So, the Keyone must be a great tool...almost everything works fine.
    I can't complain! It runs all the social media apps I use. It runs MSWord, Powerpoint, Excel (Small screens always fiddly for spreadsheets but useable) Adobe, e-mail clients, secure 3rd party app for work, online banking apps, shopping apps, train travel booking apps, android pay, Youtube... All work well! Not experienced any lag or scaling issues at all.

Don't take my word for it. I am not as technically minded as some of the others on here. I like a phone that works well in the real world. The KEYone has done this fine for me since the initial set up....

What apps do you use mainly for work? If they're available for free in the UK, I will download them and see if they work ok....
    05-12-17 05:53 PM
    I just have a feeling its going to be too small for me. I can't type on the Priv and this looks to be about the same size. I don't have the patience to get "used to it." If I can't pick up a pkb and start going on it I don't think its for me. I'll know soon enough.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-12-17 06:50 PM
    I just have a feeling its going to be too small for me. I can't type on the Priv and this looks to be about the same size. I don't have the patience to get "used to it." If I can't pick up a pkb and start going on it I don't think its for me. I'll know soon enough.
    The KEYone's keyboard appears to be exactly the same size as the PRIV's.

People who have tried both tend to prefer the K1 because it feels better and does not sit in a tray like the PRIV's.
    05-12-17 07:15 PM
    They may be similar in size, but it is a completely different typing experience. Much better then the Priv in my opinion.
    Attached Thumbnails Do you feel that the Keyone's keyboard is small?-377.jpg  
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-12-17 07:57 PM
    Coming from the priv , it feels better but if you are coming from the passport , it might be different .
    05-12-17 08:08 PM
    If you're used to VKB then PKB does take a while to get used to. PRIV keyboard wasn't too bad as people said but the idea of sliding out made it a little hard to type for longer period and people often adjusted themselves with the VKB eventually.

The keyboard on KEYᵒⁿᵉ isn't same as PRIV. It's not mushy as they say and feels quite the same as Classic.
    05-12-17 08:26 PM
    I dont think it's small. I think it's almost perfect.

Although it did surprise me that it took almost a week to get used to. I was used to the passport se and the priv. I own a bunch of q10's that my staff use and I had to pick one up and test it to make sure keyone was similar. It very much feels the same as the q10. Just my muscle memory that's changed.
    Last edited by mikeydodds; 05-13-17 at 07:06 AM.
    05-12-17 08:31 PM
    Curious about the usability of email here: do you still feel any need for writing and answering emails on a laptop? Or no need at all? Plus, do you use the Hub? Or Gmail app? If both, which one is better?
    Personally I stopped using my desktop computer and my Surface tablet for answering mails, often even when sitting in front of them, almost ever since I switched to BlackBerry a couple of years ago. No difference now with the K1. Personally my Google account is just a "dummy" one to access Playstore and install system updates, so I don't use Gmail. However I also don't use the Outlook app for my outlook.com account and instead use the Hub only. It has come a long way comparing todays version to the first Android release back when the Priv launched. It got more features, is more reliable and, especially, is much more responsive and fluid. I have four mail accounts (one Outlook.com, three IMAP with push enabled) active and it is handling them just fine.
    I have heard a few people don't like the Hub and rather use one of the many other e-mail apps available for Android. It is your choice: If you don't like it, just disable the Hub and install your own solution like Aqua Mail.
    05-12-17 11:38 PM
    Personally I stopped using my desktop computer and my Surface tablet for answering mails, often even when sitting in front of them, almost ever since I switched to BlackBerry a couple of years ago. No difference now with the K1. Personally my Google account is just a "dummy" one to access Playstore and install system updates, so I don't use Gmail. However I also don't use the Outlook app for my outlook.com account and instead use the Hub only. It has come a long way comparing todays version to the first Android release back when the Priv launched. It got more features, is more reliable and, especially, is much more responsive and fluid. I have four mail accounts (one Outlook.com, three IMAP with push enabled) active and it is handling them just fine.
    I have heard a few people don't like the Hub and rather use one of the many other e-mail apps available for Android. It is your choice: If you don't like it, just disable the Hub and install your own solution like Aqua Mail.
    Thank you so much for your timely answers! I'm a great lover the Hub. In fact, I don't even use the other apps that most people prefer for emails.
    05-13-17 12:37 AM
    I can't complain! It runs all the social media apps I use. It runs MSWord, Powerpoint, Excel (Small screens always fiddly for spreadsheets but useable) Adobe, e-mail clients, secure 3rd party app for work, online banking apps, shopping apps, train travel booking apps, android pay, Youtube... All work well! Not experienced any lag or scaling issues at all.

Don't take my word for it. I am not as technically minded as some of the others on here. I like a phone that works well in the real world. The KEYone has done this fine for me since the initial set up....

What apps do you use mainly for work? If they're available for free in the UK, I will download them and see if they work ok....
    Thank you so much for your answer! I'm planning to buy Keyone. So, I need to know almost everything about the phone prior to buying it.
    One more question: I know not all of you guys write blogs, but I'd like to know about the usability of the apps called 'blogger' and 'WordPress'. Can you install them to see how they work on the Keyone? Of course, you will need to create an account and write an article for some days, and then you can go ahead and delete them; they're all free.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-13-17 12:40 AM
    Thanks to all K1 owners who reported here.

