So I was wondering could it be possible that we isolate in such a way that we might be able to pinpoint the batch, the retailer who sold, the date of production, country all these screen lifting issues are? Maybe if we can share a bit of data on where (country and retailer) when we bought the device, model number, when is the date of production? Etc etc

Let me start by saying I got this from Selfridges UK, BBB-2, it says on the Kernel april 20, 2017 not sure if thats the production date.

So feel free to comment and maybe we can derive something out of this?
    06-17-17 01:35 AM
    FYI the production date is written on the box.
    06-17-17 01:57 AM
    FYI the production date is written on the box.
    That's generally a *packaging* date, not the date the hardware was actually assembled or flashed.

IMO, the total number of phones released to date, worldwide, is well under 20,000, and that's well under the number that's typical of a production run, so it's very unlikely that there are any changes to any of the phones that have been released for sale to date. It's not like they make them 100 at a time, and they certainly don't do separate batches for each retailer.
    JeBe4 likes this.
    06-17-17 02:06 AM
    That's generally a *packaging* date, not the date the hardware was actually assembled or flashed.

IMO, the total number of phones released to date, worldwide, is well under 20,000, and that's well under the number that's typical of a production run, so it's very unlikely that there are any changes to any of the phones that have been released for sale to date. It's not like they make them 100 at a time, and they certainly don't do separate batches for each retailer.
    Sure, but they can adjust production process and materials from time to time.
    06-17-17 02:09 AM
    Would qwerty vs qwertz require different runs?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 05:44 AM