So, honestly. Scale of 1 to 10, how much do you like your phone, or not like it?

I thought I totally wanted a pkb, with a great camera. This phone seems it.
    Hearing the few negative comments is now throwing me off a bit. And, I played with an S8 today.
    I am 99% sure I am going for go for the KEYone, but just wanted to hear more about how much you love your new phone ...or don't.
    Bracken81 likes this.
    05-09-17 02:34 AM
    Honestly, I have been waiting for this phone for years and love it to bits. Latest android, with regular security updates, epic battery life and a great keyboard. Could not ask for more from my side.

Just getting round to programming keyboard shortcuts and it's getting even better and more productive to use.
    05-09-17 02:41 AM
    Exactly how I feel. Don't get these cheap cases though, they spoil it. Mine was only £6 and it does the job, but makes it very ordinary looking .
    05-09-17 03:51 AM
    10, fantastic!
    05-10-17 02:57 PM
    9/10 - love it, a few android niggles aside it's does everything I want and more
    05-10-17 03:18 PM
    I absolutely wanted to love but I just a) wasn't falling back in love with a PKB and b) wasn't falling in love with Android (been an iOS user for a long time, since I owned my last Bold!).

I realised how much I typed using one hand AND how much I typed in bed, both of which I was finding tough to with the PKB.

For people who absolutely must have and love a PKB, they will adore this phone. It is so well made and feels like a real quality product. Unfortunately it wasn't for me so I've exchanged for iPhone again and think that's my last ever PKB probably. :-(
    05-10-17 03:20 PM
    10. I really really love my KEYone and can't believe I'm finally holding it in my hands. It's the Classic I always wanted. Perfect size, awesome build quality. 👍❤
    Chris Townsend3 likes this.
    05-10-17 03:52 PM
    Great build , great keyboard and feels brilliant in your hand
    A mini Passport with all the apps you will ever need .....perfect 👍
    lionhearted likes this.
    05-10-17 04:14 PM
    After my first full day of KeyOne I would give it a 9 out of 10.

The missing point to the full score is mainly because of the features missing in android compared to BB10 (coming from a Passport) which are:
    - shortcuts such as t for top or b for bottom in apps
    - swiping up instead of pressing home
    - bedside mode (I know its now "do not disturb)
    - simple and clean user interface

The only negative issues I found on the KeyOne so far are:
    - very flimsy SIM and SD card tray.
    - the complex android settings structure where you have to go through all hidden and nested setting to disable cloud and privacy options like on the iphone.

But then the new advantages outweigh the missing pieces which are:
    - unlock using fingerprint (no more unintentional unlock attempts as on my passport)
    - battery life (68%) after a full day
    - huge app selection
    - great keyboard like on my old bold 9700
    - great build quality and nice design
    - double tap for camera
    - convenience key
    - great camera
    - power button no more on the top ( no more unintentional power off while sitting)

Overall I have to say this is the phone I wanted to have since I saw the first vienna renders. It looks nice and clean and is definitively an eye catcher within all the iphone biased business users.

Performance wise I could not yet see any issues. I hope BBMobile is taking great care to keep cpu and memory usage as optimized as possible for the future updates. My usage profile is mostly email (including mobile iron mdm and touchdown email client for business and privat email using the bb hub), whatsapp, facebook and a lot of browsing for reasearching interesting topics. I do have quite some apps on it but those are mostly used for very specific purposes like buying a train ticket every now and then.

The wait was well worth it and finally I have my new daily driver for hopefully at least the next 2 years as with my passport, the Z10 and the Bold 9700 were.

And did I already mention the very good keyboard which also works well with clumsy fingers!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-10-17 04:27 PM
    Just got mine about an hour ago.. I am still in the honeymoon phase but so far I'll give it an 8/10...

I'll post more thoughts on it later..
    05-10-17 04:30 PM
    I wish I can rate it but I don't have it with me yet

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 04:36 PM
    Just got mine about an hour ago.. I am still in the honeymoon phase but so far I'll give it an 8/10...

I'll post more thoughts on it later..
    Haha an 8/10 honeymoon doesn't sound that fun.
    lionhearted likes this.
    05-10-17 04:43 PM
    Well... For me that's a very good score. I gave my Pixel a 7/10 on day one.. That increased over time as I am sure the KEYone will as well...

-Build quality
    -It's fast and snappy!
    -KB is sweet! Will take a few days to adjust
    -Does not get hot! I loaded a ton of apps and it didn't even get warm

Dislikes:
    -Power button location
    -Size. It's a rather tall phone! I am sure I'll adjust in a day or two though
    05-10-17 04:49 PM
    The missing point to the full score is mainly because of the features missing in android compared to BB10 (coming from a Passport) which are:
    - shortcuts such as t for top or b for bottom in apps
    - swiping up instead of pressing home
    - bedside mode (I know its now "do not disturb)
    - simple and clean user interface
    -Doing some research on the PRIV, the T and B shortcuts are preserved in HUB.. not sure if that functionality will be expanded to other apps.

