I have had the Priv now for about a year and a half. I like the phone but have found the lag and the over heating issues to be so frustrating. I have been eyeing the KeyOne - especially hearing of the excellent keyboard (I use the pkb almost exclusively) and the battery life. But I have really enjoyed the screen size of the Priv. I have looked at some comparison photos and I am concerned that the smaller screen size of the KeyOne in comparison, is going to be a let down.

Do you have those thoughts now after having the KeyOne or have you found all the other benefits have totally swayed you to the fact that you made a great choice moving to KeyOne?
    09-13-17 11:15 PM
    Had the same concerns, but after one week with the AT&T K1, have found that it is a much better device. Yes, screen is slightly smaller, but everything just works better and the battery life is so much better. Usually plug in at night with about 30% after a full day of using the device. Go for it...you will wonder why you waited!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-17 11:32 PM
    I use the Priv and the two ladies in my life each use the KEYone. I don't find the screen to be too bad. It is still a decent size. The Priv screen colours seem more vibrant to me though.
    09-13-17 11:33 PM
    I have used the Priv since the day it got released and switched to the KeyOne once it was available. I had also tried a Galaxy Note 7 in between. Personally I absolutely don't mind the screensize of the K1. For daily tasks it is more than enough, be it browsing, documents or using the calendar. Of course it kind of starts getting worse when it comes to videos. The casual Youtube video is fine, however watching whole movies or some episodes from a decent series on your K1 is IMHO rather disappointing. Having said that though: I also did even find the rather big screen of the Note 7 to be disappointing when it comes to this regard.
    09-13-17 11:38 PM
    I have had the Priv now for about a year and a half. I like the phone but have found the lag and the over heating issues to be so frustrating. I have been eyeing the KeyOne - especially hearing of the excellent keyboard (I use the pkb almost exclusively) and the battery life. But I have really enjoyed the screen size of the Priv. I have looked at some comparison photos and I am concerned that the smaller screen size of the KeyOne in comparison, is going to be a let down.

Do you have those thoughts now after having the KeyOne or have you found all the other benefits have totally swayed you to the fact that you made a great choice moving to KeyOne?
    The display on the PRIV is better. Mostly because it's amoled. However, I've become used to the KEYone and thus, satisfied.
    09-13-17 11:50 PM
    The KEYone with Rogers is not the best phone for calls. I'm often worried that I'm missing calls due to reception issues. Not sure who to blame, Rogers new LTE network or KEYone.
    09-13-17 11:57 PM
    The KEYone with Rogers is not the best phone for calls. I'm often worried that I'm missing calls due to reception issues. Not sure who to blame, Rogers new LTE network or KEYone.
    Blame the keyone design, I never had these issues on any previous BlackBerry - dtek60 or Priv
    09-14-17 12:01 AM
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! It is very helpful!
    09-14-17 05:46 AM
    I used the priv for a short time but found it clumsy.
    most recently I was using the Classic with a Note 5 as backup for work required apps and easy browsing.

I've sold both as I have found the Keyone to be excellent.

I use it on T-Mobile and have the same signal as my T-Mobile Note 5 and better than my T-Mobile classic.

Call quality is excellent and the battery makes me smile when I have 30% left at 11pm after pulling it off the charger at 7am and a very full day of use.

The screen size is great and browsing or YouTube is beautiful.

I'm glad to be moving forward with my Keyone.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-17 05:59 AM
    The PRIV screen is so vibrant and beautiful there's no denying that. The screen size would've also made Nougat multitasking a better experience on Priv but we all know how that went. You win some and you lose some I guess that's really true.
    09-14-17 06:29 AM
    I can extend my contract on T Mobile with a KEYone. Have been using the PRIV for almost a year now. Overall I am satisfied with PRIV, but I must say I also can get extremely frustrated when it suddenly starts lagging when I open apps. Also, I think the phone is not as well built as it should be. Glass weave back on Q10 and Z30 was amazing, but on PRIV it just annoys me due to the flexibility. Also the slider is constantly making the screen 'loose' making the vibration extremely loud and typing on the VKB sounding like a PKB.

Hence, I am very much doubting on whether I should move on to KEYone. Is that worth it after less than a year with the PRIV?
    09-14-17 06:59 AM
    I can extend my contract on T Mobile with a KEYone. Have been using the PRIV for almost a year now. Overall I am satisfied with PRIV, but I must say I also can get extremely frustrated when it suddenly starts lagging when I open apps. Also, I think the phone is not as well built as it should be. Glass weave back on Q10 and Z30 was amazing, but on PRIV it just annoys me due to the flexibility. Also the slider is constantly making the screen 'loose' making the vibration extremely loud and typing on the VKB sounding like a PKB.

Hence, I am very much doubting on whether I should move on to KEYone. Is that worth it after less than a year with the PRIV?
    Personally I never had a single regret after switching from Priv to Keyone. The former is still in use as my unofficial work phone I use for my job, so I still kind of use both side by side. If I could, I would also switch the Priv with another K1 for work too. I am your pretty traditional keyboard user however, so that physical keyboard is one, if not *the* most important feature on a smartphone for my use. The K1 simply delivers, the keyboard is a joy to use plus it is the traditional fixed "always there" keyboard, unlike the Priv's slider. Last but not least the K1 offers a more reliable performance and battery life simply is in another league. The K1 can usually handle two days on a single charge, the Priv can't, maybe one and a half, which means it would need a charge middays. The display on the Priv is better however in terms of quality: You get the deep AMOLED blacks, vibrant colours. The screen brightens up outside and dims very comfortable at night, the K1 is somewhat lacking on both ends a bit IMHO. Yet screensize is not much of an issue for me, however I don't play any mobile games nor I am a mobile Netflix addict.
    09-14-17 08:46 AM