I for one would love to see a model the same size as the Bold 9900 series only running Android. I would even use the same reliable chassis and keyboard and just update the electronics. I have always felt the bold had the forum factor of any Blackberry device.
    But you understand that Android requires a minimum 4:3 aspect ratio - height to width?

You now have a screen 1.7" high by 1.3" wide. Love the side bezels too!
    Last edited by conite; 10-12-17 at 06:18 PM.
    10-12-17 06:02 PM
    holding it now and it's fine. I stopped buying BB phones when the screens became too small. a. bit wider would be better than taller for keyboard ease of typing.
    10-12-17 06:15 PM
    But you understand that Android requires a minimum 4:3 aspect ratio - height to width?
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6531089049.jpg

You now have a screen 1.7" high by 1.3" wide. Love the side bezels too!
    Valid point, I still love the forum factor of the bold.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    10-12-17 07:04 PM
    I disagree. I think the size is perfect especially how larger devices are trending today. The KEYone is already small compared to other popular devices.
    Agree. This device makes me able to watch YouTube or streaming services such as Sunday NFL Ticket and not feel like I'm watching on a tiny screen.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    10-12-17 07:26 PM
    holding it now and it's fine. I stopped buying BB phones when the screens became too small. a. bit wider would be better than taller for keyboard ease of typing.
    BB phones never became smaller, in fact, they kept getting bigger. The only thing that changed and made you THINK they were small were other Android phones that kept getting bigger and bigger. Personally, I feel like I'm not missing anything with smaller screens. Yeah, when I looked at an iPhone plus coming from my 9900, I was blown away by the size and real estate, but when you get down to it, nothing is being missed because of it. It's the same information just displayed on a compact size. Most of the time I will still do less scrolling/reaching and have better ergonomics with a smaller phone displaying less.

Come to think of it, I think it's a bit like the SAV, Compact SUV segment of cars. In the US, we had many more 4WD wagons at one point and still have a good amount of hatchbacks (Europe/Asia have some really nice compact wagons with tons of utility). Then SUVs became the big thing here and people started flocking to them and the 4WD wagons fell away (don't tell me the Outback is a wagon. It's not. Give me a Levorg anyday). The problem is, the wagons were not bad at all, in fact, they were better. The only thing that changed was people's perceptions THINKing they were getting something bigger and better.

In MANY cases, wagons and SOME hatchbacks have the SAME amount of cargo space or are in fact the same car on taller springs. The difference is, the wagon/hatchback variants are usually more fuel efficient and have better driving dynamics. The perceived difference of size is what makes people think it's better and bigger. Sure, the higher ride height allows for a bit more off road driving, but let's be honest, I'd say about 20% of people with SUVs take them off-road where the ride height actually makes a difference. People actually LOSE a similarly practical, better performing, and more efficient car to have a perceived bigger/safer car. The worst part is, the market keeps pushing these ugly hunks of **** because everyone thinks they're better when, in more ways, are actually worse. Now in the US we have lost an incredibly great segment of small wagons/large hatchbacks because of this perception.

In the same way, because of the perception of bigger and better phones, we have lost a great segment of smaller compact phones. (Let us not forget we are also losing manual transmission'd and diesel cars too, the keyboard/removable battery of cars)

**Note, I realize this analogy falls flat on the point of efficiency as bigger phones allow for a longer lasting, larger battery. That's not exactly the point I was trying to make with efficiency. I'm talking about efficient, close navigation and pocketability.
    Last edited by ominaxe; 10-16-17 at 05:43 AM.
    10-12-17 07:45 PM

Give me this any day and take my money
    $$$
    10-12-17 08:17 PM
    I hope they make something similar in size to the BB 9900. I'm done with these big devices. They should also consider making a new compact Pearl too.
    Mrs Teapot and VaRuLV like this.
    10-12-17 08:45 PM
    I hope they make something similar in size to the BB 9900. I'm done with these big devices. They should also consider making a new compact Pearl too.
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/does-anyone-else-agree-blackberry-needs-make-more-compact-keyone-1128117/index2.html#post13043960
    10-12-17 09:13 PM
    All that aside, I definitely think a much smaller all-touch device would be sensible in a Classic-sized body. Beyond the iPhone SE and Sony's Xperia XZ1 Compact, there is little on the market in terms of a sound compact phone.
    I just don't understand why Sony is the only company left making high end compact phones... There is definitely a market for compact phones. Not everyone likes the giant slabs (me included). Many people I know hold on to old iPhones etc. for that very reason. I think making a classy looking mid to high end compact phone with the BlackBerry logo would be a smart move for TCL if they want to stand out and maybe attract a new customer base.
    10-12-17 10:18 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0f77cdc982.jpg

