As you guys you know, This phone has a relatively small screen but a very useful keyboard. But the Key2 come with navigation keys (Back - Home - ...) at the bottom of the screen. wasting precious space and it's ugly to show on the screenshots. like they couldn't integrate this into the keyboard.

Somebody please tell me the Keyone doesn't have it! because I was excited to finally leave my DTEK for a Key2 but it was deal breaker for me.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Does it have navigation keys at bottom of the screen like the Key2?-img_20180628_223844.jpg  
    Last edited by Nizar Maaroufi; 06-28-18 at 12:40 PM. Reason: add screenshot
    06-28-18 11:39 AM
    As you guys you know, This phone has a relatively small screen but a very useful keyboard. But the Key2 come with navigation keys (Back - Home - ...) at the bottom of the screen. wasting precious space and it's ugly to show on the screenshots. like they couldn't integrate this into the keyboard.

Somebody please tell me the Keyone doesn't have it! because I was excited to finally leave my DTEK for a Key2 but it was deal breaker for me.

Thanks
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ has capacitive navigation buttons.
    Nizar Maaroufi likes this.
    06-28-18 11:41 AM
    If you want navigation buttons on the screen download "back button" from Google Play Store.
    06-28-18 11:42 AM
    That's the deal breaker?

Google has it's own rules about uniformity of Android...
    06-28-18 11:46 AM
    If you want navigation buttons on the screen download "back button" from Google Play Store.
    If you confirm it doesn't have it... I'm buying a keyone!
    06-28-18 12:38 PM
    That's the deal breaker?

Google has it's own rules about uniformity of Android...
    We have a hug pkb, so why the poor screen should suffer?
    06-28-18 12:38 PM
    If you confirm it doesn't have it... I'm buying a keyone!
    I had problem with my screen protector. The back button was not so sensitive. I used this app to solve the problem. The icons stay on the right side at the bottom of screen, but you can replace the icons.
    06-28-18 12:50 PM
    I had problem with my screen protector. The back button was not so sensitive. I used this app to solve the problem. The icons stay on the right side at the bottom of screen, but you can replace the icons.
    I think the issue is that the OP wants a physically longer screen.
    06-28-18 01:13 PM
    I think the issue is that the OP wants a physically longer screen.
    Impossible. It's long enough.
    06-28-18 01:24 PM
    As it's only screenshot pictures that will suffer I don't think it's that bad a compromise. Looks wise I do prefer the KEYone black edition from the front, even with the glossy keyboard. From all other angles I prefer the KEY².

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    06-28-18 01:27 PM
    Impossible. It's long enough.
    I don't think you're understanding. The OP doesn't want capacitive keys, and thinks they're taking up space where the display could've stretched to.

Yes, it is impossible with the K1 and K2 because that's how they're manufactured. If the capacitive keys were eliminated on a future device, it could mean a slightly longer display to eliminate the black boarders on videos, and a taller keyboard.
    06-28-18 02:05 PM
    I don't think you're understanding. The OP doesn't want capacitive keys, and thinks they're taking up space where the display could've stretched to.

Yes, it is impossible with the K1 and K2 because that's how they're manufactured. If the capacitive keys were eliminated on a future device, it could mean a slightly longer display to eliminate the black boarders on videos, and a taller keyboard.
    Everyone is moving to gestures... they will eventually go away.

What the OP wants is generally what most consumers want... the biggest display they can get and the device still be "mobile".

So manufactures have made larger devices, they got rid of keyboards, they've gotten rid of bezels and have started getting rid of navigation buttons.
    06-28-18 02:41 PM

Thanks
    Thankfully, yes.

It doesn't take screen space. You have the full 3:2 panel available. The capacitive row is on its own panel.
    06-28-18 03:01 PM

If there is no capasitive buttons, the device would look like an ordinary android devıce, like huawei or samsung.
    Last edited by hebehebe; 06-29-18 at 12:55 AM.
    06-28-18 11:25 PM
    If there is no capasitive buttons, the device would look like an ordinary android devıce, like huawei or samsung.
    With a pkb, and BB styling*

Android doesn't need those physical home, back, and recent apps keys. Personally, I feel only low-end devices have those. Not even the majority of current mid-tier devices have them now.
    06-29-18 11:14 AM