Also, carriers need to be removed from the equation. Updates should be available for all devices direct from the OS like they are for Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Linux, etc.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I agree with this comment 100 percent. Only in the telephonic mobile world outside of Apple do users have to deal with this utter BS.
    08-17-19 05:49 PM
    Soo, back to the speculation, honestly speaking is the key3 going to be a thing or not? My KeyOne is shutting down randomly, extremely laggy and there's lines on my screen. I attribute all of these issues to it being a refurbished unit after my original Keyone's screen fell off. I thought maybe the Key2 is being offered cheap by now but apparently is not even being sold anymore? That made me think that the Key3 is just around the corner but I couldn't find any rumors. If I knew a new device was coming I will just wait for it but with no confirmation or communication of any kind I'm going to be forced to go with a different brand. BTW I'm on the February patch and DTEK gives me a green check telling me I have a recent security patch.
    08-17-19 07:54 PM
    Soo, back to the speculation, honestly speaking is the key3 going to be a thing or not? My KeyOne is shutting down randomly, extremely laggy and there's lines on my screen. I attribute all of these issues to it being a refurbished unit after my original Keyone's screen fell off. I thought maybe the Key2 is being offered cheap by now but apparently is not even being sold anymore? That made me think that the Key3 is just around the corner but I couldn't find any rumors. If I knew a new device was coming I will just wait for it but with no confirmation or communication of any kind I'm going to be forced to go with a different brand. BTW I'm on the February patch and DTEK gives me a green check telling me I have a recent security patch.
    Honestly, nothing even close to concrete enough to wait on. Everything is guesswork. Saw a new model in config files many mos ago, but there are no indications that anything will actually come out. TCL seems to have gone MIA.

I fear that you may be looking at non-bb if your device is starting to misbehave.
    08-17-19 08:45 PM
    Honestly, nothing even close to concrete enough to wait on. Everything is guesswork. Saw a new model in config files many mos ago, but there are no indications that anything will actually come out. TCL seems to have gone MIA.

I fear that you may be looking at non-bb if your device is starting to misbehave.
    I thought so, oh well I'm going to miss my keyboard shortcuts.
    08-17-19 09:18 PM
    The lack of anything conclusive for several months now is why we have roughly ten threads in this forum, each with message count in the hundreds. Each conversation sounds like this on repeat with no end.

Have you heard anything?

No. Have you?

My device is still on ABT975. What gives?

Whatever happened with the BBJ-100?

Wait is there a new device coming out?

Who knows?

I want a PRIV2!

Forget PRIV2, I want an android passport!

I miss BB10.

I miss BBOS.

If there's going to be a Key3, it needs a better camera.

You can't upgrade the hardware. Tcl is not Samsung or Apple. Although they're in business for a profit presumably, they can't afford to put ingredients that people want!

I guess that's true.

I don't care about pkb! I want security!

All these devices are roughly the same, the user has the most impact on security posture with their behavior.

Well said! In that case, we know why we're here: PKB!

Will they fix the spacebar on K3?

All this is
    S
    I
    L
    L
    Y

How can BlackBerry advertise security if they don't do security patches?

It's not BlackBerry's fault! Blame TCL and blame the carriers.

Why am I still on ABT975?

Why does Apple and Samsung provide timely updates?

TCL is not Apple. They don't have engineers or economies of scale or marketing or production or finance! Presumably they're not saying anything because they're hard at work.

Hard at work on what? They're closing down all the BlackBerry apps...?

But didn't they just extend shelf life for BB10?

I hate the new Hub!

Is there a new device coming?

No. Have you heard anything?

--
    Lather, rinse, repeat... x 10 threads.

//End State of the Crackberry.
    Last edited by IceCreamPlz; 08-17-19 at 10:11 PM.
    08-17-19 09:37 PM
    My mantra for buying new technology is always,

"When in doubt, wait."

I've never heard anyone say they wish they'd upgraded their device sooner. If you can manage with what you have, waiting a few months will almost always give you better options and will never give you worse ones.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-18-19 06:01 AM
    I also read Samsung was moving to quarterly on its S7 which is now in year 4 of patches.
    Year 3, the S7 came out in 2016. Samsung in theory provides two years of monthly updates on their flagships and a third year of quarterly updates but not everyone receives them.

I think the Pixel is still getting monthly updates in year 3.
    08-18-19 11:24 AM
    Year 3, the S7 came out in 2016. Samsung in theory provides two years of monthly updates on their flagships and a third year of quarterly updates but not everyone receives them.

