Can someone post directions on how to manually load the June patch? When I had my BB10 devices, I used to manually load the patches and I felt so much more in control...Not having to wait for a carrier or for BlackBerry to push it out.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...patch-1173379/
    07-08-19 08:16 AM
    Do you know why they didn't released it?
    07-08-19 08:24 AM
    Do you know why they didn't released it?
    Rogers is Rogers. They are often behind schedule.
    07-08-19 09:11 AM
    Then Rogers is a perfect match for BlackBerry
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-08-19 10:02 AM
    If we don't get Pie by September, I will agree with this in regards to Blackberry Mobile.
    07-08-19 10:06 AM
    Take that back. Verizon is the true best match lol!
    conite and Mecca EL like this.
    07-08-19 10:57 AM
    I just wrote that Rogers is 'a' perfect match not 'the' perfect match
    conite and Mecca EL like this.
    07-08-19 11:04 AM
    Chinese variant, device build date June 16th 2019; I guess they are still produced, just not for the west....

https://www.reddit.com/r/black...m=a...m_source=share
    herbersh, the_boon and Jake2826 like this.
    07-11-19 06:21 PM
    Are there instructions that explain the autoloading process on a more basic level? Like how you'd instruct your mom to do it?
    07-14-19 11:28 AM
    Are there instructions that explain the autoloading process on a more basic level? Like how you'd instruct your mom to do it?
    Post #31 in the autoloader thread.
    07-14-19 11:35 AM
    I'd tell my mom to clear her plans for the weekend because I'd be making a road trip to do it myself.
    07-14-19 12:18 PM
    I have been listening BB is dead since late 2000, it is part of the phones and OS's war. All BB hardware and software products have been always superior and thinking in a target market, it is like comparing Bentley and Hyundai. So I don't worry anymore every time I hear something "new" about that.
    You are correct... Hyundai has reliability far exceeding Bentley
    07-14-19 12:36 PM
    You are correct... Hyundai has reliability far exceeding Bentley
    When have luxury brands ever been more reliable than budget ones lol
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-14-19 12:54 PM
    When have luxury brands ever been more reliable than budget ones lol
    Bingo
    07-14-19 04:45 PM
    Yesterday, German Tech Portal teltarif.de speculated about an upcoming end of BBMo. Their source is a post by the forum administrator of the German Portal blackberrybase.net (https://www.blackberrybase.net/showt...te-Versprechen!!!). Said admin states that according to his sources (which in the past had been rather reliable, as he claims) almost all former German BlackBerry Staff is going to be laid off soon - same obviously applies for employees in other countries. Furthermore he states that the April 2019 patch was the last for Keyone and that Key2 will not be getting Pie (but security Patches til June 2020 and August 2020 for the Key2LE). Only positive news from this source is that obviously the rumored Key3 is in the making.
    I am not sad, I am actually surprised..

BBMo have staff in Germany and other countries?? They should be laid off, they do nothing to justify their existence in any means. None BlackBerry device was found in physical EU region stores, shame on you.
    07-14-19 06:15 PM
    Chinese variant, device build date June 16th 2019; I guess they are still produced, just not for the west....
    As I've pointed out a few times, I'm pretty certain that the date shown is the date the phone was flashed at the factory and packaged up for sale, NOT the date the hardware came off the production line. Of course, I can't prove this as my invitation to tour the TCL production facilities must have gotten lost in the mail, but low-volume manufacturing almost never works that way.

Instead, estimate are made of how many devices of each sub-model are likely to be needed to fulfill sales for a given amount of time, which in this case is probably the expected sales life of the product (about 1 year). Then, the production lines are tooled up, tested, adjusted, etc. which takes a week or two, and then actual production manufacturing takes place, producing the entire order at once. For a device like the K2, which will likely sell about 500k devices across all submodels, the total manufacturing production can be completed in 6-8 weeks.

But these devices aren't all immediately flashed and packaged - they're stored in bulk storage boxes and warehoused except for the amount of the initial distributor orders. Those devices are flashed and boxed and shipped out. When they've sold through, and a distributor re-orders, inventory is pulled out of bulk storage, flashed with the latest image for the destination country(s), packaged in the latest packaging with the latest inserts for that country/company, and shipped out.

A percentage of the production is also held back for spare parts. This includes motherboards, screens, keyboards, etc. A generous number of these need to be held back in case there is a serious problem that requires a lot of exchanges - a manufacturer is legally required to be able to supply those parts for a period of time. Once that time period has passed, the inventory of spare parts can be reduced, and those parts can be used to build phones. Perhaps in a new and crimson colored-case, or an edition with silver accents.

In any case, the manufacturer isn't going to take a production line off-line, retool it, readjust and calibrate it, retrain all the workers, etc. to make 5000 more devices - a line that could be making 20,000 phones per day. That would be like hiring a limousine to drive you down the street for a Slurpee - way too expensive. Such low volumes are likely assembled manually.

