Can people please confirm, ideally with photo proof, if they've managed to get the BlackBerry KeyOne working on Freedom Mobile (formerly Wind) in Canada.

I know that the KeyOne doesn't have Freedom's LTE frequencies, but I want proof that it will still work on their 3G bands as the KeyOne does support 1700 and 2100Hz bands. I just want proof/confirmation.

I need to know if it will work on Freedom before purchasing a KeyOne. If it doesn't I would rather just get a different phone because I will NEVER switch back to Rogers, Telus, Bell or any of their front organizations (aka Fido, Koodoo etc).

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    bitek likes this.
    09-02-17 07:00 AM
    I should be clear: I know this question has been asked before. But I've combed the other posts for actual PROOF and so far there is none.

Only people giving opinions or reading specs sheets. I want actual proof from people who actually have the KeyOne working on Freedom.

Please do not tell me it won't work because it doesn't have Band 66 for LTE. I know this and I'm not interested. I want to know if it will work on their 3G bands (1700/2100hz).

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-17 07:15 AM
    Buy the phone outright and find out. If it doesn't work return the phone for a refund
    09-02-17 03:32 PM
    No really the answer I was looking for. Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-03-17 10:01 AM
    I don't have proof but was told by a friend that it works fine. Same with Fido.
    09-03-17 10:07 AM
    It works for sure. I'm using one right now. The Keyone I purchased was from Rogers and then unlocked.

I live in Ottawa Region so I get LTE with band 4 there. I did get a new Sim card and obviously the LTE plan. I also had to apply a setting to allow the phone to run CDMA and LTE as the phone keeps on defaulting to CDMA only everytime I restart it.

I'm in Toronto for the weekend, where I get the "4G" but non LTE.

Once again, I confirm it works. And you didn't comb through the threads hard enough. I actually posted instructions on how to do it in these forums and on reddit.
    09-03-17 10:24 AM
    Your best bet is to go to the Freedom Mobile website and check to see if the KEYone is compatible. There is a section to enter your IMEI number to check compatibility. I did that with my KEYone and it said compatible, but not with their new LTE network, most likely with their HSPA+ network.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-a...ice-to-freedom
    Last edited by booker1953; 09-04-17 at 02:34 PM.
    09-03-17 08:33 PM
    Your best bet is to go to the Freedom Mobile website and check to see if the KEYone is compatible. There is a section to enter your IMEI number to check compatibility. I did that with my KEYone and it said compatible, but not with their new LTE network, most likely with their HSPA+ network.
    Actually, I had a lot of issues getting help from some "technical support staff" who INSISTED it would not work. And it was extremely annoying to deal with some particular cs reps. Not all of them.

The lady I spoke to also said that LTE DEFINITELY wouldn't work. I was trying to explain to her how the frequency spectrums and radio waves worked and how firmwares operated but because it wasn't on the sheet she was reading off of, she refused to help me and also refused to allow me to speak to a senior technician because she was "absolutely positive" that my keyone wouldn't work. You know.. The same one I'm using right now to type this out on the freedom network , lol.
    FF22 and Brai7 like this.
    09-04-17 01:26 PM
    Hey. Thanks, can you post the link?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 01:59 PM
    Thanks. Can you post a link to this site? Can't find it.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 02:07 PM
    Thanks all. This should suffice. FYI. I check the IMEI # for the KeyOne does work on Freedom's site. So should be all good.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 02:19 PM
    I can confirm that it works. I have an unlocked KEYone from Amazon and had it working on Freedom without issues for a couple of months before I switched to Rogers. It only showed 4G though. No LTE.
    09-04-17 02:25 PM
    Thanks all. This should suffice. FYI. I check the IMEI # for the KeyOne does work on Freedom's site. So should be all good.
    I think you'll find that the KEYone doesn't support LTE Band 66 which as I recall is only used by Freedom Mobile.
    09-04-17 02:26 PM
    Yes I used my Rogers KEYᵒⁿᵉ with Freedom mobile before switching to Public Mobile
    09-06-17 08:35 AM
    everything will work except lte
    09-06-17 03:03 PM