All I've seen is scrolling and paging through icon pages.

Something I haven't seen addressed, can one solely use the keyboard? You know navigate to an app icon, double tap keyboard to open. Navigate menus, options and pull down/ups with keyboard?
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-07-17 09:06 PM
    I hope so.

Having the ability to have a mouse cursor on screen would enhance the gesture keypad that much further.

Productivity heads, I'm sure would love this feature.

I would personally also like to see pinch to zoom implemented on the gesture keypad.
    Luke Beauchamp likes this.
    01-07-17 09:12 PM
    All I've seen is scrolling and paging through icon pages.

Something I haven't seen addressed, can one solely use the keyboard? You know navigate to an app icon, double tap keyboard to open. Navigate menus, options and pull down/ups with keyboard?
    Nope, because double tap already acts to "activate" the touch feature of it. So it's still just the glorified scroll pad like with the Priv and Passport.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-07-17 09:48 PM
    Android OS is not at all designed with this in mind. You'd be amazed at how badly this would work.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 10:08 PM
    Some Privs have pointer mode as a beta developer option. Keyboard scrolls, double tap to click.
    01-07-17 10:45 PM
    Android OS is not at all designed with this in mind. You'd be amazed at how badly this would work.

Posted via CB10
    Funnily enough, some Android apps work with the trackpad on my Classic...

01-08-17 12:25 AM
    What I'm curious about that I haven't seen yet is cursor scrolling through a text box. I've seen scrolling through homescreens and scrolling through the app drawer and scrolling up/down on web pages but no cursor scrolling through written text from the user.

This is important because if I get this device, I will be typing A LOT and one of the things I hate currently is moving the cursor by tap & hold and then moving around. It's terrible.

This is why a trackpad would have been nice but I have you can scroll through your own written text.
    01-08-17 07:30 AM
    I have seen a few new Mercury videos show them using cursor with finger on pkb, and within a text field
    01-08-17 09:15 AM
    I have seen a few new Mercury videos show them using cursor with finger on pkb, and within a text field
    Which ones? I've look at a number of Mercury hands on videos. Only a few people actually used the keyboard to type text and I didn't see anyone using the keyboard to move a cursor in the text field.
    01-08-17 10:40 AM
    Which ones? I've look at a number of Mercury hands on videos. Only a few people actually used the keyboard to type text and I didn't see anyone using the keyboard to move a cursor in the text field.
    You could do it on the Priv and Passport, they are the same, those are the 2/10 functions a trackpad does that the capacitive keyboard could do. So don't worry, it should be there.

01-08-17 10:46 AM
    You could do it on the Priv and Passport, they are the same, those are the 2/10 functions a trackpad does that the capacitive keyboard could do. So don't worry, it should be there.
    Yes, no reason for it not to do everything the PRIV can. I found this PRIV video showing how to select text using the keyboard starting at about 3:41.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-08-17 10:55 AM
    Cant find video yet, but Should be same as talked about here :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ursor-1058938/
    01-08-17 12:21 PM
    I'm hoping someone at the MWC or someone that gets a good 'hands on', can now answer this thread's main question accurately?

Basically, does it have pointer mode?

Please.
    02-25-17 01:32 PM
    I'm hoping someone at the MWC or someone that gets a good 'hands on', can now answer this thread's main question accurately?

Basically, does it have pointer mode?

Please.
    The units there had unfinished software unfortunately. So no way to know...

02-25-17 04:43 PM