Hi, if any heard had or have any problems with K1 BE global version?
    Is the scratches and chips appear easily on that black edges after dropping them? As I understand that silver one definitely hard to make them visible. Like my Classic, I dropped few times on hard surfaces like rough asphalt from 1 - 3 m. height and I got very hardy visible scratches on the corners were it has hit, but it's like absolutely nothing. Hate to have my phone in some kind of condom, they just bothers to have a great feeling whenever they are. I just use simple cases where I keep them when they are not in my hands.
    So please post any issues with K1 global BE. Very appreciated.
    Thanks
    12-29-17 03:53 PM
    Other than not having some US cell bands, there arent any issues I know of with Black Edition K1.
    12-29-17 07:51 PM
    Nice, looking for best option to buy it finally after my classic after last updates pissed me of today few times in very bad time.
    12-30-17 03:08 PM
    I can confirm that the black edition is sensitive in this respect: paint or whatever coating it is comes off easily. Mine is scratched with the black paint off on both top corners. The white metal is shining through. Not the prettiest sight. Result of two drops (on carpet).
    12-31-17 09:21 PM
    update: the black coating is now also coming off from the ring around the camera lens on the back, which is slightly protruding. The white metal can now be seen. This is under normal usage conditions.
    01-04-18 06:38 AM
    You could always use black touch up paint used on guns. It is flat black and adheres nicely to the black metal.

I've used it on mine and it looks so stock.
    FF22 and cyberdoggie like this.
    01-04-18 06:43 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I am just amazed how fragile that black finish actually is. I would imagine the original silver edition holds longer in this respect. Too bad one is obliged to get the black edition to obtain today's standard specs, however.
    01-05-18 03:20 AM
    The anodisation process is fragile on metal. It is also evident on iphone 7 and onwards.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-05-18 07:33 PM