Nothing stupid about it. I've known people to fix an issue by dropping their device.
    To the OP... get a RMS tag from Selfridges before shipping it back. In fact, talk with "your friend" and see if any return labels were included.
    And to do it on warranty, your friend is going to have to ship it back in his name because they were bought in his name.
    oreodadey1 likes this.
    05-06-17 05:53 PM
    Def did. Cant amdire its beauty with the stickers on
    05-07-17 05:38 PM
    Disheartening, that the KEYone phone has issues already. SMH
    Wondering what quality control is being done, typically a certain number of random units are set aside from a manufacturing run to test. That is, with ISO 9000. It's important to return asap so perhaps that phone lot, if not all shipped can be held a rechecked.

Posted via CB10
    oreodadey1 likes this.
    05-07-17 06:04 PM
    Just simply return it and get an exchange. Typically with defective devices, youll know almost right away. Some carriers have usage limitations when doing an exchange. Hope this works.
    oreodadey1 likes this.
    05-07-17 06:30 PM
    Wondering what quality control is being done, typically a certain number of random units are set aside from a manufacturing run to test. That is, with ISO 9000. It's important to return asap so perhaps that phone lot, if not all shipped can be held a rechecked.

Posted via CB10
    Actually every phone and every piece of hardware and equipment can fail right out of the box. With today's numbers of mass production it seems to be pretty much impossible to perform extensive extensions quality controls on consumer electronics. I had countless hardware which had faults right out of the box myself from a wide range of companies.
    A friend of mine had to return his iPhone 5 not less than four times because each unit has different issues out of the box. And that's Apple with premium pricetags and premium quality.
    05-08-17 01:57 AM
    I had a friend buy a few phones from Selfridges UK where KeyOne is released.

I opened mine. Amazing... the dream has come true. Wait!? My friends cant hear the audio on my snapchat stories. Wait!? People cant hear me talking when I use the speakerphone. Wait!? When I record a video on the camera, there is no audio. Just a buzzing sound like when you plug in an aux cord. DONT DO THIS TO ME BLACKBERRY!

I called blackberry customer support. On hold for 40 min. They dont know about the phone. I called TCL in China, phone just rings... I called alcatel, they give me the blackberry # that doesnt know about the phone. I call Selrfidges, they cant trouble shoot.

So I have an amazing device, and in typical blackberry fashion its defective or broken. DONT DO THIS TO ME BLACKBERRY!!!!!
    Hi Oreo,

We've been watching this thread and suggest you reach out to our service hotline in the UK:

https://www.blackberrymobile.com/sup...tline-service/

We have reached out over PM to get more details on this concern.
    05-08-17 09:56 AM
    This would be an easy fix if not for the circumstances the phone was obtained. I don't blame you for wanting it sooner than later but it sure does make it complicated to return it for a simple exchange.
    oreodadey1 likes this.
    05-08-17 03:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've seen brand new laptops show up DEAD. Won't even power on.
    My Dad had a truck where the back axle failed at not even 10000km (6200 miles).
    I heard of a 4x4 car that ripped its transfer case apart in less than 1500 miles - turns out that the factory had put TWO DIFFERENT GEAR RATIOS IN THE TWO AXLES!

Things happen!
    oreodadey1 likes this.
    05-08-17 04:20 PM
    good to know BBM has the eyes on the ball. thx to protect BB brand.
    oreodadey1 likes this.
    05-08-17 07:09 PM
    Thank you
    BlackBerry Mobile likes this.
    05-08-17 10:50 PM
    Hi Oreo,

We've been watching this thread and suggest you reach out to our service hotline in the UK:

Great to see you here and trying to sort things out. Good customer service is important as the worst thing for a customer is to feel left alone when things aren't right with the purchased item.

Keep up good customer service and BlackBerry Mobile will flourish again!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 06:25 AM
    Thank you. I have reached out two times now, both online and via phone and received a case # only from the email submission ALC-961709/ Fingers crossed!!!!
    05-09-17 07:25 PM
    Hi Oreo,

Now that's some dame fine proactive customer service.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 10:46 PM
    Hi Oreo,

This is awesome. Shows that these forums are indeed read by companies. Great customer service by the way.

