The media one that ate up 4%
    Anyone had this?

Note that I recently put in a Sandisk SDXC 64 gb card and it has this message popping up quite a few times a day, sometimes a few per hour

Should I reformat the SD card? I feel like Android system keeps checking it non stop and it's draining power
    10-26-17 08:47 AM
    I'd suggest a reformat and see if that fixes any issues. Be sure to backup any data you have on the SD card first though.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-26-17 09:48 AM
    Done! Reformatted the SD and the "Media stat hasn't used a single more mAh! And no more preparing SD card notifs.

TLDR; Always format a new SD card when popping it into. Your device
    FF22 likes this.
    10-26-17 03:43 PM
    I'd be wary of that card. You shouldn't need to format it before inserting. Keep that backed up.
    10-26-17 05:23 PM
    Actually, I had a similar (but far more severe) issue on my Priv. Turned out I had corrupted MP3's on my microSD card that the media app kept trying to scan. If you had music on there before formatting, keep an eye on it when you put the music back on.
    10-26-17 07:27 PM
    Hardly long enough to warrant a TL;DR
    10-26-17 07:31 PM
    Turns out I spoke too soon. After reformatting the card, all is good for 24 hours but after the messages keep on appearing again. I don't think it's the K1's fault as I had absolutely zero issues with my previous 32gb SDHC card.

Either my 64gb card is defective, or there is/are corrupted files in there...but how to find them??

I basically:

-Copied all files from the 32gb to an external drive using my mac
    -Reformatted the 64gb
    -Copied all files from external drive to the 64gb through the phone while in USB debugging MTP mode using Android File Transfer (Since basically the now reformatted SD card wouldn't be read by the mac itself)

Now that I think about it, I'm not quite sure I used the K1 MTP to firsthand transfer the files from 32gb to hard drive, but rather plugged the card into the mac. Could that have corrupted the files maybe?
    10-30-17 09:46 AM
    Turns out I spoke too soon. After reformatting the card, all is good for 24 hours but after the messages keep on appearing again. I don't think it's the K1's fault as I had absolutely zero issues with my previous 32gb SDHC card.

Either my 64gb card is defective, or there is/are corrupted files in there...but how to find them??

I basically:

-Copied all files from the 32gb to an external drive using my mac
    -Reformatted the 64gb
    -Copied all files from external drive to the 64gb through the phone while in USB debugging MTP mode using Android File Transfer (Since basically the now reformatted SD card wouldn't be read by the mac itself)

Now that I think about it, I'm not quite sure I used the K1 MTP to firsthand transfer the files from 32gb to hard drive, but rather plugged the card into the mac. Could that have corrupted the files maybe?
    I also first used a 64GB SDXC SanDisk card and got constant errors that it had become ejected, but I could still use it fine. So I switched to an older 32GB SanDisk SDHC card and have not had one error since. For some reason the KeyOne doesn't like the SanDisk SDXC cards??
    10-30-17 11:28 AM
    I also first used a 64GB SDXC SanDisk card and got constant errors that it had become ejected, but I could still use it fine. So I switched to an older 32GB SanDisk SDHC card and have not had one error since. For some reason the KeyOne doesn't like the SanDisk SDXC cards??
    Well that would effectively suck as it would mean that it's not expandable beyond 32GB??

If that's true, here's some quick math:

Silver KEYone
    32gb (-10gb for OS) = 22gb internal + 32 SDHC = 54gb max

Black KEYone
    64gb (-10gb for OS) = 54gb internal + 32 SDHC = 86gb max

So basically, if one doesn't want constant errors and SD ejecting, the max storage this phone has is 86 usable gigs

Side note: Android nougat hogs 10gb storage, and that is just insane.
    10-30-17 11:34 AM
    Well that would effectively suck as it would mean that it's not expandable beyond 32GB??

If that's true, here's some quick math:

Silver KEYone
    32gb (-10gb for OS) = 22gb internal + 32 SDHC = 54gb max

Black KEYone
    64gb (-10gb for OS) = 54gb internal + 32 SDHC = 86gb max

So basically, if one doesn't want constant errors and SD ejecting, the max storage this phone has is 86 usable gigs

Side note: Android nougat hogs 10gb storage, and that is just insane.
    Well, as I mentioned, even when it gives an error it is still completely usable, writing and reading. It is some mistaken error that the card is generates in the phone? There are tons of threads on it. Also others have used 64GB Samsung and other brand cards and have gotten no errors. It appears to be specific to SanDisk
    10-30-17 11:37 AM
    Well, as I mentioned, even when it gives an error it is still completely usable, writing and reading. It is some mistaken error that the card is generates in the phone? There are tons of threads on it. Also others have used 64GB Samsung and other brand cards and have gotten no errors. It appears to be specific to SanDisk
    If I hadn't thrown out the packaging thinking SanDisk is super reliable, I would immediately return it to Amazon and get a Samsung. The reviews were promising...
    Oh well
    10-30-17 11:41 AM
    If I hadn't thrown out the packaging thinking SanDisk is super reliable, I would immediately return it to Amazon and get a Samsung. The reviews were promising...
    Oh well
    SanDisk are good cards, I think it is just something not interfacing well with KeyOne. I've used SanDisk in my professional cameras for 20 years, not one write or read error, ever
    10-30-17 12:00 PM
    SanDisk are good cards, I think it is just something not interfacing well with KeyOne. I've used SanDisk in my professional cameras for 20 years, not one write or read error, ever
    Well me neither with the 32gb one, it's flawless. I guess it might be a KEYone issue. I wonder if anyone else experienced this with the Black K1? Just so I know if I can expect 128gb total or 96gb lol
    10-30-17 12:02 PM
    Well me neither with the 32gb one, it's flawless. I guess it might be a KEYone issue. I wonder if anyone else experienced this with the Black K1? Just so I know if I can expect 128gb total or 96gb lol
    just switch to a samsung card, and forgo the aggravation
    10-30-17 12:03 PM
    just switch to a samsung card, and forgo the aggravation
    Is it for sure the brand, or could it be because the card is a class 10?
    10-30-17 12:23 PM
    Is it for sure the brand, or could it be because the card is a class 10?
    I don't have the answer. But just search the forum posts for SD card error, there really are a lot of threads, as a lot of people had this error. Maybe they've discovered some answer
    10-30-17 12:25 PM