Hey all, I'm sure a bizarre request here. I normally keep my phone in vibrate mode all day (too many notifications) but came across the situation last night where I would have like my ringer to sound.

So DND has the rules set to activate each night, but can I integrate a rule to turn on my ringer and subsequently off again.

Thanks for the ideas.
    10-15-19 01:51 AM
    Hey all, I'm sure a bizarre request here. I normally keep my phone in vibrate mode all day (too many notifications) but came across the situation last night where I would have like my ringer to sound.

So DND has the rules set to activate each night, but can I integrate a rule to turn on my ringer and subsequently off again.

Thanks for the ideas.
    That's what priority mode is for.
    10-15-19 07:02 AM
    That is set, that call came through, but was vibrating. The ringer would be more distinctive. That's why I call it a bizarre idea.
    10-15-19 09:23 AM
    That is set, that call came through, but was vibrating. The ringer would be more distinctive. That's why I call it a bizarre idea.
    Mine rings.
    10-15-19 09:24 AM
    Make sure the phone notification itself is set with a ringtone. Otherwise, the Do Not Disturb priority is just letting through whatever the notification sound is set to. If the phone itself is set to just vibrate with no sound, that's all you get.

It could be if the system is set to vibrate, then that's what DND lets through as well.

Is it that too many apps are sending notifications? You can go through the app list in the Notifications Settings, and turn them all off but the ones you want.
    10-15-19 09:41 AM
    so I'm thinking is yours set to ring during day? is it because the ringer is turned off? I seem to remember on my old BlackBerry it worked like this.
    10-15-19 09:41 AM