My Priv's back and home buttons are part of the screen and they disappear all the time when media's playing, etc. Which is my first-world problem of the year.

But recently I saw a pic with the two of them side by side (I think the "not even close" article) and both screens were off but the Keyone still was showing the 3 bottom buttons visible while the Priv wasn't.

Makes me wonder, does the screen start above those keys on the keyone?
    06-02-17 12:46 AM
    Yeah the screen and the software keys are separate.
    06-02-17 12:48 AM
    Software keys?
    06-02-17 01:10 AM
    It's a touch press too am I right?
    06-02-17 01:15 AM
    yes touch and not a hardware button
    06-02-17 01:20 AM
    So... it's dope. That's what you're telling me.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-02-17 01:30 AM
    it's different , don't think it's been done before.
    06-02-17 01:32 AM
    Thanks man.

/thread
    06-02-17 01:37 AM
    It's like those Windows Phones or Androids that has the back, start/home, search... keys printed on the face of the device. I don't know whether they're backlit on the KEYone though.
    06-02-17 08:56 AM
    My Priv's back and home buttons are part of the screen and they disappear all the time when media's playing, etc. Which is my first-world problem of the year.

But recently I saw a pic with the two of them side by side (I think the "not even close" article) and both screens were off but the Keyone still was showing the 3 bottom buttons visible while the Priv wasn't.

Makes me wonder, does the screen start above those keys on the keyone?
    They are touch sensitive but they are physically there at all times if that makes sense. If you recall how Samsung devices historically had touch sensitive recent app, and back buttons on either side of a physical home button. The buttons on the KEYone are similar to that. I personally preferred the all touch ones on the DTEK series that actually completely disappeared whenever the display is off or they're not needed. (When strolling).
    06-02-17 12:27 PM
    They are touch sensitive but they are physically there at all times if that makes sense. If you recall how Samsung devices historically had touch sensitive recent app, and back buttons on either side of a physical home button. The buttons on the KEYone are similar to that. I personally preferred the all touch ones on the DTEK series that actually completely disappeared whenever the display is off or they're not needed. (When strolling).
    Can define "strolling"? I Googled it and drew a blank.

Also, are the software keys backlit?
    06-02-17 12:51 PM
    Yes, they're backlit. I never noticed they were fixed keys until I turned the phone sideways. On a Priv, the back triangle turns 90 degrees to point left. On k1, it remains pointing down.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-02-17 01:29 PM
    keyone capacitive keys are backlit. software keys are a part of the screen
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-02-17 02:10 PM