I always used them in the past but not on the K1. Screen is still flawless.
    04-15-18 07:07 AM
    I have never used a screen protector since cell phones have had screens and only had one cracked screen - it was only cosmetic and still functioned!
    Yeah people buy cases and screen protectors out of fear of something that rarely if ever happens..if you are just careful your phone should be fine
    04-15-18 07:14 AM
    I say use a protector until the phone paid itself off after 2 years or so, then start taking risks by rocking it naked
    04-15-18 08:35 AM
    I rather used tempered glass not screen protector....
    04-15-18 08:48 AM
    Agreed as I had the exact same issue with a glass screen protector. So I took it off and have had zero issues since.
    04-15-18 02:42 PM
    thin polymer high optical transparent screen protector is a must for me. Glass add too much capacitance to the screen. IMHO. some times the bad screen protector cause glare (the screen itself got anti glare, anti scratch and anti reflection characteristic in the design... additional piece of glass just mess things up).
    04-15-18 04:21 PM
    I've got a matte ghost armor screen protector on mine. I actually like them more than the tempered glass protectors.
    04-15-18 04:41 PM
    Just wondering how many people are using a screen protector? Seems like the glass on the screen is pretty sturdy isn't it gorilla glass?
    It will scratch.
    04-15-18 08:36 PM
    They do make the phones a little thicker but not that much. They are the thinnest I have found so far.
    04-16-18 01:59 AM
    I use this one. Tempered glass. Have dropped my phone once since installing it, tiny chip in the corner and screen is completely ok. Capacitive keys work perfectly.
    Attached Thumbnails Do you really need a screen protector?-61mqo-9sykl._sx425_.jpg  
    04-16-18 04:07 PM
    I use this one. Tempered glass. Have dropped my phone once since installing it, tiny chip in the corner and screen is completely ok. Capacitive keys work perfectly.
    I wonder if there isn't just 2 different kinds of K1 glass protectors. The regular clear type which has issues with contours adhering to the screen, and the black outlined one which some report that it reduces capacitive key sensitivity. The box they come in may show a different brand name, but I bet it's the same exact product.
    04-16-18 04:14 PM
    Lots of tiny scratches on my KEYone, but they are only noticeable in direct light with the screen off. Nothing you can see during usage. It's just too pretty with no case or screen protector. Lol
    anon(10443945) likes this.
    04-16-18 06:48 PM
    I have a skinomi one. I didn't have one originally, and then I dropped my black KEYone while it was in the dual layer case, and the bottom right corner of the screen broke.
    04-16-18 07:03 PM
    I have a skinomi one. I didn't have one originally, and then I dropped my black KEYone while it was in the dual layer case, and the bottom right corner of the screen broke.
    So the bulkiest case ever for the K1 couldn't protect it from a drop?
    04-17-18 12:54 AM
    Exactly. I originally bought the dual layer case because I liked the look of it and figured the added bulk would protect my KEYone (as I bought it on ebay with no insurance!), but it dropped on the grown and the dual layers didn't help much. Totally cracked screen on the lower right (to the right of the square button), and an area to the right of the proximity sensor is scraped too.

The phone doesn't sit deep enough in the case, so I'm assuming the front of the phone made contact with the ground
    04-17-18 06:40 PM
    Exactly. I originally bought the dual layer case because I liked the look of it and figured the added bulk would protect my KEYone (as I bought it on ebay with no insurance!), but it dropped on the grown and the dual layers didn't help much. Totally cracked screen on the lower right (to the right of the square button), and an area to the right of the proximity sensor is scraped too.

The phone doesn't sit deep enough in the case, so I'm assuming the front of the phone made contact with the ground
    The case doesn't protect against drops to the screen. It's not a screen protector. It did its job by protecting the frame of the phone.
    04-17-18 07:58 PM
    It did..the frame was not damaged. The screen needs a screen protector
    04-17-18 07:59 PM
    It did..the frame was not damaged. The screen needs a screen protector
    If the case protrudes enough in the front, which the dual layer one should since it's so bulky, then it should also protect the screen.
    04-18-18 12:41 AM
    The case doesn't protect against drops to the screen. It's not a screen protector. It did its job by protecting the frame of the phone.
    El oh el. I've bought a lot of phone cases over the years and can't think of any manufacturer, from Seidio, to Incipio, Nomad, Apple and BlackBerry, that says its product is to protect the frame of the phone.

It's not like the phone was run over by a car. It dropped from maybe 3ft onto concrete.

The frame of the device, like I mentioned, *was* damaged where the body of the phone made contact with the ground. The black aluminum or whatever it is, is scraped on the face of the phone.

If a case was only to protect the frame of the phone, a lot more people would be using bumper cases.

I don't think it's too much to ask for for an OEM case with a plastic outside and a separate rubber inner case to protect the phone from relatively mild drops.
    04-18-18 02:21 AM
    If the case protrudes enough in the front, which the dual layer one should since it's so bulky, then it should also protect the screen.
    Right? When face down, the KEYone's keys fully touch the surface even with the dual layer case on.

If this were some cheap amazon/ebay case, I wouldn't be too surprised. But it's OEM, two layers, not inexpensive, and still didn't stop much damage.
    04-18-18 02:25 AM
    Right? When face down, the KEYone's keys fully touch the surface even with the dual layer case on.

If this were some cheap amazon/ebay case, I wouldn't be too surprised. But it's OEM, two layers, not inexpensive, and still didn't stop much damage.
    If there is ANY case for the KEYone that has a proper bottom lip (as wells as top of course) so that when slamming it face down, only the case itself touches the surface, then I want it now.
    04-18-18 02:52 AM
    Why would you use a phone without a screen protector?
    anon(10443945) likes this.
    04-18-18 06:26 AM
    Why would you use a phone without a screen protector?
    Exactly ..don't whine because you don't have a screen protector.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    04-18-18 08:44 AM
    El oh el. I've bought a lot of phone cases over the years and can't think of any manufacturer, from Seidio, to Incipio, Nomad, Apple and BlackBerry, that says its product is to protect the frame of the phone.

It's not like the phone was run over by a car. It dropped from maybe 3ft onto concrete.

The frame of the device, like I mentioned, *was* damaged where the body of the phone made contact with the ground. The black aluminum or whatever it is, is scraped on the face of the phone.

If a case was only to protect the frame of the phone, a lot more people would be using bumper cases.

I don't think it's too much to ask for for an OEM case with a plastic outside and a separate rubber inner case to protect the phone from relatively mild drops.
    K if the frame was damaged too than that's brutal ..I had that case too but it was too bulky for me so I sold it. It should be able to protect the phone from drops to the frame that's surprising
    04-18-18 09:08 AM
    depends how rough you are on your phone. mine has dropped a few times and no scratches on my screen.
    04-18-18 09:10 AM
61 123