OP keep us posted!
    05-10-17 10:55 AM
    Just simply return it and get an exchange. Typically with defective devices, youll know almost right away. Some carriers have usage limitations when doing an exchange. Hope this works.
    It was bought in the UK in store so the Consumer Rights Act 2015 would apply - which means a clear right of exchange.

However best of luck doing that from Vegas...
    05-10-17 11:01 AM
    Yep, it's a crappy deal but it's certainly one of the biggest problems and warnings against importing. The most correct answer at this point is to get it back to Selfridges.
    Can you call customer service and get a RMA return?
    05-10-17 01:30 PM
    Its nice in theory. The reality is: I call 4 separate times and am given 3 separate case #'s and each case # given to the agent on the next call has no record of the last. Its a complete merry go round and basically blackberry dismisess having a defective device.
    05-11-17 02:53 PM
    I have done this. 4 Separate times. 4 Case #'s, 3 with blackberry, 1 with alcatel. Blackberry each time says they have no record of the previous case #. 3x i was told i'd be contacted within 24 hrs. 7 days later still no contact. Let's be honest. You guys have no interest in fixing this defective device. ALC-967008, ALC-967018, ALC-961709, ALC-957774. What is the point of this merry go round. How does no one know anything? Bad just gets worse.
    05-11-17 02:57 PM
    Now that's some dame fine proactive reactive customer service.

Posted via CB10
    Just couldn't resist to correct.
    05-11-17 03:05 PM
    wow. for a moment i thought TCL/BBM had their eyes on the ball...
    05-12-17 08:49 AM
    wow. for a moment i thought TCL/BBM had their eyes on the ball...
    Calm before the storm.
    05-12-17 09:21 AM
    I have done this. 4 Separate times. 4 Case #'s, 3 with blackberry, 1 with alcatel. Blackberry each time says they have no record of the previous case #. 3x i was told i'd be contacted within 24 hrs. 7 days later still no contact. Let's be honest. You guys have no interest in fixing this defective device. ALC-967008, ALC-967018, ALC-961709, ALC-957774. What is the point of this merry go round. How does no one know anything? Bad just gets worse.
    Dude, you need to return your device to Selfridges. You bought it there (or a friend did) and they are your point of contact. No point in calling BlackBerry (did you contact BlackBerry Mobile?) or Alcatel...

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 11:30 AM
    What is bizzare is, I CAN make phone calls and be heard. I CANT be heard when on speaker phone. I CAN use voice not on whatsapp and BBM. I CANT record voice on instagram or Snapchat or on video camera mode.
    Exactly the same with mine. Ordered from Clove on 19/05. Sent support request to BBMobile via webform, received case # only so far.
    06-08-17 04:01 AM
    I am facing some issues with my Snapchat account, I am not able to install this app on my device, anyone here who can help me?
    06-10-17 06:17 AM
    Hello everyone, i have the same problem exactly like you mention here, a friend bought the phone for me from Dubai airport everything is perfect except : no sound on videos , no sound on video calling and speaker mode... weird, since as you mentioned in this forum , speakers are working while you try to watch something.

i wouldnt write any comment if i didnt have something positive to say and magically today i manage to hear my audio in a video i record!!!!!! read my story and tell me if that works for you.

So starting this morning to visit a friend while holding many things in my hand my sweet blackberry slips over and starts to fall down from one meter... i freeze.... the phone hit the ground with large noise... nothing happened on the screen! and this is the second time he did that!!! i mention this because it might helped the phone to "be fixed" ??? i dont think so but when i reach the house of my friend and try to explain the problem i had with sound recording on video i took a 5 sec video of him and... the sound was perfect!!! not like some far away voice. perfect!. so i change to 4k quality and take another video. This time... no sound at all!!! like before i could here a rainy noise. So.. i change to 1080p as the first one. Again no sound!!! after a few more tries we realised that if you dont press the video button on the screen to record the video and instead you press the "lower voice" "camera activation" buttons on the side of the phone somehow the video recording starts and you have sound!!! most weird is after that i try again with the touch button and now can play perfect!!! very weird problem with even more crazy solution... But still no one can hear me when i put the phone on speaker. I am waiting good news from all of you having the same sound problem!
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-18-17 07:33 AM
57 123