-The simple and clean interface is really up to you. I am planning to try out other android launchers just to see how it functions and see if I can do without keyboard shortcuts. I've already purchased Nova Launcher, so I am going to test that out when I get my KEYone. You can incorporate swipe gestures from the homescreen using Nova so I am going to see how that works.
    05-10-17 05:08 PM
    Well... For me that's a very good score. I gave my Pixel a 7/10 on day one.. That increased over time as I am sure the KEYone will as well...

-Build quality
    -It's fast and snappy!
    -KB is sweet! Will take a few days to adjust
    -Does not get hot! I loaded a ton of apps and it didn't even get warm

Dislikes:
    -Power button location
    -Size. It's a rather tall phone! I am sure I'll adjust in a day or two though
    It's good to see that you're flexible with your opinions. Keep us posted on your thoughts about the KeyOne. I just got mine and finally finished setting it up.

This keyboard is taking some time to get used to after using VKBs for the past few years.
    05-10-17 11:56 PM
    Im in love with my keyone.

Finally blackberry has nailed this fantastically.

Honestly can say this is the best blackberry they have made in a while.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-11-17 01:42 AM
    my 1st full day with the Keyone, and all i can say is wow. Since having to give up my passport (not by choice) I was left like a small fish in a very big pond, nothing i bought could compare to the passport. i started with the Iphone SE, that thing was just a confusing mess, IOS is not for me lol, from there i bought the S7 Edge, which i managed to smash 3 times in the 6 months i owned it, my Phone insurance company must have hated me, being native to android originally it was easy to use, but it wasn't what i needed,

What I needed a robust phone that did the job and did it well, conserving battery life and could take a small knock.

So after my 3rd destruction of the S7 Edge, i decided to sell my replacement and bought the priv, I thought this would have been the phone for me... which i thought it was, "finally, back on blackberry.. but wait it wasn't blackberry, it was cumbersome battery was depleting fast and you could cook an egg on it at times, it even told me it was taking measures to cool down daily. 2 of my main apps nav and music, it couldn't handle.

now the keyone, in its short life so far in my possession, has already won me over, it does feel and act like a passport, altough not in its native OS its got what i've been looking for, from the moment i held it, it was .. it is, perfect, everything is so comfortable, the battery for a days use yesterday doing what i normally do depleted by 20% its fast enough for what i want, and its bloody sexy.

10/10 Blackberry, keep making phones like this and i'm yours for life
    Snap51 likes this.
    05-11-17 05:20 AM
    OMG.....thank you everyone....
    I can't wait till may 31 now, which is just one day after my birthday....
    Keep em coming please.....!!
    Bracken81 likes this.
    05-11-17 10:01 AM
    Anyone else??
    05-18-17 01:26 AM
    9.5 for sure, even with the quirks.
    05-18-17 01:48 AM
    The KEYone is a great phone

Why

Looks great , but also feels great in the hand , I used to be a Passport se user (best bb10 phone ever )
    This is like a mini Passport with all the apps

Great battery life, also fantastic build quality, feels like it will last forever...love it
    05-18-17 01:51 AM
    Best blackberry ever created.

Still can't believe it took this long
    05-18-17 01:52 AM
    Some people of you will be old enough to remember the Sony Ericsson P990 and the P1. The Keyone is the natural successor of the form factor SE were aiming for. I have all the early communicator smartphones SE made and loving my Keyone.
    anon(10151118) likes this.
    05-18-17 04:23 AM
    Last edited by stanfordprof; 05-18-17 at 05:04 AM.
    05-18-17 04:30 AM
    My sentiments exactly here. I'm from NY but ordered Keyone U.K. Version from Selfridges day of release because that's how much of a fan I am of Blackberry. I've ordered every single blackberry that's been launched for the past 10 years and I just can't bring myself to keeping this thing. I've ordered a new sealed classic as a secondary device to bring along with my iPhone.

- it's odd to hold like you said when lying down or relaxing on couch

- it generally feels slow in just about every activity compared to iPhone 7

Stilly buggy:

trying to click a link on a web page if there are multiple links

taking a photo from messages app results in horrible quality

phone rings and doesn't display caller Id for a few seconds

Takes multiple taps to disconnect a phone call

Trying here fellas but it's just not fluid enough compared to iOS device and bb10

Im curious to hear how many of those who actually love this device are coming from a late Model iPhone or BB10 product...

On 1-10 scale I'de say for my case a 5

I absolutely wanted to love but I just a) wasn't falling back in love with a PKB and b) wasn't falling in love with Android (been an iOS user for a long time, since I owned my last Bold!).

I realised how much I typed using one hand AND how much I typed in bed, both of which I was finding tough to with the PKB.

For people who absolutely must have and love a PKB, they will adore this phone. It is so well made and feels like a real quality product. Unfortunately it wasn't for me so I've exchanged for iPhone again and think that's my last ever PKB probably. :-(
    Last edited by jtc424; 05-18-17 at 05:29 AM.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    05-18-17 05:14 AM
41 12