Has anyone else removed this app? It just feels like an annoyance on the Keyone w/ Oreo.

My Keyone has also been hanging up a lot.
    12-06-18 11:09 AM
    I disable mine because I never need it anyway.
    12-06-18 11:16 AM
    Not using it.
    12-06-18 11:19 AM
    Has anyone else removed this app? It just feels like an annoyance on the Keyone w/ Oreo.

My Keyone has also been hanging up a lot.
    I disable mine because I never need it anyway.
    Not using it.
    I use it almost exclusively to have location services and notifications stop for apps that I am not using in the foreground.

Apps like Yelp, or TripAdvisor are handy, but I don't need them bugging me or using resources when I'm not using them. I have almost every store and hotel app on this list too.
    Makaveli@Beta and skinnymike1 like this.
    12-06-18 11:57 AM
    Useless to me, disabled it long ago
    12-06-18 12:01 PM
    Disable mine long ago, never really saw the purpose for it
    12-06-18 01:02 PM
    Are you reading @BlackBerry Mobile ?

Put your resources in fixing Hub, Productivity Tab etc.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-06-18 01:08 PM
    Are you reading @BlackBerry Mobile ?

Put your resources in fixing Hub, Productivity Tab etc.
    Probably the feature used even less, is the Productivity Tab. I've never had it enabled.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-06-18 01:16 PM
    Probably the feature used even less, is the Productivity Tab.
    You might right...fine, Hub. Fix it already @BlackBerry Mobile

We are tired of 2015 bugs....can we please delete messages with piece of mind without jumping through hoops?
    12-06-18 01:19 PM

We are tired of 2015 bugs....can we please delete messages with piece of mind without jumping through hoops?
    It's Blackberry that makes the suite.
    12-06-18 01:20 PM

BlackBerry Ltd. handles the software. They are too busy not growing their company to care.
    RK_BB and skinnymike1 like this.
    12-06-18 01:25 PM
    It's Blackberry that makes the suite.
    I know but BlackBerry Mobile is their customer (in a way) and we consumers basically have no direct contact (or should not have...) with BlackBerry.

Maybe BlackBerry Mobile can look at it from a reseller point of view. The product they are reselling (not the device but the software) require some bug fixing so maybe they can work with their vendor to get it fixed.

Hey, nobody can say I didn't try here but obviously I failed even after I had proven my case which took me some hours of analyzing and writings only to be told this is not a priority....not sure how and why given some of these bugs hang out since the PRIV days in 2015.
    12-06-18 01:29 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd. handles the software. They are too busy not growing their company to care.
    James Hetfield said "Sad but True" ...
    12-06-18 01:30 PM
    They are too busy not growing their company to care.
    You mean apart from software and services growth of between 8% and 10% year-over-year, with 81% of that recurring?
    12-06-18 01:38 PM
    You mean apart from software and services growth of between 8% and 10% year-over-year, with 81% of that recurring?
    I will help you @Platinum_2

"BlackBerry Ltd. handles the software. They are too busy not growing their company to care about their BlackBerry Suite of Apps"
    12-06-18 01:43 PM
    I will help you @Platinum_2

"BlackBerry Ltd. handles the software. They are too busy not growing their company to care about their BlackBerry Suite of Apps"
    It's the "not growing their company" that lost me.
    12-06-18 01:46 PM
    They are super busy, just not as much as we would have liked them to be with our little smartphone world
    12-06-18 01:49 PM
    Oh please. Go buy their shares then if there is so much growth to be had. The truth is BlackBerry Ltd. squandered their market cap to merely nothing and has done little to change that. Their share price has been slaughtered for years trading at 5% of its all time high. They've laid off thousands of employees and liquidated substantial real estate holdings just to keep the lights on.

Now, BlackBerry is basically a penny stock and investors realize this and have dumped their holdings further worsening things. When BlackBerry was for sale, nobody wanted it (in whole, most only wanted various bits and pieces) because analyst at that time knew it would be difficult deliver any shareholder value. Clearly, they were correct.

