KeyOne is an amazing phone, best phone I've ever had. Came from a Galaxy S7 Edge and a PRIV before that, and to me the KeyOne just smokes them both in terms of battery life, productivity, and pleasure in using. I find that I always seems to want to have it in my hand and I'm constantly finding myself getting faster and more accurate with the keyboard.
    Byrese and mrsimon like this.
    11-18-17 10:02 PM
    if you see Mrsimon on board, you should get K1... he is a convert...by the way, BB just start ads on TV (CNN - rogers to show off BB ticket symbol listing in NY...with Chen's face all over it), on Bloomberg TV interview of Chin (focus on software, security, mentioned AI), but the bloomberg prior to lead to Chin's interview the reporter said: now the blackberry smart phone is out of style, the company is focus on software... I think BB should make sure correct the statement to show case the K1... Bit upset the last BB designed handset was ignored (I am sure the reporter was not aware of the gooberry). Need CB old timer get there to keep the record straight. Go get K1 and fight for the truth. welcome back.
    Yep, a born again.... well spotted. about 6 months humming and hawing before pulling the trigger based on 1) screeen drop issues and 2) not available to buy in Spain.
    All I can say is, if you're not strapped for cash, give it a go. It's now my business daily driver and no deal-breaking complaints.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-19-17 12:20 PM
    OP - depending on how far entrenched you are in the Apple ecosystem (Mac? iPad? Apple TV? iTunes? ) you might find it very hard to adapt. However there are means to find equivalent services and such, just takes a bit of work and changing things (using google drive or Dropbox instead of iCloud for example), google tv dongle thingy or fire tv, google music or amazon, etc...
    11-19-17 02:07 PM
    Yep, a born again.... well spotted. about 6 months humming and hawing before pulling the trigger based on 1) screeen drop issues and 2) not available to buy in Spain.
    All I can say is, if you're not strapped for cash, give it a go. It's now my business daily driver and no deal-breaking complaints.
    if you brought motion as your second phone, well, I think you got very posh pocket, especially under the situation of Catalonia... hehehe. Well done. a true BB champion.
    11-19-17 04:01 PM
    I too have just moved back to a BlackBerry KeyOne from an iPhone. The main reason was battery life, combined with a keyboard. The K1 is a bit heavy compared to my old phone and android takes a bit of getting used to. Overall I like the functionality and I hope TCL make it a success. Lots of people seem happy to see a BB device again as I think many thought they had gone for good. Best of luck making the transition.
    Byrese and Frank Costanza like this.
    11-19-17 05:04 PM
    How long have you had it because in time as you type more, you will be just as fast if not faster. At least that's how it is for me. After about a week I was back to the old bold days of typing speed, accuracy and even looking away while typing. Give it some time.
    I’ve had it since release date but I used it for about 3 weeks before moving on. Just couldn’t get the speed I used to have.
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    11-19-17 06:00 PM
    Come back to the light! lol. I returned to BlackBerry to get the Z30 after leaving for Android for 4 years. Nothing like the feel and sense of productivity of a BlackBerry. the keyboard took some time getting use to but is second nature. An amazing looking device and sets you apart from the crowd. I say go for it.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-19-17 08:44 PM
    I too have just moved back to a BlackBerry KeyOne from an iPhone. The main reason was battery life, combined with a keyboard. The K1 is a bit heavy compared to my old phone and android takes a bit of getting used to. Overall I like the functionality and I hope TCL make it a success. Lots of people seem happy to see a BB device again as I think many thought they had gone for good. Best of luck making the transition.
    It's true...some ppl are happy to see BlackBerry back again. The reason may be that US consumers might not feel that there are many options out there besides Apple, Samsung, and maybe LG. Of course there's the nostalgia of BlackBerry working too.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-19-17 10:18 PM
    James?
    11-20-17 09:18 AM
    Aside from being a tad sluggish at times the battery life and pkb are absolutely phenomenal on the phone. If you can overlook certain nuances that aren't too bothersome after you have used the phone for a while than by all means you can give it a try. What appeals to me the most as mentioned before is the battery life and pkb there's nothing more satisfying than being absolutely comfortable leaving in the morning and knowing that you don't have to worry about the need of having to charge your phone.
    FF22, Byrese, scott8629 and 1 others like this.
    11-20-17 09:46 AM
    I've had the Silver KEYᴼᴺᴱ for almost 6 months. if you need a keyboard, stop there and get this phone. Now with the motion, both styles are covered. I even watch plenty of media and play a few games on the side. other than a slightly smaller screen, it's really a great device. very happy with it.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-20-17 10:34 AM
    Hello folks,
    It's been a while since I've been here in the forums. For those of you that don't remember me I used to be the UK editor for CrackBerry until I moved to the dark side.