Give me this any day and take my money
    $$$
    What is this
    10-12-17 10:39 PM
    I just don't understand why Sony is the only company left making high end compact phones... There is definitely a market for compact phones. Not everyone likes the giant slabs (me included). Many people I know hold on to old iPhones etc. for that very reason. I think making a classy looking mid to high end compact phone with the BlackBerry logo would be a smart move for TCL if they want to stand out and maybe attract a new customer base.
    Not only Sony, Apple also makes compact phones. They apparently sell tons of them too.
    Turtle04 likes this.
    10-12-17 10:46 PM
    Not only Sony, Apple also makes compact phones. They apparently sell tons of them too.
    Wasn't the last compact iPhone Apple made the SE?

EDIT: Sorry, you were of course right. The iPhone 8 is almost as compact as the Sony. I never bothered to check its specs until now, lol. I just assumed they all came with 5"+ screens now...
    Last edited by Barbareren; 10-12-17 at 11:10 PM.
    10-12-17 10:49 PM
    If the android buttons go on to the screen and the keyboard shifts upwards the problem is solved.
    10-13-17 01:22 AM
    Wasn't the last compact iPhone Apple made the SE?

EDIT: Sorry, you were of course right. The iPhone 8 is almost as compact as the Sony. I never bothered to check its specs until now, lol. I just assumed they all came with 5"+ screens now...
    They also still sell the SE... and I wouldn’t be surprised if they refresh it

The X will also be “compact” since it won’t have bezels
    10-13-17 06:03 AM
    keyones size is just perfect to me. its not small and its not big.
    10-13-17 06:10 AM
    There aren't words to express how badly I would like a modernized 9930 (though a tool-belted keyone would be awesome too). The hands all over the screen and important buttons in unintuitive places is driving me outta my mind. The keyone with a trackpad and replaceable battery would be a workhorse...
    ominaxe likes this.
    10-13-17 06:22 AM
    The iPhone 7 and 8 are quite small. Perfect size for me.
    10-13-17 07:44 AM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions and needs, and I can see the use for a smaller phone, but it will not do well in today's market unless it's just something different or with a specific use such as wrapping around your wrist or something.

I for one feel the KeyOne is perfect as if the screen were any smaller, it wouldn't be very attractive or even useful for media, and the physical keyboard is as small as anyone would want it at this point.
    Last edited by willyq711; 10-13-17 at 08:15 AM.
    10-13-17 07:57 AM
    I agree with you. I do not play games on the phone. What needed for me is the smaller and grip-easy one. I like square screen.
    Last edited by ume_kun; 10-13-17 at 08:15 AM.
    10-13-17 08:04 AM
    There is actually a good market for smaller phones. in 2016, the iphone SE made out 5% of all smartphone sales (any phone manufacturer would drool over that number).
    The new iphone X is the size of the iphone 8, so it’s compact. but i think a PKB compact phone would be a mistake. especially with a track pad and tool belt. The screen would be like 2.5 inches when media consumption is so important nowadays
    10-13-17 09:05 AM
    There is actually a good market for smaller phones. in 2016, the iphone SE made out 5% of all smartphone sales (any phone manufacturer would drool over that number).
    The new iphone X is the size of the iphone 8, so it’s compact. but i think a PKB compact phone would be a mistake. especially with a track pad and tool belt. The screen would be like 2.5 inches when media consumption is so important nowadays
    Did it sell well because it was compact or just cheaper and still an iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    VaRuLV likes this.
    10-13-17 09:53 AM
    Did it sell well because it was compact or just cheaper and still an iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    Probably both... but surprisingly it sold super well in the European market. Maybe because telecoms don’t subsidize phones there or maybe because they have smaller hands... who knows.

We’ll see with the super expensive iPhone X if compact is back
    10-13-17 10:12 AM
    Probably both... but surprisingly it sold super well in the European market. Maybe because telecoms don’t subsidize phones there or maybe because they have smaller hands... who knows.

We’ll see with the super expensive iPhone X if compact is back
    With the X, that could just be a price thing again.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 10:37 AM
    The keyboard should stay the same. Could be a bit shorter but not a problem for me.
    10-20-17 02:52 PM
    The KEYone is the most reasonable design for a full-time qwerty hardware keyboard. Making it smaller would guarantee nobody buys it.
    smevaristo likes this.
    10-20-17 02:57 PM
79 1234