Hi James. I left BlackBerry on a Bold, which I keep it just to look at and feel. It's gorgeous! I went Samsung for the bigger screens, but when the Keyone came out I spent 6 agonising months on here, and trying it out in CPW in Poole till I finally pulled the trigger . Got it through Clove UK as they're the only company I could find that could sell a black version to my company in Spain.
    So, very happy to be on a PKB again and it feels enough like a real BB to keep me happy. I posted a fairly in depth non geek review here under the title an Honest John review of the Keyone, which might seal the deal for you. To be honest, if you're a BB fan, you're gonna enjoy this phone with any foibles you may find. Let us know what you decide. All the best
    BigBadWulf and the brother like this.
    11-18-17 05:05 AM
    if you see Mrsimon on board, you should get K1... he is a convert...by the way, BB just start ads on TV (CNN - rogers to show off BB ticket symbol listing in NY...with Chen's face all over it), on Bloomberg TV interview of Chin (focus on software, security, mentioned AI), but the bloomberg prior to lead to Chin's interview the reporter said: now the blackberry smart phone is out of style, the company is focus on software... I think BB should make sure correct the statement to show case the K1... Bit upset the last BB designed handset was ignored (I am sure the reporter was not aware of the gooberry). Need CB old timer get there to keep the record straight. Go get K1 and fight for the truth. welcome back.
    Last edited by stlabrat; 11-18-17 at 07:03 PM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-18-17 06:07 AM
    At this point i have to say dont do it.

Keyone is a great little phone but the Iphone x is here. 6 More months for me then im selling the keyone for £200 ( hopefully ) and jumping ship
    11-18-17 07:01 AM
    At this point i have to say dont do it.

Keyone is a great little phone but the Iphone x is here. 6 More months for me then im selling the keyone for £200 ( hopefully ) and jumping ship
    iPhone X is absolutely not worth the price.

Anyway, James, the biggest thing you’ll have to come to terms with by moving is the PKB. I felt that, now, I typed slower on the PKB vs a VKB since it has been so long. Other than that, it’s a pretty straightforward iOS vs Android existential question.
    11-18-17 07:15 AM
    What about wi-fi calling?
    Only thing that doesn't work. Oh, and visual voice-mail. But my wife and I never had WiFi calling with Verizon on our previous phones.
    11-18-17 07:21 AM

Anyway, James, the biggest thing you’ll have to come to terms with by moving is the PKB. I felt that, now, I typed slower on the PKB vs a VKB since it has been so long. Other than that, it’s a pretty straightforward iOS vs Android existential question.
    Not to mention that ios 11 is a joke right now.
    rav813 likes this.
    11-18-17 07:21 AM
    WiFi Calling is based on the ROM - if you buy it from the carrier, it should work. If it’s a shopBB purchase, it won’t
    11-18-17 07:22 AM
    Absolutely
    11-18-17 07:22 AM
    Why do you say that Jamie?
    11-18-17 07:40 AM
    Where do I start. Lol. My wife and I both have updated and our phones have random freezes where we have to restart the device to use it. Auto correct brings up random symbols. Battery drain. Go to respond to a text and the keyboard takes up a majority of the screen.

It's finally coming back to normal but driving my wife crazy.
    rav813 and phuoc like this.
    11-18-17 07:43 AM
    I was a BB diehard and was a huge fan of bb10. my love ended at passport and agonized next over the Priv or Samsung. ended up going with Samsung

The priv and dtek series just weren't cutting it for me.

until the keyone came out.

The Samsung's are quite good. But something about BB brought me back.

I can honestly say it's the Best BB I've every owned to date.

highly recommend.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-18-17 07:46 AM
    Production version has beta-style bugs and they don’t seem to have an urgency to fix it. Even the betas are worse. I couldn’t use iCloud properly for a day on 11.2 beta... iCloud! It’s basic functionality on iOS now!
    Jamie Wooten and phuoc like this.
    11-18-17 07:46 AM
    Where do I start. Lol. My wife and I both have updated and our phones have random freezes where we have to restart the device to use it. Auto correct brings up random symbols. Battery drain. Go to respond to a text and the keyboard takes up a majority of the screen.

Gotcha. Well I assume you’ve posted across the street to the neighbors at imore. Don’t wanna continue on here with that . Lol
    11-18-17 08:08 AM
    Welcome back James!
    +1!

James, I switched from a Moto Z Force. Last PKB I used for any amount of time was a 9930. That phone was upgraded to a Z10 instead of Q10 because the BlackBerry VKB was fantastic. I had a Q10 and used it for 2 days, but the phone had no appeal for me. Considered myself done with PKB after 4 years away, but there's something about the KEYᵒⁿᵉ that pulled me right back in. Too bad you missed the London meetup. I bet you could entice a fellow member near you to help, if a pint was involved.
    the brother likes this.
    11-18-17 08:28 AM
    I moved to the KeyOne from an iPhone 6 in August with ZERO regret. ZERO.

I don’t have anything against Apple. I keep an iPad Pro nearby for my media consumption. But I absolutely do not miss the iPhone.

Android on a PKB is the perfect pocketable, for me! Communication is my primary need for that.
    11-18-17 08:47 AM
    Just ordered an att keyone. Will be using as second line
    phuoc likes this.
    11-18-17 01:57 PM
    come back my prodigal son.
    sandman10 and Sigewif like this.
    11-18-17 03:27 PM
    Will be using as second line
    Lemme know how that works out for you. I planned on using mine as a weekend phone. Haven't put the SIM in my Z Force since.
    11-18-17 03:54 PM
    Haa nice. Yeah starting to use more again although lagging again. Need to get the 4GB Version maybe. That and this temper glass kind suck. Waiting on a different one to come so I can try a different glass. Back buttons respond well with tempered glass I have.
    11-18-17 04:34 PM
    come back my prodigal son.
    Yes master......
    11-18-17 04:45 PM
    Lemme know how that works out for you. I planned on using mine as a weekend phone. Haven't put the SIM in my Z Force since.
    I should get it hopefully by Monday. I’ll give details. I’m on vacation till after thur do for nothing better to do than play with my keyone, z30 and SE oh,and my 7 Plus
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-18-17 04:47 PM

Yep it's a dumpster fire
    11-18-17 04:57 PM
    Yep it's a dumpster fire
    Well it is getting better with 11.1.2. Just aggravated I guess.
    11-18-17 05:01 PM

How long have you had it because in time as you type more, you will be just as fast if not faster. At least that's how it is for me. After about a week I was back to the old bold days of typing speed, accuracy and even looking away while typing. Give it some time.
    11-18-17 05:16 PM
    I just switched carriers and was going to get the essential phone since it is $150 at sprint but they were out so I decided to give KEYone a go.... coming from an iPhone 8 plus I have to say it has so far been a great experience. screen size feels perfect and I absolutely love having a keyboard again. I love that the Google Apps work way better on an android device
    11-18-17 06:19 PM
102 1234 ...