Like many, I rocked my BlackBerry Passport for two years until the lack of app support made me go out and purchase the DTEK50 and then shortly followed by the iPhone7 Plus as the DTEK battery drove me crazy.

But now I'm getting a urge to come back and purchase a KEYone. A strong urge.

Has anyone else made this transition back and how do you fine the KEYone compared to the iPhone?

Help please? I've not even held a KEYone, but something tells me i need it.

What to do?

Thanks
    James
    Welcome back, JR! Did you end up purchasing your KEYone yet? Cheers.
    Byrese likes this.
    11-21-17 04:55 PM
    I just left my iPhone. I had the 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, and 7. Then when the 8 and X came out I realized I was so bored and totally not inspired to spend a thousand dollars on another blank slab with the same iOS. Theres nothing really wrong with it, it's just so stale to me now. Anyways, long story short, I picked up the keyone. I've had it for two weeks and I have to say this is my favorite out of every phone I've ever had. The keyboard is so amazing and yeah it's not as fast as iPhone, but the battery is outrageous, I never need to charge this thing, and it's just way more beautiful and looks totally slick. I don't think I'll be going back to iPhone anytime soon.
    FF22 and Frank Costanza like this.
    11-23-17 02:49 AM
    I thought I'd be locked into apple ecosystem too since I've had most of the iPhones and have a mac and iPad. But honestly, I haven't had a problem with migrating at all. I transferred all of my calendars to google calendar, which you can sync to the mac calendar app. and iPhone apps you can find most of the same exact ones in android. It took me several hours to fully migrate on the first day, but ones you do that, and get it out of the way, you don't have to think about it again.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-23-17 02:54 AM
    Hello folks,
    It's been a while since I've been here in the forums. For those of you that don't remember me I used to be the UK editor for CrackBerry until I moved to the dark side.

Like many, I rocked my BlackBerry Passport for two years until the lack of app support made me go out and purchase the DTEK50 and then shortly followed by the iPhone7 Plus as the DTEK battery drove me crazy.

But now I'm getting a urge to come back and purchase a KEYone. A strong urge.

Has anyone else made this transition back and how do you fine the KEYone compared to the iPhone?

Help please? I've not even held a KEYone, but something tells me i need it.

What to do?

Thanks
    James
    I just got my keyone yesterday and i love it. I moved from passport so i kind of miss the wide screen but exept that i lllooooovvvee this device! It really feels great in my hand.
    11-23-17 04:11 AM
    well, not exactly the same issue but have never use blackberry before. been on android since Symbian died, now my last phone is galaxy s8. Love it.

BUT..

Had an opportunity to try K1 for 2 weeks. and have to admit that I have totally fall in love with it. yeah, it does not have water resistance, it's not as fast as S8, display is not so bright etc.. but finally you realize that this doesn't really matter. took me three days to get used to the keyboard and from that time my productivity grews rapidly.

