And screen popping out isn't an issue, so why not?
    looooooool ur just joking right? hahahahahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 08:48 AM
    guys guys. keep it calm. Its a phone take it or leave it. let's get prioritys right. I was stating that the few issues are exactly that a few issues, compared to the satisfied customers. these forums always attract negative. I'd love there to be a poll of faulty phone purchases against everythings sweet. if you don't like it or are concerned. simples. don't buy it. imo your loss and makes it more exclusive to me
    06-15-17 08:52 AM
    I didn't say kevin's video was the end all be all, I never said the jerrry's was either. All I said was that there plenty of people out who say they have the issue, but then claim it just magically started levitating. My only point is, there are way more people in these forums who are having zero problems and loving their device. And let's be honest there's more out that that haven't had any issues because most of the time people only speak up when there is an issue. So again, OP glad you love yours, mine gets here tomorrow and I'm pumped. The rest of you, if you don't want one, or feel queezy about it, it's simple: don't buy one

Posted via CB10
    I never said you did. I was referring to the OP who said "Kevin's video proved a point." The point I was making is that it proved that the devices he purchased didn't have the issue, but that doesn't mean the issue isn't there on some of them. These instances are constantly popping up, from people who either just bought the device or who have been using it for a few weeks. I also take into consideration that not every single person that purchased the K1 comes to or is a member of this forum.

And yes, the simple solution is to not buy one. But for anyone buying one or planning on buying one, stating that Kevin's video (which was great I might add) doesn't definitively prove that there isn't an issue with the screen popping in some of the phones. If it was, the issue wouldn't be there at all, but it is. To me its the same as someone saying "my iPhone 6 never bent, so none of them bend." Bending was an issue with that device even though there are many who it never happened to.

I think TCL is or is going to have to address this in manufacturing. Just because someone's device doesn't have this issue now, its not crazy to think that it could happen in the next few weeks or months after using the device. It may never happen, but I'd wager that there are some that its happened to on this forum who haven't reported it because they have gone on and on about how this phone is built like a tank and can take a beating, and don't want to look foolish now with a popped out screen. Again, that's just my assessment and it may or may not be true. I can tell you (and I won't name names) that when the Passport screens starting lifting there were people who threw a fit over in that forum saying that it was user error or that person was a troll. One person in particular has come here recently and made the comment "My Passport screen lifted a while ago but I just left it alone...." No one probably picked it up because it wasn't the point of that person's post. I did though and I can tell you though that that particular person was one of the people over in the Passport thread that continually bashed people for saying their screen lifted because it just wasn't possible with that phone. So take that for what its worth.
    eldeadache, kbz1960 and Bee Gee like this.
    06-15-17 10:37 AM
    guys guys. keep it calm. Its a phone take it or leave it. let's get prioritys right. I was stating that the few issues are exactly that a few issues, compared to the satisfied customers. these forums always attract negative. I'd love there to be a poll of faulty phone purchases against everythings sweet. if you don't like it or are concerned. simples. don't buy it. imo your loss and makes it more exclusive to me
    Exactly right. What point is it to post on phone forums that you don't like or or intend to get? I do not understand. I do not like iPhone and I'm not going to buy one so I don't get on iPhone forums and tell everyone why I don't like them . Weird.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-15-17 12:30 PM
    Exactly right. What point is it to post on phone forums that you don't like or or intend to get? I do not understand. I do not like iPhone and I'm not going to buy one so I don't get on iPhone forums and tell everyone why I don't like them . Weird.
    Wow, just wow. Some answers here just get too irrational.

I WANT to buy this phone. I've been waiting for it ever since the first rumours appeared looooong time ago. I'm just not happy with current quality and wait for TCL and BBMo to solve issues. I've already cancelled TWO orders just before shipping.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-15-17 12:39 PM
33 12