Manufacturing production lines need to be working all the time or they're too expensive to house and maintain, not to mention the workers who operate them. TCL isn't going to pay workers to stand around for months at a time in the off-chance that a few people want to buy a K2 a year after it was released - they've got them busy making other products, either for themselves or as subcontractors for some other company.

Again, I have no direct, concrete proof of this, but I've spent a good deal of time around manufacturing plants of various types (often installing security cameras in them) and I've also done LOTS of reading about smartphones, including minutia that most people wouldn't care about, and what I wrote would be the norm for phones that weren't iPhone/Galaxy-popular (i.e., that didn't sell in enough volume to justify many production runs). Things are very different when you are selling 20m of a given model per year, vs. half a million.
    the_boon, John Albert and rolfep like this.
    07-14-19 07:26 PM
    As I've pointed out a few times, I'm pretty certain that the date shown is the date the phone was flashed at the factory and packaged up for sale, NOT the date the hardware came off the production line. Of course, I can't prove this as my invitation to tour the TCL production facilities must have gotten lost in the mail, but low-volume manufacturing almost never works that way.

Instead, estimate are made of how many devices of each sub-model are likely to be needed to fulfill sales for a given amount of time, which in this case is probably the expected sales life of the product (about 1 year). Then, the production lines are tooled up, tested, adjusted, etc. which takes a week or two, and then actual production manufacturing takes place, producing the entire order at once. For a device like the K2, which will likely sell about 500k devices across all submodels, the total manufacturing production can be completed in 6-8 weeks.

But these devices aren't all immediately flashed and packaged - they're stored in bulk storage boxes and warehoused except for the amount of the initial distributor orders. Those devices are flashed and boxed and shipped out. When they've sold through, and a distributor re-orders, inventory is pulled out of bulk storage, flashed with the latest image for the destination country(s), packaged in the latest packaging with the latest inserts for that country/company, and shipped out.

A percentage of the production is also held back for spare parts. This includes motherboards, screens, keyboards, etc. A generous number of these need to be held back in case there is a serious problem that requires a lot of exchanges - a manufacturer is legally required to be able to supply those parts for a period of time. Once that time period has passed, the inventory of spare parts can be reduced, and those parts can be used to build phones. Perhaps in a new and crimson colored-case, or an edition with silver accents.

In any case, the manufacturer isn't going to take a production line off-line, retool it, readjust and calibrate it, retrain all the workers, etc. to make 5000 more devices - a line that could be making 20,000 phones per day. That would be like hiring a limousine to drive you down the street for a Slurpee - way too expensive. Such low volumes are likely assembled manually.

Manufacturing production lines need to be working all the time or they're too expensive to house and maintain, not to mention the workers who operate them. TCL isn't going to pay workers to stand around for months at a time in the off-chance that a few people want to buy a K2 a year after it was released - they've got them busy making other products, either for themselves or as subcontractors for some other company.

Again, I have no direct, concrete proof of this, but I've spent a good deal of time around manufacturing plants of various types (often installing security cameras in them) and I've also done LOTS of reading about smartphones, including minutia that most people wouldn't care about, and what I wrote would be the norm for phones that weren't iPhone/Galaxy-popular (i.e., that didn't sell in enough volume to justify many production runs). Things are very different when you are selling 20m of a given model per year, vs. half a million.
    Many production lines these days are amazingly versatile and quick-changing. Small runs of product are done all the time now. Much of the process is robotic, and the whole specific operation is pre-programmed into the production computer.

BlackBerry has also explicitly stated that the software is not flashed after-the-fact, but right on the main assembly line.
    RWIndiana and Jake2826 like this.
    07-14-19 08:07 PM
    BlackBerry has also explicitly stated that the software is not flashed after-the-fact, but right on the main assembly line.
    Which is why the MMI test was so accurate for Silver KEYone's when people wanted to find out if they had early batch units or later ones with added adhesive.
    07-14-19 08:28 PM
    BBMo have staff in Germany and other countries?? They should be laid off, they do nothing to justify their existence in any means. None BlackBerry device was found in physical EU region stores
    I don't know where you live but at least in huge consumer electronics in Germany, the BlackBerry devices have been and still are being displayed.
    07-16-19 01:01 AM
    likely there are a ton of blackberry devices to still move through the sales conduit in Germany...
    07-16-19 08:29 AM
    likely there are a ton of blackberry devices to still move through the sales conduit in Germany...
    Really? Spread them around - people are desperate for product in other regions!
    07-16-19 08:46 AM
    Or they are just sitting there.... I know China has some recent build dates, anyone in Germany buy one recently?
    07-16-19 09:32 AM
    Just got back from Japan and the Key2 had a decently prominent end cap display at Bic in Kyoto (near train station). However, they had zero in stock.
    07-16-19 03:55 PM
    Just got back from Japan and the Key2 had a decently prominent end cap display at Bic in Kyoto (near train station). However, they had zero in stock.
    It was JUST launched in that market.
    07-16-19 04:47 PM
    It was JUST launched in that market.
    Oops. Well I didn’t ask her to check other stores.
    07-16-19 05:37 PM
298 ... 56789 ...