I think the Pixel is still getting monthly updates in year 3.
    Security updates are now into their 4th year for the S7. (T-Mobile recently updated their S7's) Samsung noted they are moving to quarterly patches for the likes of the S7.
    08-18-19 02:31 PM
    Why don't you do a factory reset and use the autoloader to get the June '19 patch? I'd bet those would clear things up. Then throw SD Maid app on there to keep things tidy and running smooth.
    08-18-19 02:33 PM
    Security updates are now into their 4th year for the S7. (T-Mobile recently updated their S7's) Samsung noted they are moving to quarterly patches for the likes of the S7.
    But how can it be 4 years when the Galaxy S7 is only 3 years old? Samsung's 4 year old device is the Galaxy S6 and it was taken off the list sometime after June 2018.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180614...workScope.smsb

Their EOL doesn't seem to be day and date with launch but it seems to happen in the same year.
    08-18-19 04:53 PM
    The launch date for the S7 was march 2016 in Germany, therefore the smartphone is now 3 years and 5 month old.
    Regarding the use of the autoloader: I did not find any hint on BBMo to use an autoloader to get security patches, in this case the Keyone is EOL.
    My Keyone is just 3/4 year old and I don't want to loose my warranty if I use the autoloader and something goes wrong!
    08-19-19 08:16 AM
    The launch date for the S7 was march 2016 in Germany, therefore the smartphone is now 3 years and 5 month old.
    Regarding the use of the autoloader: I did not find any hint on BBMo to use an autoloader to get security patches, in this case the Keyone is EOL.
    My Keyone is just 3/4 year old and I don't want to loose my warranty if I use the autoloader and something goes wrong!
    You won't void a warranty by using an autoloader.

Although I'm not sure what warranty you'd be referring to after 3 years.
    08-19-19 08:36 AM
    May be my time description was irritating, I bought my Keyone BE last November, so it is nearly one year old and still has one year of warranty.
    08-19-19 09:20 AM
    May be my time description was irritating, I bought my Keyone BE last November, so it is nearly one year old and still has one year of warranty.
    I've never heard of anyone being denied due to using an Autoloader.

But an Autololader isn't going to help much at this point going forward.
    08-19-19 10:16 AM
    The contract that TCL has with BB will be over soon, both US and Canada will not restock.
    Pie will not come to neither of the phones.
    Monet aka Key3 will not be released.
    08-20-19 05:29 PM
    The contract that TCL has with BB will be over soon, both US and Canada will not restock.
    Pie will not come to neither of the phones.
    Monet aka Key3 will not be released.
    Source?
    08-20-19 08:06 PM
    Source?
    Reuters
    08-20-19 08:26 PM
    Reuters
    A link would be helpful and would probably get posted on front page of CrackBerry if y’all have it.
    08-20-19 08:27 PM
    A link would be helpful and would probably get posted on front page of CrackBerry if y’all have it.
    I am sorry, I got to go. Tomorrow?
    08-20-19 08:28 PM
    I am sorry, I got to go. Tomorrow?
    Your communication and timing is getting bad as BBMo then.... LMAO
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-20-19 08:30 PM
    Your communication and timing is getting bad as BBMo then.... LMAO
    I learned from the best. You see, I run the numbers. LOL.
    the_boon and ppeters914 like this.
    08-20-19 08:31 PM
    I know very well what the term 'bug' means. I should have put the term in quotation marks, because the app doesn't have a real bug, of course, but it doesn't do what BlackBerry Mobile's advertising suggests.
    If person#2 doesn't do, what person#1 suggests. Bugging only comes into play when person #1 repeats themselves in a direct compulsive (OCD) manner ad nauseum. Thats just my 2-cents worth on the ideas of "suggestions" and "bugs" no personal attribution, is it? should be implied.

But then again that's not what a software bug is either....maybe we should go back to Thomas Edison's description of an engineering bug which was a common term in engineering long before software was even a thing.....although that is not what a software bug is...his description is interesting...but in engineering as yet undetected catastrophic design is presumably meant, in avoiding commercial failure, at the pre-commercial stage and possibly sometime after initial product release.., not just plain old buyer apathy for a product.

'Bugs' -- as such little faults and difficulties are called -- show themselves and months of intense watching, study and labor are requisite before commercial success or failure is certainly reached. . -Thomas Edison 1878 (source: Yale Book of Quotations via computerworld)

Then again bugaboo and bugabear predate that...being (the little?) monsters that they are.
    09-23-19 05:49 AM
    I have an awful feeling there won't be another blackberry phone it didn't sell well and all we got was a smaller key2 nothing has been mentioned by blackberry or TCL either about a key3
    09-27-19 05:18 PM
    You see, I run the numbers. LOL.
    /bump

So about that link?
    09-30-19 07:59 PM
    /bump

So about that link?
    BB Link?
    10-01-19 08:23 AM
298 ... 9101112