Question..

I know the KEYone has touch capabilities on the keyboard. Is it also possible to type without pressing the keys. Just touching them keys on the physical keyboard?

I'm not referring to the virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hendmein; 03-12-17 at 11:08 PM.
    03-12-17 10:51 PM
    Yes
    03-12-17 10:52 PM
    Yes
    Has it already been demonstrated, if so where can I find the video?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 10:54 PM
    No video I know of just discussed in this forum . I search here should give u a result
    03-12-17 10:55 PM
    Read the snap chat thread there's a picture of the virtual keyboard on the KEYone
    03-12-17 10:58 PM
    Read the snap chat thread there's a picture of the virtual keyboard on the KEYone
    I'm not talking about the virtual keyboard, but the physical one

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 10:59 PM
    I'm not talking about the virtual keyboard, but the physical one

Posted via CB10
    OH yeah OK . No can't type by touching only that's what virtual keyboard phones are for . But it does have touch features like swiping for scrolling and flick word predict
    03-12-17 11:01 PM
    Imo if u want touch typing just get a full touch phone
    03-12-17 11:02 PM
    OH yeah OK . No can't type by touching only that's what virtual keyboard phones are for . But it does have touch features like swiping for scrolling and flick word predict
    Would be a nice feature. I suppose it's possible on a hardware level.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 11:04 PM
    Imo if u want touch typing just get a full touch phone
    I prefer both ways, sky's the limit bro

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 11:05 PM
    I prefer both ways, sky's the limit bro

Posted via CB10
    Sure power to ya .the more features the better . It's just not something I would use
    03-12-17 11:06 PM
    That's BlackBerry DNA
    03-12-17 11:06 PM
    Question..

I know the KEYone has touch capabilities on the keyboard. Is it also possible to type without pressing the keys. Just touching them keys on the physical keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean touch as in swipe typing like Swift key? If so, yes it has that as well as an on screen virtual keyboard.
    03-12-17 11:33 PM
    Question..

Posted via CB10
    Given the Priv supports this, it would be very surprising if the KEYone didn't.
    I don't find it very useful though. For one thing, BlackBerry's algorithms aren't nearly as good as Google's.
    03-12-17 11:43 PM
    I think people are misinterpreting the OP's question.

I think he's asking if it's possible to type using the pkb, but not actually having to press the button in. So, for instance, just tapping your finger over the "b" (but not physically pressing it in) would input the letter b into the typing field.

I posted in another thread about this being a cool feature, utilizing the capacitive keyboard technology that the phone will have. My wife hates when I type away on my Passport while she is trying to sleep...which is literally happening as I type this haha

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-13-17 12:32 AM
    Whats the point? The PKB is per definition made to press the button and feel the press. Thats why i prefer it to a VKB. While a nice gimmick, i dont see the point in a PKB that you cant press the buttons or dont have to but only pretend. That would be very unsatisfying for me. BB needs to think about good improvements and gaining a small market share before thinking about luxus features
    03-13-17 01:35 AM
    You CAN touch type, if they have the same options as priv has.

On the priv's physical keyboard, you can use swipe typing like where you just slide your fingers across the keyboard and it writes it for you.
    I'm sure the key one will have it too. I don't see why it wouldn't.
    03-13-17 01:40 AM

I think he's asking if it's possible to type using the pkb, but not actually having to press the button in. So, for instance, just tapping your finger over the "b" (but not physically pressing it in) would input the letter b into the typing field.

I posted in another thread about this being a cool feature, utilizing the capacitive keyboard technology that the phone will have. My wife hates when I type away on my Passport while she is trying to sleep...which is literally happening as I type this haha

Posted via CB10
    Read my post above. It does work on the priv. It should be available on the key one
    03-13-17 01:41 AM
    Swipe works, touching the keys but not pressing them doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 06:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    You just explained it. I'm sorry for the misses lol

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 06:36 AM
    Question..

Posted via CB10
    BB has the swipe feature with the capacitive kb's.
    03-13-17 10:17 AM
    Whats the point? The PKB is per definition made to press the button and feel the press. Thats why i prefer it to a VKB. While a nice gimmick, i dont see the point in a PKB that you cant press the buttons or dont have to but only pretend. That would be very unsatisfying for me. BB needs to think about good improvements and gaining a small market share before thinking about luxus features
    You're right - I don't think this feature should be a priority for BlackBerry to be working on, but I can definitely see a point for it. As I mentioned in my last post, the wife gets pretty annoyed when she's trying to sleep and hears me clicking away. While, like you, I much prefer pressing in a physical key, this would be a cool little feature, out of which I could get use. Maybe a 3rd party developer could take a stab at it.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 10:20 AM
    Read my post above. It does work on the priv. It should be available on the key one
    Re-read my post - I think we're talking about two different things. The OP isn't talking about swiping up to input predicted words.

EDIT: Just realized what you were referring to. That is a really cool feature!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hoopitz; 03-13-17 at 11:30 AM.
    03-13-17 10:25 AM
    Touch typing is not the right word.

Swipe typing is.

Like such..

And yes, it's in current builds.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    03-13-17 11:09 AM
    Interesting. Sounds like the best of both worlds--except I never could grok swipe typing anyway. XD

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 11:26 AM
45 12