09-30-17 07:03 AM
57 123
tools
    I had a friend buy a few phones from Selfridges UK where KeyOne is released.

I opened mine. Amazing... the dream has come true. Wait!? My friends cant hear the audio on my snapchat stories. Wait!? People cant hear me talking when I use the speakerphone. Wait!? When I record a video on the camera, there is no audio. Just a buzzing sound like when you plug in an aux cord. DONT DO THIS TO ME BLACKBERRY!

I called blackberry customer support. On hold for 40 min. They dont know about the phone. I called TCL in China, phone just rings... I called alcatel, they give me the blackberry # that doesnt know about the phone. I call Selrfidges, they cant trouble shoot.

So I have an amazing device, and in typical blackberry fashion its defective or broken. DONT DO THIS TO ME BLACKBERRY!!!!!
    05-05-17 12:27 PM
    Download BBVE to test and make sure its not a hardware issue. If not then just wipe it and start fresh.
    portplayer likes this.
    05-05-17 12:33 PM
    Have you turned the volume up? For instance, in Snapchat, if you have the volume turned off, it wouldn't record the audio.
    05-05-17 12:37 PM
    Download BBVE to test and make sure its not a hardware issue. If not then just wipe it and start fresh.
    This
    Nathan Conley and portplayer like this.
    05-05-17 12:37 PM
    My idea is to reinstall the device an start all over again with the os. Could be a software issue. I hope so
    05-05-17 12:38 PM
    I would also assume that Selfridges is your proper support channel.
    05-05-17 12:40 PM
    Yes. Its just a low frequency buzzing sound during playback of all video. Whatsapp and bbm voice not work. Instagram audio recorded playback, snapchat, speaker phone , camera video. No audio
    05-05-17 12:43 PM
    They just say return the phone. They have no clue. Even on whom to direct to. Well , i cant so easily. Im in Vegas.
    05-05-17 12:44 PM
    Thanks for the advice. BBVE isnt on the android store. I cant even port it from my passport to the Keyone. I just reset it. No luck. Im dead inside.
    05-05-17 12:51 PM
    Tried that just now. Im gutted. No such luck...
    05-05-17 12:52 PM
    They just say return the phone. They have no clue. Even on whom to direct to. Well , i cant so easily. Im in Vegas.
    1: congratulations with a friend who is nice enough to buy a few KEYone's!
    2: congratulations with your KEYone!
    3: what an absolute and incredible bummer that your KEYone appears faulty
    4: Selfridges is your point of contact regarding everything... including customer support and warranty
    5: remember, it was your decision to buy a phone at Selfridges...
    6: what about the KEYone's? How are they working?
    7: good luck on finding a solution soon...! Perhaps it is a software-related issue which can be fixed by yourself.. if it is hardware-related, ouch but surely there is still a solution for you..

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 12:55 PM
    You can actually try double checking whether or not it is the microphone by simply plugging in a headset, even the bundled in-ears will do nicely. If the audio starts recording or your voice can be heard on calls, it is to 100% a busted microphone.

That sucks, but that's the danger when ordering from different regions. At least BlackBerry always have been extremely nitpicky when it came to service and warranty around here. Bought the phone in the UK but live in Germany? Out of luck. I once sold my Passport to someone in Switzerland, a problem occured and guess what? BlackBerry refused to help because the unit was bought in Germany. That's the reason why I would never ever buy a BBRY phone outside of my own country - you are pretty much screwed if a problem occurs.

The BBVE app is not adjusted for the KeyOne (yet?), you simply can't install it. I could only suggest doing a factory reset but with this sort of a problem, I am very sure it is hardware related
    Xeak and anon(5868408) like this.
    05-05-17 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the advice. BBVE isnt on the android store. I cant even port it from my passport to the Keyone. I just reset it. No luck. Im dead inside.
    Yes its there.

Check out "BlackBerry® Virtual Expert"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackberry.bbve
    05-05-17 01:12 PM
    Yes its there.

Check out "BlackBerry® Virtual Expert"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackberry.bbve
    You can't install that one on the K1 - it is not compatible with the device. Maybe one can sideload the .apk from somewhere, but installing it using the Playstore simply doesn't work, you don't even get the option doing it.
    05-05-17 01:15 PM
    Claim waranty. Defect product.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-05-17 01:15 PM
    ... I called blackberry customer support. On hold for 40 min. They dont know about the phone. I called TCL in China, phone just rings... I called alcatel, they give me the blackberry # that doesnt know about the phone. I call Selrfidges, they cant trouble shoot.
    Did you try leaving a message on the BlackBerry Mobile US site's support page?
    oreodadey1 and anon(3732391) like this.
    05-05-17 02:55 PM
    Maybe one can sideload the .apk from somewhere
    Even if that does work, the device won't be recognized.
    05-05-17 03:00 PM
    That sucks, but that's the danger when ordering from different regions.
    Yep, it's a crappy deal but it's certainly one of the biggest problems and warnings against importing. The most correct answer at this point is to get it back to Selfridges.
    oreodadey1 and portplayer like this.
    05-05-17 03:02 PM
    Thanks for the great comment. What is bizzare is, I CAN make phone calls and be heard. I CANT be heard when on speaker phone. I CAN use voice not on whatsapp and BBM. I CANT record voice on instagram or Snapchat or on video camera mode.

I tried reset.

BBVE says not supported for this phone. Yet...

Worst part is Ive had it for 24hrs and this is what ive been waiting for for too long, now this.

I dont want to send it back to UK and return it, which is looking like that is my only option with no support center.

I did try your suggestion of plugging in the head set. I can hear fine but not record voice.
    05-05-17 05:49 PM
    Thanks for the great comment. What is bizzare is, I CAN make phone calls and be heard. I CANT be heard when on speaker phone. I CAN use voice not on whatsapp and BBM. I CANT record voice on instagram or Snapchat or on video camera mode.

I tried reset.

BBVE says not supported for this phone. Yet...

Worst part is Ive had it for 24hrs and this is what ive been waiting for for too long, now this.

I dont want to send it back to UK and return it, which is looking like that is my only option with no support center.

I did try your suggestion of plugging in the head set. I can hear fine but not record voice.
    By reset do you mean and factory reset (wipe). Not sure it will help anything and likely a long shot but you never know I guess.
    05-05-17 05:54 PM
    Ya, Factory Reset. Same issue...

My god the phone is so sweet
    05-05-17 05:59 PM
    Factory reset no restore, if that doesn't work return it. Happened to me in one of my Dtek60. Did a factory reset and restore, it returned, did a factory reset and set like new, and it worked.
    Chernobyl likes this.
    05-05-17 06:42 PM
    Thanks Yohan. No luck. Factory reset it 3x. fml
    05-05-17 09:47 PM
    Pretty disappointing but probably a fluke, return and order again. They have new stock and are shipping using wishlist trick.
    05-05-17 10:41 PM
    Might be a stupid question, but did you take the screen protesters that come with the device off? I had someone buy an iPhone leave them on then went back complaining about the audio just pulled them off and all was well.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-06-17 12:21 AM
57 123