Okay so I'm stoked to get my hands on a K1 (I don't plan on bending mine in half with all my strength), and like a lot of other people I've been watching like every review vid out there to see what people's thoughts and reception of it is like.

One thing that keeps absolutely pissing me off is everyone keeps harping on the screen: 'well it's a bit cramped at 4.5", but it's usable I suppose.'

...Um anyone paying attention to what the iPhone 7 screen size?? Yupp that's right it too is 'a bit cramped at 4.7", but it's absolutely supurb'.

I'm tired of double standards in the tech world. If someone likes something that's fine, we all have our bias, I certainly do. But at least have a level playing field. That K1 is only .2" smaller, but don't even think about comparing dpi/ppi on those two...

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 07:08 PM
    Doesn't surprise me.

I've been a BB user for ten years now and have heard just about every insult, comment, and snarky remark from naysayers about Blackberry to the point where I simply expect something negative.

For instance, I work in Corporate America where the company phone is an iPhone... and those who have noticed that I carry a Blackberry for my personal phone either laugh or say something snarky. Again, not surprising and don't feel the need to waste my time defending my choice of personal phone.

Does it bother me? Not really because I'm already numb to the negativity.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    06-08-17 07:15 PM
    Seriously, the screen on my k1 is perfect. I love it and nothing about it feels cramped at all. Yes, I get the black bars while watching YouTube videos, but it's not bad at all. Outside of video consumption, I prefer the K1 over my iPhone 6s which I'm currently using while my phone is charging across the room. There are way too many picky reviews when it comes to devices, but this phone provides more than enough for what blackberry users are looking for.
    06-08-17 07:18 PM
    I get why black bars annoy people, they don't bother me. But I mean we have widescreen tv and movies, and no one says anything about that. Heck the latest from Samsung is gonna have black bars cause it's not 16:9..

I'm just tired of the double standards.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 09:55 PM
    Seriously, the screen on my k1 is perfect. I love it and nothing about it feels cramped at all. Yes, I get the black bars while watching YouTube videos, but it's not bad at all. Outside of video consumption, I prefer the K1 over my iPhone 6s which I'm currently using while my phone is charging across the room. There are way too many picky reviews when it comes to devices, but this phone provides more than enough for what blackberry users are looking for.
    Your KEY is charging! And you're on an iFone during this time, you have my upmost regards. I know this is painful for you! Wow!!
    06-08-17 10:13 PM
    I get why black bars annoy people, they don't bother me. But I mean we have widescreen tv and movies, and no one says anything about that. Heck the latest from Samsung is gonna have black bars cause it's not 16:9..

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, just ignore the black bars. It's like those people who would distort their tv image just to fit the screen with no letterboxing. What is the big freakin' deal? I agree with you completely on that...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-08-17 10:42 PM
    Exactly, just ignore the black bars. It's like those people who would distort their tv image just to fit the screen with no letterboxing. What is the big freakin' deal? I agree with you completely on that...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Exactly! Sure a phone screen has less real estate than a tv but people don't say a word about it when they're watch the flatscreen. I'm willing to bet the new iPhone will not be 16:9 either but people won't say anything about it.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 10:51 PM
    I know I'm prob just anal

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 10:51 PM
    Um, I purposely bought widescreen VHS tapes with black bars to see the cinematic version of movies when TVs were 32" and smaller. Black bars don't bother me.
    06-08-17 10:57 PM
    Um, I purposely bought widescreen VHS tapes with black bars to see the cinematic version of movies when TVs were 32" and smaller. Black bars don't bother me.
    Widescreen is good, you get to see more, it's like zoomed out

Posted via CB10
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    06-08-17 10:58 PM
    Ya, I was worried about the 4.5" screen while thinking about the Keyone. Once I got it in my hands, it's the most perfect screen out there imo. Not too small and not too big, just right....
    06-08-17 11:13 PM
    I feel like they nailed it, but obviously that just be thinking about it, I haven't even held one yet

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 11:21 PM
    What bothers me about all the negativity is so much of it is coming from these forums!! No BB10; specs too low; price too high; release delays and availability botched, and now complaint after complaint about quality issues. I love my KEYone and sadly I seem to be out numbered on, of all places, Crackberry!
    06-08-17 11:49 PM
    Yeah really, but anymore people love to whine. Even people flipping out about jerryrig vid. I don't plan on bending my phone in half everyday until my knuckles turn white..but maybe that's just me

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 11:52 PM
    Well said!
    06-09-17 12:01 AM
    I get why black bars annoy people

Posted via CB10
    I hate all bars. Black bars, brown bars, polar bars
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-17 12:14 AM
    I hate all bars. Black bars, brown bars, polar bars
    good one

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 08:41 AM
    Okay so I'm stoked to get my hands on a K1 (I don't plan on bending mine in half with all my strength), and like a lot of other people I've been watching like every review vid out there to see what people's thoughts and reception of it is like.

One thing that keeps absolutely pissing me off is everyone keeps harping on the screen: 'well it's a bit cramped at 4.5", but it's usable I suppose.'

...Um anyone paying attention to what the iPhone 7 screen size?? Yupp that's right it too is 'a bit cramped at 4.7", but it's absolutely supurb'.

I'm tired of double standards in the tech world. If someone likes something that's fine, we all have our bias, I certainly do. But at least have a level playing field. That K1 is only .2" smaller, but don't even think about comparing dpi/ppi on those two...

Posted via CB10
    We are living in the era of double standards. See politics.
    06-09-17 09:23 AM
    Why let it bother you? And no the bars don't bother me or wouldn't. I think the issue for some is that they have all that real estate and not to have it used seems like a bad thing.
    06-09-17 09:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't like the new round of Samsung phones. They are to tall now, look weird. Two years ago everybody was saying square screens are best, that didn't last long. Now they went in the opposite direction, not even at 16:9 standards anymore, they look stretched. Note 4 was the last phone they did right.
    06-09-17 09:39 AM
    For those people like me that used a passport for almost 2 years, it also had a 4.5 inch screen. When watching YouTube, it would show those black bars that you couldn't get rid of also.

Didn't bother me. I know if I can watch content on a passport for that long without a second thought, then the Keyone would be a breeze. You just have people that are natural complainers. the best way to find out about a device is to find out for yourself. A lesson I always seem to remind myself of buying a blackberry I might add.
    06-09-17 09:50 AM