Hello all,

I am wondering if all the upcoming CrackBerry KEYone meet ups are a marketing strategy devised in conjunction with BB mobile in order to give BB Mobile more time to finalize and produce a sufficient amount of KEYone's. If so or not, Kevin is a great spokesperson for the device and brand.
    Just worried when I keep reading about cities being added, despite the fact that the device has been scheduled for April, which is only two weeks away.
    I'm not at all suggesting anything sinister, just wondering why there hasn't been any announcement as far as product launch.

Thank you
    03-17-17 07:39 AM
    A - Still hasn't passed FCC
    B - Never stated it would be April 1st
    C - Production run might have started, but we won't really know till reviewers have them
    D - @CrackBerry Kevin is having so much fun, he may never stop this world tour
    03-17-17 07:48 AM
    There is no reason why CrackBerry meetups can't continue after delivery date. If I recall, there are a great number of BBOS and BB10 users who need to be convinced to change to the KEYone.
    03-17-17 10:57 AM
    A - Still hasn't passed FCC
    B - Never stated it would be April 1st
    C - Production run might have started, but we won't really know till reviewers have them
    D - @CrackBerry Kevin is having so much fun, he may never stop this world tour
    BlackBerry Mobile had better not make it April 30...

Posted via CB10
    p51 likes this.
    03-17-17 11:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Or else! *slams fist*

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-17-17 11:48 AM
    The phone manufacturers can request confidentiality during the FCC approval process, so the date of approval would not be published TOO early.

CB meet-ups have zero effect on the phone release date by TCL.

Carry on.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-17-17 01:59 PM
    The phone manufacturers can request confidentiality during the FCC approval process, so the date of approval would not be published TOO early.

Carry on.
    Mythbuster!
    jamesharmeling and FF22 like this.
    03-17-17 02:04 PM

Carry on.
    Still doesn't stop BlackBerry Mobile from spilling the beans:

https://blackberrymobile.us/compliance/
    03-17-17 02:11 PM
    Is the FCC approval date in that photo?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-17-17 02:13 PM

Carry on.
    Thank you for the response... but I actually meant the other way around.
    TCL may not have gauged interest correctly or an unexpected issue(s) popped up, so as they extend either the launch or delivery window, CrackBerry keeps up the interest by coordinating more reader meet ups.
    Not entirely different from what CrackBerry did during the BB10 launch.
    Not decrying it at all, just asking a question & engaging in some speculation is all.
    03-17-17 03:36 PM
    No FCC approval announced yet. Bla1ze found that on the BlackBerry Mobile site. And there's no sign of it on the FCC site.
    03-17-17 03:44 PM
    No, but we know what to look for.
    03-17-17 04:03 PM
    Thank you for the response... but I actually meant the other way around.
    TCL may not have gauged interest correctly or an unexpected issue(s) popped up, so as they extend either the launch or delivery window, CrackBerry keeps up the interest by coordinating more reader meet ups.
    Not entirely different from what CrackBerry did during the BB10 launch.
    Not decrying it at all, just asking a question & engaging in some speculation is all.
    The launch is not extended. When we attended the press conference for KEYone last month, they announced it would be available in April. Although BB fans wish it were sooner, it has been planned for April all along.
    03-17-17 06:10 PM
    I can understand the anticipation and frustration waiting for the Keyone to be available for purchase, for myself I have already set my funds aside and will purchase the device as soon as it's available on Blackberry and/or Amazon.

Until then, I just keep reading the reviews and waiting for the email from Blackberry saying the moment has arrived.
    p51 likes this.
    03-17-17 06:22 PM
    I can understand the anticipation and frustration waiting for the Keyone to be available for purchase, for myself I have already set my funds aside and will purchase the device as soon as it's available on Blackberry and/or Amazon.

Until then, I just keep reading the reviews and waiting for the email from Blackberry saying the moment has arrived.
    Same. Very much looking forward to it.
    03-17-17 06:37 PM

Posted via CB10

Let's hope not!
    April starts on the 1st and ends on the 30th.
    Since they haven't declared an actual date, like the 15th, 3rd, or 22nd, or excluded any date, I'm going to hope for April 1st and work my way down from then.
    03-17-17 06:43 PM
    I'm hoping for April 30, and if it's sooner, I will be pleasantly surprised.
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-18-17 01:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did they ever mention which year?

Posted from my  Passport
    FF22 and bcbbanga4l like this.
    03-18-17 04:01 AM
    Speculating as I have on a few threads, several indicators say the device will probably these by early May, I don't see it rolling out within first two weeks of April for sure.
    03-18-17 09:50 AM
    I'm sure there are a lot of units out there but CBK keeps buying them at $10K a pop. Peons like myself can't compete in that market. Need to wait until CBK cools off.
    03-18-17 01:02 PM
    Speculating as I have on a few threads, several indicators say the device will probably these by early May, I don't see it rolling out within first two weeks of April for sure.
    Speculation, or fake news.
    03-18-17 01:20 PM

The rain shall end, and the sunshine known as KEYone be release. If they hadn't done the event in Barcelona, everyone would be on them for missing such a great opportunity. We're not even in April yet folks. Relax... there's plenty of hype yet to come.
    03-18-17 02:14 PM
    Speculation, or fake news.
    Or perhaps real news about the KEYone from the German IT site Golem.de (translated to English):

"At the request of Golem.de, the manufacturer announced that a sales start was planned at the beginning of May 2017."

https://www.golem.de/news/key-one-bl...03-126778.html
    03-18-17 02:26 PM
    Or perhaps real news about the KEYone from the German IT site Golem.de (translated to English):

"At the request of Golem.de, the manufacturer announced that a sales start was planned at the beginning of May 2017."

How about the entire quote?

The Blackberry Key One , launched on the MWC 2017, should also be launched in Germany in April 2017. At the request of Golem.de, the manufacturer announced that a sales start was planned at the beginning of May 2017.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-18-17 02:34 PM

Is Golem a German equivalent of CrackBerry? So, someone makes a speculative post there, it must be true?
    03-18-17 02:36 PM
76 123 ...