Even he can't disassemble it with his tools. It's that good now. Lol
    08-18-17 04:17 AM
    CDMA has not been in stock for weeks, but that's more likely because the Chinese model also uses a CDMA modem and they were producing those, rather than an attempt to pull stock.
    I'm talking about the reports from Canadian fans attempting to buy in Canada. Someone posted that their carrier said that the stock had been sent back. This would indicate they're actively removing original stock.
    08-18-17 04:34 AM
    If he was just a little more careful and pryed it from the top of the screen instead of the bottom he probably would have saved the ribbon and not break essentially the phone
    08-18-17 04:35 AM
    Great follow up video and as others have said, it's great to see someone actually follow up and show that the manufacturing defect has been corrected on the newer K1's.

I do wish they would have at least had some identification on the box showing it was a "fixed" device. Thanks for the follow up video sir.
    Since there's been stock outs at official resellers, what are the odds of buying original stock laying around? Perhaps buying from Amazon Warehouse, non-official resellers or used would get you into trouble, but buying from carriers, Amazon, Best Buy, Selfridges, CPW, etc. is probably fine.
    08-18-17 04:40 AM
    Has JerryRig ever redone the test on the same phone model before like he did with the K1?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-17 06:23 AM
    Has JerryRig ever redone the test on the same phone model before like he did with the K1?

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps, why?
    08-18-17 06:24 AM
    Perhaps, why?
    Just want to know if this is a normal thing he does.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-17 08:00 AM
    Just want to know if this is a normal thing he does.

Posted via CB10
    One would think he was "encouraged" to do another one..... nothing wrong with that.
    08-18-17 08:16 AM
    For UK buyers, don't the CPW boxes have a white label on the outside showing the manufacture date (or packing date as some say)?
    Personally, wouldn't touch one without an August date.
    08-18-17 08:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, for the Nexus 6P, which folded like an accordion on both occasions.
    08-18-17 08:17 AM

TL;DW: it doesn't. No more shelf of shame. The glue is actually so strong that attempting to remove the screen breaks it.
    Nice!

So do people now see the importance of his tests? Even if parts of the test are a bit much, it helps find niggles in the design.

Nice one TCL on fixing the issue! ☺
    08-18-17 09:19 AM
    Now the complaint will be, I can't replace my screen......LOL.

Great news, now where was the ejector button again.......woof
    08-18-17 09:31 AM
    Wondering from what built date we can expect to have this extra strong glue.

08-18-17 09:44 AM
    mine was a complete replacement!? why do they just re-seal the screen send back,while others like me get a brandnew replacement!?
    08-18-17 01:58 PM
    Wondering from what built date we can expect to have this extra strong glue.

It sounds like after mid July.
    08-18-17 04:15 PM
    mine was a complete replacement!? why do they just re-seal the screen send back,while others like me get a brandnew replacement!?
    TCL reseals - complaint: They sending out refurb units!
    TCL replaces - complaint: It's a hassle to setup everything again!
    08-18-17 06:58 PM
    So glad? To see a KEYone destroyed in the quest for knowledge. Just to reiterate. I have one of the originals, available in Canada from the first week, and it has been flawless, without a case.
    Same. Flawless.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-18-17 08:23 PM
    I'm located on Aruba and can't really count on a proper warranty for by KeyOne.
    However, I bought 2 thin square inch patches witch will stick double sided just in case the screen decided to lift so I can stick it myself. (Knock knock on wood)
    I'm not planning to (very difficult) exchange my otherwise perfect device for whatever they might put in your hands.
    Assuming if I encounter a screen-lift, it lift on such manner that it don't fall off.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-19-17 08:33 AM
    Mine just fell out after I dropped it BUT it's also in a nice case too. It was my second Keyone as the first was returned in 3 days due to unusual over heating. My third one is awesome with sick battery life ! I haven't charged it in over 20 hours yet battery status is showing more than 2 days available at 70%. Crazy! And I'm very happy
    Last edited by fjfisher601#AC; 08-19-17 at 12:58 PM.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-19-17 09:47 AM
    o dear now we all waiting for round 3
    08-19-17 10:00 AM
    I'm located on Aruba and can't really count on a proper warranty for by KeyOne.
    However, I bought 2 thin square inch patches witch will stick double sided just in case the screen decided to lift so I can stick it myself. (Knock knock on wood)
    I'm not planning to (very difficult) exchange my otherwise perfect device for whatever they might put in your hands.
    Assuming if I encounter a screen-lift, it lift on such manner that it don't fall off.
    Yes, if the ribbon is not detached it's very easy to repair it yourself , I have done it also myself to avoid the hassle of the warranty procedure. I went to a general repair shop of phones , it took 10 minutes and I have paid 10€
    FF22 likes this.
    08-19-17 01:48 PM
46 12