I feel this is blackberrys final transition into android so the passport and classic guys can ditch their devices.

Believe it or not bb10 will eventually die out and I feel this is the final step forward as I see plenty passport guys asking about the priv etc because no matter how loyal you are to an OS , once it starts affecting your productivity - it's time to move on.

Target market is of course all bb10 and blackberry faithful. Can't see this winning over any samsung and apple fans because they got dual cameras and advanced AL and all over kill features like creating jifs that people won't even use!
    11-29-16 02:21 PM
    When I asked about pkb phones in carriers shops and carphone warehouse in the UK at the beginning of the month I was pushed towards the slab 'as the virtual keyboards are really good now esp on the bigger screen phones'. With no alternative to sell, with no support, no marketing etc etc the carriers will sell a slab and people go with it. Given this do the us pkb aficionados use social media etc to raise awareness where we can, else the Merc could be the last of its kind by any manufacturer......
    11-29-16 04:01 PM
    Phone market is flat... BlackBerry is simply the first to jump ship
    11-30-16 02:30 AM
    (Samsung makes a couple, and I believe LG makes one),
    Makes, or made?

Samsung AFAIK hasn't made a PKB phone since the Galaxy S Relay (and a few lookalikes for other markets) in 2012/2013.
    11-30-16 05:59 AM
    Another part of the problem for BlackBerry is much of the Enterprise and Business market here in the US has already abandoned BlackBerry and moved into iPhones or other remote alternatives to access e-mail on personal devices like GOOD app. So the release of Mercury I feel won't be picked up by that market at all, which previously had been a huge part of Blackberry's Success. What makes it even more grim would be if the US carriers don't pick it up.
    11-30-16 09:45 AM
    There are hardly any PKB users in the enterprise market anymore. Think about it, hardly anyone uses a PKB device as their first choice. If they have a BlackBerry for work they're probably using a VKB for personal use. If they can use VKB, what incentives do their companies have to provide them with a PKB phone? They got them the BlackBerry bc of the security not the PKB.

Posted via CB10
    jng0705 likes this.
    11-30-16 10:49 AM
    What is the size of whole market for Android, and the make a percent swag against screen size, power users, entry level, and yes PKB.

My swag on PKB in an Android environment is 5%, or 50MM Per Annum.

Posted via CB10

Come on... really? 50 million?
    12-03-16 04:05 AM
    Anyone who needs to write an email / message / post without typos; social pressure is high for many people, so they need to feel they fit in with the latest iPhone.
    jng0705 likes this.
    12-03-16 09:10 AM
    About 100% of the Android pkb market. I think I can safely say that's what they're aiming for.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 01:56 PM
    Make the market by selling it well. Have sales people. Open stores. Train sales people in retail stores to sell the device. Promote it from the ground up. Give incentives to retail sales people. Push the product.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 03:33 PM
    Make the market by selling it well. Have sales people. Open stores. Train sales people in retail stores to sell the device. Promote it from the ground up. Give incentives to retail sales people. Push the product.

Posted via CB10
    None of that is going to happen on a shoestring budget. BlackBerry has essentially already moved on from devices.
    12-05-16 04:10 PM
    None of that is going to happen on a shoestring budget. BlackBerry has essentially already moved on from devices.
    Why offer a new PKB device if the sales channels will be limited. How can this be profitable? Only die hards will buy the last device being offered by any manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 10:56 PM
    Why offer a new PKB device if the sales channels will be limited. How can this be profitable? Only die hards will buy the last device being offered by any manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    My thinking is that this is some type of "proof of concept" for potential licencees.
    BB-JAM215 and cgk like this.
    12-05-16 11:23 PM
38 12