I have VPNunlimited lifetime recommended on CB. When in the EU I select a server in the USA supporting streaming. Then I use the Xfinity Streaming app, sign into my Comcast account, and open a Stream or a saved content, and for my TV that does not support Miracast, I have an EZcast to dongle so I project the content on my 40" screen... works great.

Added: Speed seems fine, and I stream without technical foibles. I use the nearest server for streaming (they have one about 45 miles from my EU home) and I use that from the USA home to torrent just fine. Their app identifies streaming and torrent capable servers. The traffic burden is specified IRT.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 08-13-19 at 03:13 PM.
    06-21-19 06:35 AM
    It's a promotion. If more people use it, they tell others.
    Um, if it isn't profitable for a few people, how do many more people make it not a bigger loss? I'm disregarding the few people who aren't aware of the promotional offers & pay a higher price. This reasoning would make sense if you just get the great deal for the 1st year & then they moved people to a more expensive deal. But these are called lifetime. I would expect that's longer than a year...

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    06-21-19 08:19 AM
    Um, if it isn't profitable for a few people, how do many more people make it not a bigger loss? I'm disregarding the few people who aren't aware of the promotional offers & pay a higher price. This reasoning would make sense if you just get the great deal for the 1st year & then they moved people to a more expensive deal. But these are called lifetime. I would expect that's longer than a year...

How do you define lifetime and who’s lifetime? I’ve always expected lifetime of the company selling and typically ended in less than one year after the money is wired to Cayman Islands account.
    06-21-19 08:44 AM

The point is, other people will pay the regular price. Get it into some people's hands, and then let them market the product for you.
    06-21-19 09:38 AM
    I'm having pretty good luck with TorGuard on my win 7/64 pc and on the win10 surface Go. It also works well on an ancient Samsung nook running Android 5 I just use to read library books with. I have no idea what extra security it provides in an OS designed for maximizing the privacy invasion. I just do it out of general desire to screw with them as much as possible. I never do ANYTHING on the tablet that requires a password or gives away any personal information besides location or the nearest fast food place I'm looking for. I haven't been successful in running TorGuard on my Q10 yet, but I haven't messed with it in a few months.

Oh, I also run it on the Amazon Fire stick as well. But the jerks there, at Netflix & at Hulu ALL force me to turn it off if I want to see any shows. Just info for anyone wanting to get the 411 on TorGuard.

08-13-19 04:27 AM
    Iknew of nord and proton. Panama guatemala rule of law? Or switzerland... hah...

One implies
    R
    E
    A
    L
    L
    Y

Safe enough the other too. Just which is which now

Posted via CB10
    08-13-19 05:20 AM
    My opinion is that everyone who cares about their privacy should use a zero knowledge VPN, DNS, and search engine.

Otherwise, your carriers and network providers can log every site you visit and any unencrypted data transmitted.

For those just getting started, a turnkey solution like Proton VPN, which offers a free service (for a single device) and has an excellent reputation, is a good way to get your feet wet.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    dubengeldu likes this.
    08-13-19 08:08 AM
    I got lifetime VPNUnliited advertised here and I use it to torrent without getting ISP complaint (reasonably, films to watch later), and sometimes watch home content as a paid cable subscriber while traveling (rare). otherwise I don't leave it running, as my security camera feeds do not penetrate. I never have had another VPN, and I've never observed an outage. they have US based help which I called surrounding setup. I've never had to call subsequently. the app updates periodically.

Added: a few updates back their widget support vanished when they added fingerprint log-on...
    08-13-19 03:08 PM
    I got lifetime VPNUnliited advertised here and I use it to torrent without getting ISP complaint (reasonably, films to watch later), and sometimes watch home content as a paid cable subscriber while traveling (rare). ...
    How are you being allowed to stream by your cable provider? My biggest frustration with using a VPN is having to choose between privacy and actually getting the content I PAY for! Netflix, Amazon Prime & Hulu all let me search for content while logged in even if the VPN Is running. But they REFUSE to allow me to view ANY content until I turn it off (thus giving personal information to my ISP about everything I watch!)
    There should be a law keeping the jerks from doing this when I KNOW that they recognize the username and password enough to let me browse.

08-14-19 04:35 PM
    How are you being allowed to stream by your cable provider? My biggest frustration with using a VPN is having to choose between privacy and actually getting the content I PAY for! Netflix, Amazon Prime & Hulu all let me search for content while logged in even if the VPN Is running. But they REFUSE to allow me to view ANY content until I turn it off (thus giving personal information to my ISP about everything I watch!)
    There should be a law keeping the jerks from doing this when I KNOW that they recognize the username and password enough to let me browse.

You believe your carrier is decoding and logging what you watch from a Netflix app data stream?

Incidentally, VPN Unlimited has specific streaming servers too.
    08-14-19 05:13 PM
    just a heads up on the face page of crackberry there's an advertisement for Lifetime VPN unlimited for 40 bucks which is the deal I got and I found it to be worth the money for my use... Is it the best VPN, I don't know... Is it the best VPN I have, yes... That said, I've never had another VPN...
    08-15-19 10:01 AM
    How do you define lifetime and who’s lifetime? I’ve always expected lifetime of the company selling and typically ended in less than one year after the money is wired to Cayman Islands account.
    I don't know how they Define lifetime. As long as they don't charge me to sign up again during my remaining life time, after that I don't care. This can become technically a part of my estate. The worst wild characteristic of a lifetime sign up as you don't have to constantly worry about signing up again and getting bumped off if you forget.
    08-15-19 10:03 AM
37 12