The title says it all. Anyone with the ATT branded keyone that can confirm one way or another if WiFi calling works? Tired of battling ATT over my amazon purchased keyone not having WiFi calling.
    09-22-17 02:18 PM
    At the moment the answer is No....But who to say it wont come in an update.
    09-22-17 07:37 PM
    The title says it all. Anyone with the ATT branded keyone that can confirm one way or another if WiFi calling works? Tired of battling ATT over my amazon purchased keyone not having WiFi calling.
    I don't think the Amazon unlocked model will ever support it, since AT&T's policy is that they only provide "enhanced features" on AT&T-branded phones. Currently the AT&T exclusive "space black" model doesn't support it, but it's possible it could be supported by a future update.
    09-22-17 07:46 PM
    lol Amazon one won't have the AT&T software to do wifi calling, and AT&T one doesn't have software for it either, but it *might* come in the future.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-22-17 08:33 PM
    works great on T-Mobile
    09-22-17 09:34 PM
    unless you have the indian -7 then it doesnt work so far on tmobile
    09-22-17 10:49 PM
    I have a black Keyone, purchased through AT&T online, and there are no “WiFi calling” options anywhere in settings.
    09-23-17 07:44 AM
    AT&T provides enhanced features on iPhone regardless of where they come from.
    09-23-17 08:14 AM
    I am hoping for a software update to enable Wifi calling on the AT&T variant.
    09-23-17 08:16 AM
    You and me both!!!
    09-23-17 05:24 PM
    No software is required, it is built into the phone. ATT is blocking both WIFI calling and enhanced LTE from working. I put a T-Mobile pre-paid Sim in my Amazon Keyone and WiFi calling option showed up and worked fine. I had hoped that since there was now an ATT branded Keyone that they would have allowed it to access WiFi calling on their network but apparently they are blocking it even on the ATT keyone.

Everyone with a keyone, PRIV, or dtek should be on the phone complaining to them as to why they are blocking these features.
    09-25-17 02:11 PM
    lol Amazon one won't have the AT&T software to do wifi calling, and AT&T one doesn't have software for it either, but it *might* come in the future.
    No software is required, it is built into the phone. ATT is blocking the feature.
    09-25-17 02:12 PM
    I have a black Keyone, purchased through AT&T online, and there are no “WiFi calling” options anywhere in settings.
    You need to get on the phone with them and tell them they need to stop blocking calling features that you are paying for. The keyone supports WiFi calling out of the box but they are blocking it.
    09-25-17 02:14 PM
    thats lame. the att branded keyone should work with volte and wifi calling. that is a valid complaint. me complaining about the indian variant not working on tmobile I less valid. if mine were a magical tmobile branded keyone I would complain like crazy
    09-25-17 03:29 PM
    No software is required, it is built into the phone. ATT is blocking both WIFI calling and enhanced LTE from working. I put a T-Mobile pre-paid Sim in my Amazon Keyone and WiFi calling option showed up and worked fine. I had hoped that since there was now an ATT branded Keyone that they would have allowed it to access WiFi calling on their network but apparently they are blocking it even on the ATT keyone.

Everyone with a keyone, PRIV, or dtek should be on the phone complaining to them as to why they are blocking these features.
    I recall someone on these forums saying that what AT&T is doing is unlawful via an FTC chapter or something but that the US government won't actually support an indictment of the carrier. Would love to support a personal lawsuit. Anyways I'll continue to use this device without features I still pay monthly for, but this is really getting old. The FCC and FTC suck. Really wish someone would do something.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-25-17 10:38 PM
    Rep says it is possible WiFi calling will be available in a future update.
    Attached Thumbnails Does the ATT KEYone  support WIFI calling?-screenshot_20170925-224618.jpg  
    09-26-17 12:48 AM
    Too small to read.
    09-26-17 12:53 AM
    Rep says it is possible WiFi calling will be available in a future update.
    Tell them the keyone doesn't need an update to support WIFI calling. They just need to stop blocking it.
    FF22 and portplayer like this.
    09-27-17 11:45 AM
    Tell them the keyone doesn't need an update to support WIFI calling. They just need to stop blocking it.
    Which would involve a software update from AT&T.

And, I think that was the point.
    portplayer likes this.
    09-27-17 11:52 AM
    sorry.. it basically says it is possible that WiFi calling will be possible in a future update
    09-28-17 02:53 AM
    Any news on this? It's absurd that wifi calling can't be provisioned on factory unlocked devices let alone an at&t branded keyone. I'm holding out still to get this resolved but I'm losing my patience for a phone released a few months ago
    10-11-17 09:03 AM
    Any news on this? It's absurd that wifi calling can't be provisioned on factory unlocked devices let alone an at&t branded keyone. I'm holding out still to get this resolved but I'm losing my patience for a phone released a few months ago
    I believe the best solution would be to leave AT&T for T-Mobile. A big reason for T-Mobile allowing wifi calling was because of their formerly poor coverage. Supposedly, coverage has gotten better.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-11-17 10:59 AM
    I believe the best solution would be to leave AT&T for T-Mobile. A big reason for T-Mobile allowing wifi calling was because of their formerly poor coverage. Supposedly, coverage has gotten better.
    I've contemplated that decision and would make it in a heartbeat if the IMS issues were fixed for the BBB100-7. I'm hopeful still because a t mobile rep told another member here that they will provision any phone... until that day!

Sent from my BBB100-7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-11-17 11:20 AM
    if the IMS issues were fixed for the BBB100-7.

Sent from my BBB100-7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Basic plain English for us dummies please?
    10-11-17 11:36 AM
    Basic plain English for us dummies please?
    Those using the BBB100-7 on a US carrier cannot enable VoLTE, wifi calling, etc. I've even heard of such device users having problems with MMS services.
    10-11-17 01:17 PM
31 12