My hands are larger than average but I used to bang out emails pretty fast on Torch 9800. (can't remember if those had word prediction) Passport to K1 might be a bit awkward at first but I think I'll pick it up.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-13-17 01:10 AM
    The KEYone is like a mini Passport, the feel is great , excellent build and look
    Only had the KEYone since Monday , great phone
    Sounds good. How about typing speeds?
    05-13-17 03:08 AM
    The Passport has the best keyboard of any BlackBerry.... Personal opinion, but the KEYone is very very good , I am getting quicker , compared to the Priv , KEYone is in a different league
    05-13-17 03:38 AM
    The Passport has the best keyboard of any BlackBerry.... Personal opinion, but the KEYone is very very good , I am getting quicker , compared to the Priv , KEYone is in a different league
    I wish the passport had symbols and a keypad integrated into the keys like on other BlackBerry's. And now I wish the spacekey had a fingerprint scanner. Not sure i'll buy one if the do a taller android version. Would want one. But, i'm not much of a tablet person. Would replace my passport se for work with a bb10 keyone at the drop of a hat.
    05-13-17 07:10 AM
    Coming from the priv , it feels better but if you are coming from the passport , it might be different .
    I was coming from the Passport and now love the KEYone keyboard more then any since my Q10. Great PKB.
    jacobacevedog likes this.
    05-13-17 05:42 PM
    Thanks to all K1 owners who reported here.

My hands are larger than average but I used to bang out emails pretty fast on Torch 9800. (can't remember if those had word prediction) Passport to K1 might be a bit awkward at first but I think I'll pick it up.
    I loved the torch 9800!! I had 2 of them!! Great phones!!
    05-13-17 06:22 PM

Yeah! The KEYone PKB is much better than the Priv!! That was one of the things that I found I had to 'live with' on the Priv. Spent more time on the VKB...
    05-13-17 06:24 PM
    Thank you so much for your answer! I'm planning to buy Keyone. So, I need to know almost everything about the phone prior to buying it.
    One more question: I know not all of you guys write blogs, but I'd like to know about the usability of the apps called 'blogger' and 'WordPress'. Can you install them to see how they work on the Keyone? Of course, you will need to create an account and write an article for some days, and then you can go ahead and delete them; they're all free.
    So I installed Blogger (orange E as logo) and Wordpress on my KEYone... I have registered some test accounts and had a bit of a play.... They all scale to the screen fine and accept the PKB. I have been able to post some blogs and upload photos all fine. I have only done about 20 minutes on each app, but haven't found anything yet that has caused any issues... Will 'play' about for a couple of days and see what happens.

Both the apps will seem to be able to send push notifications to my phone and seem to 'work' fine with the BB Android launcher. Will spend a bit more time with them tomorrow....
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-13-17 06:37 PM
    So I installed Blogger (orange E as logo) and Wordpress on my KEYone... I have registered some test accounts and had a bit of a play.... They all scale to the screen fine and accept the PKB. I have been able to post some blogs and upload photos all fine. I have only done about 20 minutes on each app, but haven't found anything yet that has caused any issues... Will 'play' about for a couple of days and see what happens.

Both the apps will seem to be able to send push notifications to my phone and seem to 'work' fine with the BB Android launcher. Will spend a bit more time with them tomorrow....
    That's so interesting! Can you please put your blog links down below? I would like to see and read them. Thanks!
    05-14-17 02:02 AM
    I was coming from the Passport and now love the KEYone keyboard more then any since my Q10. Great PKB.
    Just curious, did you ever try the Classic? I had a black, red and silver Passport, and the silver had the better keyboard to me. But the Classic always felt more "right," aside from the Q10, which now seems a little small.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 02:11 AM
    Not true. Keyone keys bigger and easier to use. Even better than the Q10. The thick shape of the Keyone also makes it easy to hold and use for key entry.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 02:13 AM
    Just curious, did you ever try the Classic? I had a black, red and silver Passport, and the silver had the better keyboard to me. But the Classic always felt more "right," aside from the Q10, which now seems a little small.

Posted via CB10
    Never had the Classic - I liked the Q10 and then went to the Passport, thought it was great - hated the Priv - and now I love the KEYone.

It's honestly great. NOT small at all. Don't let the pictures fool you. They don't do justice. It's a "classic" BB Keyboard.
    05-14-17 02:29 AM
    Never had the Classic - I liked the Q10 and then went to the Passport, thought it was great - hated the Priv - and now I love the KEYone.

It's honestly great. NOT small at all. Don't let the pictures fool you. They don't do justice. It's a "classic" BB Keyboard.
    Thanks. The phone itself looks to be a good size, especially seeing it in pictures with the iPhone 7. I have the Classic and 7Plus now, so the KEYone looks like it's somewhere in between the sizes of these two.

Also.. I see your avatar is an American flag volleyball? Assuming you're American how did you get a KEYone in the States already?!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 02:34 AM
    I hope I will have the same feeling when I get mine (hopefully on Wednesday)
    05-14-17 02:37 AM
    Thanks. The phone itself looks to be a good size, especially seeing it in pictures with the iPhone 7. I have the Classic and 7Plus now, so the KEYone looks like it's somewhere in between the sizes of these two.

Also.. I see your avatar is an American flag volleyball? Assuming you're American how did you get a KEYone in the States already?!

Posted via CB10
    Selfridges UK (Europe version). Paid $1000 when all was said and done.
    Well worth it!

Interesting photo comparison I just saw above of the Classic. Definitely looks like the best. I'd like to see a Classic/Q10 comparison.

But honestly, this phone is great and needs to sell well so they made a "KEYtwo+" that will really be something special! ;-)
    05-14-17 03:56 AM
60 123