03-20-17 05:33 AM
45 12
tools
    same i didnt really catch on to swipe typing.
    03-13-17 12:43 PM
    Re-read my post - I think we're talking about two different things. The OP isn't talking about swiping up to input predicted words.

EDIT: Just realized what you were referring to. That is a really cool feature!

Posted via CB10
    Yep, the terminology is super confusing! Don't blame you, lol

It's kinda useless and kinda useful. I can see it being very useful on the key one since it doesn't have a virtual keyboard at all.
    03-13-17 01:10 PM

It's kinda useless and kinda useful. I can see it being very useful on the key one since it doesn't have a virtual keyboard at all.
    Maybe I am wrong but I believe it was said that the K1 does have a vkb...
    03-13-17 01:52 PM
    Maybe I am wrong but I believe it was said that the K1 does have a vkb...
    There is. Switch in the keyboard chooser displays it.
    03-13-17 02:17 PM
    Whats the point? The PKB is per definition made to press the button and feel the press. Thats why i prefer it to a VKB. While a nice gimmick, i dont see the point in a PKB that you cant press the buttons or dont have to but only pretend. That would be very unsatisfying for me. BB needs to think about good improvements and gaining a small market share before thinking about luxus features
    It's not exactly pretending, you would feel the buttons instead of feeling a flat screen. I suppose that's a different experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 11:08 PM
    You're right - I don't think this feature should be a priority for BlackBerry to be working on, but I can definitely see a point for it. As I mentioned in my last post, the wife gets pretty annoyed when she's trying to sleep and hears me clicking away. While, like you, I much prefer pressing in a physical key, this would be a cool little feature, out of which I could get use. Maybe a 3rd party developer could take a stab at it.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it would be that difficult to develop. I suppose the hardware is capable of it. Just need a driver to assign and convert them to letters.

The display could assist by telling the user if you've switched to symbols or uppercase characters.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 11:15 PM
    I don't think it would be that difficult to develop. I suppose the hardware is capable of it. Just need a driver to assign and convert them to letters.

The display could assist by telling the user if you've switched to symbols or uppercase characters.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, i suppose now that i also know that they have the feature available to swipe on the physical keyboard, i can't see it being too hard to implement.
    03-13-17 11:19 PM
    No video I know of just discussed in this forum . I search here should give u a result
    Check the Mr Mobile / Michael Fisher review on the CrackBerry blog section... :-)

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    03-14-17 12:40 AM
    Check the Mr Mobile / Michael Fisher review on the CrackBerry blog section... :-)

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    I saw the review ,but don't remember touch typing on it
    03-14-17 01:30 AM
    I actually suggested this in the beta forum for the keyboard.

Also many people are misinterpreting your post lol. Not swipe and not using vkb. But touch typing on the Physical Keyboard as you would on the virtual.

I think there would be very prone to false inputs. Like just having your finger resting on the keyboard.

It would be neat to have though.
    03-14-17 07:44 AM
    Hey, this is good news for me. --The swype typing on PKB, that is, not the OP's original question. My two preferred ways to input text are pressing physical keys and gesture typing. My least preferred is tapping virtual keys. Gesture typing is faster but in general less accurate, even with the predictive AI. Even so, there are times when I want to use it. For slower paced, more thoughtful writing I prefer the PKB. It looks like the K1 will be ideal for me (especially since I'm not a fan of sliders, which is why I passed on the Priv).
    AmritD likes this.
    03-14-17 10:28 AM
    Question..

I know the KEYone has touch capabilities on the keyboard. Is it also possible to type without pressing the keys. Just touching them keys on the physical keyboard?

I'm not referring to the virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    The problem I see with developing this feature would be, if intending to use the normal press method, your fingers usually fall all over the keyboard with light side glances, would the touch option pick up all of these unintended touches? However if there's an option to switch between touch and press, this problem would be resolved. I have not heard of this feature
    03-14-17 01:31 PM
    The problem I see with developing this feature would be, if intending to use the normal press method, your fingers usually fall all over the keyboard with light side glances, would the touch option pick up all of these unintended touches? However if there's an option to switch between touch and press, this problem would be resolved. I have not heard of this feature
    It shouldn't be that hard to assign a shortcut to enable/disable the feature. Enough shortcuts available :-p

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 07:18 PM

Also many people are misinterpreting your post lol. Not swipe and not using vkb. But touch typing on the Physical Keyboard as you would on the virtual.

I think there would be very prone to false inputs. Like just having your finger resting on the keyboard.

Did you receive any positive response on the Beta forum?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 07:20 PM

Yeah, I understood what OP meant right away... anyway. I wonder what's the capacitive keyboard resolution, if it's good enough to touch-type, or if it's only for general swiping in every direction. I suppose a bit of software could make it better by filtering movements and predic words, but as you said, it would probably be prone to errors from the keyboard, or from the user just accidentally touching it.

Posted via CB10 with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205.
    03-15-17 08:13 AM
    Imo if u want touch typing just get a full touch phone
    Yeah, I just don't think it be any easier to type.

Quieter typing perhaps

Could swipe typing be do-able even? I'm not referring to flicking words up

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 06:44 AM
    I disagree, I think it would be an awesome feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 08:43 PM
    Any news from beta?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 12:24 AM
    Yeah, I just don't think it be any easier to type.

Quieter typing perhaps

Could swipe typing be do-able even? I'm not referring to flicking words up

Posted via CB10
    Swipe typing is available on the pkb.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 02:32 AM
    For summary:
    Since the priv has swipe typing on the pkb, it is most likely to be a feature of the Keyone too.
    But I don't think that there will be any sort of touch typing other than swipe on the pkb.
    If you want silent typing there is an option to open the vkb

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    03-20-17 05:33 AM
45 12