I would love to have a K1 or one of the newer rumoured PKB devices but I heard keyboard shortcuts don't work with launchers like Action or Nova.

I don't care about BB Launcher or apps except for Hub and Privacy Shade. I want all the features of Action Launcher with keyboard shortcuts included.

Is this possible yet?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-18 12:13 AM
    I want all the features of Action Launcher with keyboard shortcuts included.

Is this possible yet?
    No.

(Someone will come along and tell you it works in ZINQ's launcher, but it's not worth bothering if you're looking for a Nova or Action experience.)
    03-01-18 02:07 AM
    Not gonna happen, would be a waste of time for a developer given the relatively small user Base.
    03-01-18 02:09 AM
    Not gonna happen, would be a waste of time for a developer given the relatively small user Base.
    It's not really a waste of time. BB sold almost 900K devices in 2017 and 99% of them were Keyones with a PKB. . Not a ton by most standards but it's nothing to laugh at.

But regardless, the framework seems to be there as Action and Nova Launcher have features for assigning actions and apps to gestures. And there are other third party apps for remapping buttons. I could easily be wrong, but it seems like it wouldn't be a ton of work for the developers.

I'm guessing that BB hasn't released APIs for the keyboard? If so that's not cool. A lot of people just want the keyboard but don't want to be confined to the BB Launcher.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-18 01:08 AM
    It's not really a waste of time. BB sold almost 900K devices in 2017 and 99% of them were Keyones with a PKB. . Not a ton by most standards but it's nothing to laugh at.

But regardless, the framework seems to be there as Action and Nova Launcher have features for assigning actions and apps to gestures. And there are other third party apps for remapping buttons. I could easily be wrong, but it seems like it wouldn't be a ton of work for the developers.

I'm guessing that BB hasn't released APIs for the keyboard? If so that's not cool. A lot of people just want the keyboard but don't want to be confined to the BB Launcher.

Posted via CB10
    And out of that 900k how many people would actually swap to a new browser?

It just introduces bloat for the majority of slab users. I actually wrote to the Nova Dev a while back asking for this and they said no.

By all means someone write them again with the units shipped figures, you never know. Id personally love to see it cos nova is so far ahead of BB launcher in most other areas.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 03-02-18 at 04:05 AM.
    03-02-18 02:32 AM