anyway. the point is, don't hesitate and get K1 ASAP
    FF22, Frank Costanza and phuoc like this.
    11-24-17 01:50 PM
    I have to take back my latest post praising the phone. i really love the build and everything but there is one thing take i havent seen Crackberry kevin, TLC or blackberry mobile adress at all and that is the antenna issue. apperently they have placed the antenna where you hold the phone, so if you go caseless you probobly will get bad reception like i do, it drops calls at 2-3 bars etc.. ive had it for 2 days and about 30% ofmy calls are beeing dropped due to this issue. first i thought it was a software problem but then i found this video on youtube and tryed doing the same thing, ive got the same resaults..... so im taking a week to think about if this is something i can live with (with a case). ive always been ANTI-case cause to me a phone should be used without a protection, like shoes. check this out before you buy and ill update you how its going with the case.
    11-24-17 04:05 PM
    I have to take back my latest post praising the phone. i really love the build and everything but there is one thing take i havent seen Crackberry kevin, TLC or blackberry mobile adress at all and that is the antenna issue. apperently they have placed the antenna where you hold the phone, so if you go caseless you probobly will get bad reception like i do, it drops calls at 2-3 bars etc.. ive had it for 2 days and about 30% ofmy calls are beeing dropped due to this issue. first i thought it was a software problem but then i found this video on youtube and tryed doing the same thing, ive got the same resaults..... so im taking a week to think about if this is something i can live with (with a case). ive always been ANTI-case cause to me a phone should be used without a protection, like shoes. check this out before you buy and ill update you how its going with the case.
    Wow...I'll check it out. But I never had that antenna/call quality issue on mine. Calls come through nice and clear for me. What I do have is a pkb problem. If they don't get you on one thing they get you on another.
    Last edited by Byrese; 11-25-17 at 02:08 AM.
    11-25-17 01:56 AM
    Unfortunately have exactly the same opinion.. Normally it does not bother too much, when in area with strong signal, but leaving the city were every bar counts is real pain in the ***.. Thought it was just a problem with my piece..
    11-25-17 02:51 AM
    Great reply and spot on where I am...seriously considering moving from the iPhone 6S Plus to the black edition KeyOne but I don't know how to transition iTunes music to the KeyOne. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, is there an app that transition my contacts, pictures and videos over? As you can see, I'm a novice but itching to jump back to where I belong....rocking a BlackBerry. Help!
    11-28-17 07:03 PM
    Don't get keyone, stay with apple, or pixel if you care about security.

The main reason I say that is my keyone is running on outdated security patch. It's nearly December and my phone was updated in September.
    11-29-17 12:54 PM
    Great reply and spot on where I am...seriously considering moving from the iPhone 6S Plus to the black edition KeyOne but I don't know how to transition iTunes music to the KeyOne. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, is there an app that transition my contacts, pictures and videos over? As you can see, I'm a novice but itching to jump back to where I belong....rocking a BlackBerry. Help!
    There’s an Apple Music app on Android you can download. The rest you’d have to ask someone else. Lol.
    bog131 likes this.
    11-29-17 01:28 PM
    I have now come closer to finding out what the problem is with my keyone and the signal issue. Ive tried different network options- as 4G,3G,2G and when i choose the option 3G,2G. (no 4g) then i havent lost any call at all. Im able to answer all calls and make calls without it dropping out. but when i turn on the 4G,3G option then the problem is back. so im 1 step closer on finding out whatta hell is wrong here. if any one of you know please let me knwo. ive already ordered a new sim just to make sure.
    11-29-17 01:54 PM
    Don't get keyone, stay with apple, or pixel if you care about security.

The main reason I say that is my keyone is running on outdated security patch. It's nearly December and my phone was updated in September.
    i got the november update without a problem.
    11-29-17 01:55 PM
    Transferring eco systems isn’t that bad unless you’ve got a ton of paid apps. I use lots of msft stuff. All my photos and files are on OneDrive which works well with my iPhone, Mac, iPad, pc and androids.

For me, my ultimate setup, and the one I use now is:

1. KeyOne for communication.
    2. iPad for media consumption and FaceTime (stays tethered to my K1 since T-Mobile doesn’t know that you’re even tethering when you do with a K1)
    3. Gaming PC custom built for my gaming needs.
    4. I am torn between a MacBook Pro and a Dell XPS 15 love both.
    5. Apple TV downstairs.
    6. Amazon fire TVs upstairs.

Haven’t had cable or satellite in almost 3 years and don’t miss at all.

Bottom line... communication device... HANDS DOWN K1
    Media consumption and casual browsing HANDS DOWN iPad.
    Gaming HANDS down Windows PC.
    On the go computing Your choice.
    FF22 and diesel0110 like this.
    11-29-17 08:42 PM
102 12345