It doesn't matter that they have a couple billion in cash and low debt. They don't have enough products and services with enough margin and consumer/business/industrial demand to drive future growth. At times, I'm not even sure if this is the issue so much as it is incompetent management from R&D all the way to marketing.

Heck, they aren't even included in most mutual funds because even mutual fund managers see no reason to add the risk to the fund when the likelihood of growth and shareholder value is next to null.

But, you can let BlackBerry's quarterly calls persuade you into believing otherwise, but it's really just all semantics. The bar for growth is so low at this point it's almost impossible to not show some progress from time to time. Even so, most analysts have a negative (sell) position on the stock. So much for growth prospects....

I like BlackBerry products just as much as the next guy, but don't even begin to suggest to me this company with a market cap comparable to D_ick's Sporting Goods is growing in any meaningful way.

Chen is charged with growing the share price to $30 in 5 years. Considering the share price has pretty much remained between, say $5.50 and $15 since his tenure he has his work cut out for him.

But....I digress...we can put this to bed now. Back on topic now.
    Last edited by Platinum_2; 12-06-18 at 03:42 PM.
    12-06-18 03:14 PM
    WoW, all you ever wanted to know about BlackBerry shares..........
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-18 03:25 PM
    Oh please. Go buy their shares then if there is so much growth to be had. The truth is BlackBerry Ltd. squandered their market cap to merely nothing and has done little to change that. Their share price has been slaughtered for years trading at 5% of its all time high. They've laid off thousands of employees and liquidated substantial real estate holdings just to keep the lights on.

Now, BlackBerry is basically a penny stock and investors realize this and have dumped their holdings further worsening things. When BlackBerry was for sale, nobody wanted it (in whole, most only wanted various bits and pieces) because analyst at that time knew it would be difficult deliver any shareholder value. Clearly, they were correct.

It doesn't matter that they have a couple billion in cash and low debt. They don't have enough products and services with enough margin and consumer/business/industrial demand to drive future growth. At times, I'm not even sure if this is the issue so much as it is incompetent management from R&D all the way to marketing.

Heck, they aren't even included in most mutual funds because even mutual fund managers see no reason to add the risk to the fund when the likelihood of growth and shareholder value is next to null.

But, you can let BlackBerry's quarterly calls persuade you into believing otherwise, but it's really just all semantics. The bar for growth is so low at this point it's almost impossible to not show some progress from time to time. Even so, most analysts have a negative (sell) position on the stock. So much for growth prospects....

I like BlackBerry products just as much as the next guy, but don't even begin to suggest to me this company with a market cap comparable to D_ick's Sporting Goods is growing in any meaningful way.

Chen is charged with growing the share price to $30 in 5 years. Considering the share price has pretty much remained between, say $5.50 and $15 since his tenure he has his work cut out for him.

But....I digress...we can put this to bed now. Back on topic now.
    The only alternative was bankruptcy.

They are now a completely new, small, company that is growing proportionately to its current size.
    Last edited by conite; 12-06-18 at 04:04 PM.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-06-18 03:51 PM
    Ahhh, yes...the future is now bright indeed. I'll go tell Warren Buffet so he doesn't miss out.
    12-06-18 03:52 PM
    @Platinum_2 @conite @stevec66

And all I ever wanted was to fix Hub
    conite and FF22 like this.
    12-06-18 04:00 PM
    haha! I'm sure Hub will likely get addressed in future updates. They just updated the whole suite recently, so maybe next time around?
    12-06-18 04:04 PM
    haha! I'm sure Hub will likely get addressed in future updates. They just updated the whole suite recently, so maybe next time around?
    Well over the last 2 months there has been 3 surveys issued by BlackBerry Ltd to it's beta App testers regarding the priority Hub, Launcher and Accounts in the hub.

So yes they are looking and listening.
    12-06-18 04:24 PM
    Well, I am alluding to issues that linger around from 2015 so I doubt it but hey, if next time around they fix 'em then fine. I waited 4 years wondering what these deleted emails are still doing in my inbox so what's another month....?
    12-06-18 04:26 PM
43 12