In recent months and years I can't even count the number of times Canada (their home country) has been overlooked, left-out or mislead.

Most recently, the launch of the KeyOne and KeyOne Black.

Canada is one of their last remaining core audience. Will they stop the snub before its too late?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-17 02:34 PM
    Canada seems to be pretty well covered. Factory unlocked, carrier locked with carrier support. What exactly are you complaining about?
    09-29-17 02:37 PM
    If botching a launch constitutes hating a country then I guess they're misanthropes.
    09-29-17 02:38 PM
    Canada seems to be pretty well covered. Factory unlocked, carrier locked with carrier support. What exactly are you complaining about?
    Agreed. The only thing we can say is the BlackBerry Mobile's rollout could have been better.
    09-29-17 02:44 PM
    It's the regularity and consistency that Canadian phone and service launches are the worst or non-existent. I blame both BlackBerry Ltd and Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    valiant29 likes this.
    09-29-17 02:44 PM
    In recent months and years I can't even count the number of times Canada (their home country) has been overlooked, left-out or mislead.

Most recently, the launch of the KeyOne and KeyOne Black.

Canada is one of their last remaining core audience. Will they stop the snub before its too late?

Posted via CB10
    The KEYone is not a BlackBerry device. This concept has been so hard to grasp for some people. Historically, BlackBerry has treated Canada very well. Most launches were here first. However, with TCL now in the driver's seat for hardware, they owe nothing to Canada.
    Deckerp2 likes this.
    09-29-17 02:45 PM
    Our launches, if we even get them, are the last and worst. Nothing but an after thought. Canada should be their test market. First taken care of.

No matter the size of our market. We remain their most loyal customers. They take us for granted.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-17 02:46 PM
    Nucks don't patronize. This is beside the point. BlackBerry Ltd. set that precedent long before BBmobile existed.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-17 02:47 PM
    Keep in mind that in countries with multiple carrier support, OEMs consider the carrier as their primary customer and the carriers dictate much of what is offered to you and when it's offered.
    Deckerp2 likes this.
    09-29-17 03:04 PM
    Nucks don't patronize. This is beside the point. BlackBerry Ltd. set that precedent long before BBmobile existed.

Posted via CB10
    You brought up the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - which has absolutely nothing to do with precedent and/or BlackBerry.

But I don't think your point is valid anyway. Both BlackBerry and now TCL launch in Canada on or near day 1.
    09-29-17 03:26 PM
    what kills me is they push their fanboy & girls to buy the KEYᵒⁿᵉ with 3gb/32gb and then make 4gb/64gb available for to far away places leaving north Americans scratching their heads and viewing other offerings lustfully... TCL learns Customer disdain quickly I think
    09-29-17 03:57 PM
    You brought up the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - which has absolutely nothing to do with precedent and/or BlackBerry.

But I don't think your point is valid anyway. Both BlackBerry and now TCL launch in Canada on or near day 1.
    Dear trolls.

1) the carrier issue is only partially valid, but this doesn't the same behaviour with unlocked phones. That's on BlackBerry Ltd (previously) and BlackBerry Mobile (today).

2) As I mentioned previously, Conite, this behaviour extends back years. Well before BBMOBILE existed. So while it applies to BBMobile's KeyOne it also applies to other BB Ltd.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-17 03:58 PM
    If a simple disagreement with your opinion makes me a troll, then so be it.

Canada has essentially always been first. Forever. Name a singe pre-keyone device that wasn't. I bought a Priv, DTEK50, DTEK60, Passport SE, Classic, Z30, Z10, 9900, 9810, etc on LAUNCH day.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ Silver was also available on launch day. The ONLY reason it was available in the US unlocked, was because it didn't have carrier support.

These are the facts.
    09-29-17 04:31 PM
    Maybe late, but at least you got the K1. Other places are still waiting to see one in the shop...
    09-29-17 04:32 PM
    Heck, do people forget the BlackBerry Passport launch was in Toronto with none other than Wayne Gretzky promoting it!? Furthermore on your KEYone launch day point, not only was it available on launch day, a lot of smaller locations' carriers had them in-store.
    09-29-17 06:05 PM
    And still the best BlackBerry put out in its time "Passport" .😀
    09-29-17 06:21 PM
    I don't feel left out or misled...I got my hands on a black edition KeyONE before they were even for sale in stores. Being in Canada definitely does have some privileges when it comes to BlackBerry. At least if you live near Toronto, self-declared capital of the universe. Lol.
    09-29-17 06:50 PM
    North America isn't buying BlackBerry handsets. Only fanatics like us want them. Makes sense that Canada and the US get the rollout last. Unpleasant for we who want the device and live in North America, but makes sense from BlackBerry Mobile's perspective.
    anon(10065266) likes this.
    09-29-17 07:02 PM
    They already tested the Dtek60 and Dtek50 in North America so why Test us again with a Keyone lesser spec'd phone. Well it isn't made here anymore is it.
    09-29-17 07:18 PM
    Yes, of course BlackBerry hates Canada. That's why they've kept their head office here, but turned over manufacturing and sales to a Chinese company that refuses to acknowledge that Toronto is the center of everything important.
    09-29-17 08:03 PM
    What's with the whining in here? Canada has been treated just fine by both BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile to date.
    09-29-17 08:14 PM
    Well, reason by the launches, the hate list goes long and Canada is still much loved on that list.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-17 01:43 AM
    Dear trolls.
    So anyone who dares to disagree with you is a troll? Yeah, you’re going to do really well in life. 🙄
    09-30-17 04:10 AM
    Welcome to snub city...

Now, before we have more troll discussion, thread closed
    pgg101 likes this.
    09-30-17 06:16 AM