I hear someone warming up... not sure just yet that it's the fat lady.

But it's getting real close to showtime... we need:
    PIE to make and appearance
    KEYone updates to continue
    KEY2 & KEY2 LE inventory levels to increase
    A KEY3 prototype to show up.

I think in two months we will know better who is singing...
    Who is singing after 7 months?
    Did you know?
    01-20-20 02:05 AM
    Who is singing after 7 months?
    Did you know?
    Shows over.... Fat Lady sang a nice few encores, but she has left the stage. All that's left are the vendors trying to push some merchandise.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-20 08:52 AM
    Yesterday, German Tech Portal teltarif.de speculated about an upcoming end of BBMo. Their source is a post by the forum administrator of the German Portal blackberrybase.net (https://www.blackberrybase.net/showt...te-Versprechen!!!). Said admin states that according to his sources (which in the past had been rather reliable, as he claims) almost all former German BlackBerry Staff is going to be laid off soon - same obviously applies for employees in other countries. Furthermore he states that the April 2019 patch was the last for Keyone and that Key2 will not be getting Pie (but security Patches til June 2020 and August 2020 for the Key2LE). Only positive news from this source is that obviously the rumored Key3 is in the making.
    So if Key² never gets a single update to Pie as promised, who would even consider a Key³ from BlackBerry Mobile... maybe from a different maker one could take a look...??
    01-20-20 01:27 PM
    …or is it Unihertz ??
    01-20-20 01:28 PM
    …or is it Unihertz ??
    Though I would love to try one of those Unihertz Titans, I don't trust the software and will not get one. :-(
    01-20-20 01:49 PM
    Though I would love to try one of those Unihertz Titans, I don't trust the software and will not get one. :-(
    I assume you are referring to the Adups which Unihertz claims to have hired to do their updates and upgrades OTA... Adups is mentioned as data mining in 2017 and nothing more recently...i too am hesitant for that reason...
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 01-20-20 at 05:00 PM.
    01-20-20 01:55 PM
    I assume you are referring to the Adups which Unihertz claims to have hired to do their updates and upgrades OTA... Adups is mentioned as data mining in 2017 and nothing more recently...bi to am hesitant for that reason...
    conite said that running NetGuard helps with the tracking stuff on the Titan
    01-20-20 01:56 PM
    doesn't see Adups
    01-20-20 05:08 PM
    doesn't see Adups
    Sure it does.

"com.adups.fota.overlay" and "Wireless Update" (which is com.adups.fota).
    01-20-20 05:09 PM
    OKi didn't look at the app functionality carefully but I will. Thx
    Sure it does.

01-20-20 05:15 PM
    Sure it does.

Can adb force-delete that package?
    01-20-20 06:18 PM
    Can adb force-delete that package?
    You don't want to delete it, because it's the only way to receive updates. You have to unblock it every time you know one is available.
    01-20-20 06:19 PM
    I like Oreo > Pie for a whole number of reasons. Tbh the only benefit w/ Pie that I really enjoyed was the magnify glass they stole from iPhone when you hold the cursor down. If the Key2 gets it, it would def be a differentiating factor between it and the KEYone but I'm glad my KEYone is (almost certainly) going to be stuck on 8.1
    01-20-20 06:46 PM
    I like Oreo > Pie for a whole number of reasons. Tbh the only benefit w/ Pie that I really enjoyed was the magnify glass they stole from iPhone when you hold the cursor down. If the Key2 gets it, it would def be a differentiating factor between it and the KEYone but I'm glad my KEYone is (almost certainly) going to be stuck on 8.1
    In fact pie is just oreo, with more security/privacy enhancement and some gesture controls.
    01-20-20 07:45 PM
    In fact pie is just oreo, with more security/privacy enhancement and some gesture controls.
    Well, not really. There is a list of changes longer than my arm.
    01-20-20 07:49 PM
    Well, not really. There is a list of changes longer than my arm.
    Yeah, then Pie is much better. Sadly none of keys have one.
    01-20-20 08:26 PM
    So if Key² never gets a single update to Pie as promised, who would even consider a Key³ from BlackBerry Mobile... maybe from a different maker one could take a look...??
    There isn't going to be a K3, so that's irrelevant.
    John Albert and ppeters914 like this.
    01-20-20 09:45 PM
    There isn't going to be a K3, so that's irrelevant.
    Please, don't kill every chance. Someone still has hopes here 😁
    01-20-20 11:36 PM
    You don't want to delete it, because it's the only way to receive updates. You have to unblock it every time you know one is available.
    Dang, that makes it like a tolerable spyware which you have the ability to turn on and off. Weird?
    01-21-20 02:51 AM
    Dang, that makes it like a tolerable spyware which you have the ability to turn on and off. Weird?
    That's exactly what it is, and they bank on the fact that most people (that even know it's a threat) will leave it on so they can get updates.
    01-21-20 10:43 AM
    so the whole idea is to toggle Adups off and then on when Titan update is announced, yes?
    01-21-20 05:09 PM
    Shows over.... Fat Lady sang a nice few encores, but she has left the stage. All that's left are the vendors trying to push some merchandise.
    & I would predict Unihertz would do well to front some other models soon...
    01-21-20 05:11 PM
    so the whole idea is to toggle Adups off and then on when Titan update is announced, yes?
    Yep.
    01-21-20 05:11 PM
298 ... 101112