Am thinking of upgrade to the keyone black

Does the device search app used in conjunction with the blackberry launcher clear the previous search text everytime its launched ???
    10-08-17 12:13 PM
    Unfortunately it does not, you have to close the app to reset the text field. Annoying, I just use the default shortcut key for long press "S" which opens up google search, it autoclears every time you open the app.
    10-08-17 03:58 PM
    This was fixed in the PRIV version 1.2.0.x (march 17) of device search when directly typed from launcher (without using shortcuts):
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12866658

But I don't know if they still have the bug in the N-version of KEYone.
    10-08-17 04:17 PM
    Unfortunately it does not, you have to close the app to reset the text field. Annoying, I just use the default shortcut key for long press "S" which opens up google search, it autoclears every time you open the app.
    How do you set it to open Google search? As far as I know its impossible with the BlackBerry Launcher.

Are you using a different launcher?
    10-08-17 04:36 PM
    How do you set it to open Google search? As far as I know its impossible with the BlackBerry Launcher.

Are you using a different launcher?
    It's only possible if you didn't change the default long hold "S" key, on default it is Google search. For some reason it can't be mapped to any other key or once you change it because the option isn't available in the app/shortcut list.
    10-09-17 01:27 AM
    It's only possible if you didn't change the default long hold "S" key, on default it is Google search. For some reason it can't be mapped to any other key or once you change it because the option isn't available in the app/shortcut list.
    I just cleared both my long and short S shortcuts and Google search won't show up, instead it is asking me which app or shortcut I want to assign to the S key, like it does for any other key.
    10-09-17 01:38 AM
    I just cleared both my long and short S shortcuts and Google search won't show up, instead it is asking me which app or shortcut I want to assign to the S key, like it does for any other key.
    Yes because you have already changed the default long hold S, you can no longer get it back, clearing it doesn't help. Only option is factory rest.
    10-09-17 01:43 AM
    Yes because you have already changed the default long hold S, you can no longer get it back, clearing it doesn't help. Only option is factory rest.
    So odd that factory reset is the only way to get it back....anyway, thank you!
    10-09-17 01:45 AM