Ordered a keyone from best buy on July 15th received it on the 18th while charging it today the left side of the screen lifted. I thought i had the new and improved keyone but I didn't. Blackberry or TCL needs to pull old inventory from their vendors and label the new and improved devices. There is no need to go through all this over a phone! Got my refund tonight not ordering another one sticking with my Galaxy S8 plus.

BlackBerry just lost a sale and a long time customer.
    Last edited by o4liberty; 07-23-17 at 09:48 AM.
    07-22-17 08:44 PM
    Ordered a keyone from best buy on July 15th received it on the 18th while charging it today the left side of the screen lifted. I thought i had the new and improved keyone but I didn't. Blackberry or TCL needs to pull old inventory from their vendors and label the new and improved devices. There is no need to go through all this over a phone! Got my refund tonight not ordering another one sticking with my Galaxy S8 plus.

Sorry for your bad experience and I have also said that TCL/Blackberry should be labeling the devices with the screen lift fix so folks know they have the updated unit and not one from the early production run.

It's an easy solution by putting a special label on the box and is not going to break the bank. By having the special label would do a lot to ensure folks they are making the necessary corrections in the current production process. Just my two cents worth.
    07-22-17 08:56 PM
    Enjoy your Sammy!
    07-22-17 09:01 PM
    Blackberry or TCL needs to pull old inventory from their vendors and label the new and improved devices.
    But by doing so, it will make their olds that have already in the market standing unsold because everyone will want the new improved one.
    fanisk likes this.
    07-22-17 09:02 PM

Unfortunately, I think many people forget, you're a first time customer with BBMo. In that respect, you're buying from a company with no track record, good or bad. Doesn't mean it's right, just the fact. TCL may be a successful company elsewhere, or not, but the Western markets and their expectations are different.

They have over promised and under delivered in some respects, but I think many on here set unreasonable expectations for a new company/brand with a very difficult product to build, PKB...
    ColinsCity likes this.
    07-22-17 09:08 PM
    Unfortunately, I think many people forget, you're a first time customer with BBMo. In that respect, you're buying from a company with no track record, good or bad. Doesn't mean it's right, just the fact. TCL may be a successful company elsewhere, or not, but the Western markets and their expectations are different.

They have over promised and under delivered in some respects, but I think many on here set unreasonable expectations for a new company/brand with a very difficult product to build, PKB...
    Wow lol. The screen on a $600 device lifts, after 4 days of use and your response is, you're expecting too much lmao. This site is unbelievable.
    07-22-17 09:27 PM
    Wow lol. The screen on a $600 device lifts, after 4 days of use and your response is, you're expecting too much lmao. This site is unbelievable.
    That's not what I said. My point is you bought a phone from a cheap off brand manufacturer and then you're surprised when you didn't find Apple/IOS polish and perfection. Don't you think it makes sense to wait till company has made a few PKB's first?
    07-22-17 09:31 PM
    That's not what I said. My point is you bought a phone from a cheap off brand manufacturer and then you're surprised when you didn't find Apple/IOS polish and perfection. Don't you think it makes sense to wait till company has made a few PKB's first?
    If it's cheap off brand manufacturer made, why is it $600?
    07-22-17 10:06 PM
    Because early adopters, for a multitude of reasons, will pay a premium to be first.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-22-17 10:09 PM

A PKB phone is not difficult to build. They were some of the first smartphones ages ago. This isn't some new alien tech. It's a cheaply made product by a lackluster company.
    07-22-17 10:27 PM
    Disgraceful ;-)
    anon(9803818) and spantch101 like this.
    07-22-17 10:51 PM

Maybe blame it on Best Buy too. Nobody will take the blame anyway. You pay the big bucks and they pass the buck. And our pockets get emptied. I too am a long time user . Glad I did not buy the KEYone, especially when they gave up on the Dtek60. I am Berry Broke.
    I guess we can't keep are Apples all in one basket in this case Berries eh? Maybe it is time for Google?
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    07-22-17 11:12 PM
    But it is NOT the keyboards that are falling off. It is the screen. Screen adhesion technology shouldn't be that hard to perfect.

I agree with Bakron - folks need to be confident that the screen on the device they plan on taking on vacation or to a conference will not fall apart. Or even the device they need at the store or picking up the kids can work reliably.

Yes, it is nice that the Keyone has a one year warranty but that is a fail safe that most folks do not want to exercise or rely on. They are out and about and the screen falls off. Now what, pull out the spare phone that they need to carry as a precaution? Borrow one from some passerby? Pull over to a phone booth (and change into their Superman costume) and call BBMobile?

Finally knowing that the KeyOne you purchase is really built correctly and won't fall apart is something that should be taken for granted and not prayed for.

Yes, it might be random and it might be rare but it is damn inconvenient if it happens at the wrong time or place.

They should do a stock switch and pull old stock which they cannot determine is fault-free (as far as screen pop) and provide new, fixed stock so that merchants are not selling possibly faulty units.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and nappalonia like this.
    07-22-17 11:27 PM
    They don't care. They will sell the old stock out & fix them as they break replacing with refurbished... you paid for NEW and get recycled... sheesh !!
    07-23-17 12:18 AM
    Sorry but this is no excuse either. These are multi billion dollar corporations. They are expected to get it right. Not to have a few attempts at a PKB before it's properly done. That's such a cop out response.
    07-23-17 01:20 AM
    Definitely is not cheap ! I bought it same money like my wife's Gallery S8 !
    07-23-17 01:24 AM
    $ is not a cheap toy. The product should be in proper working order and built to last a sensible time.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-23-17 02:16 AM

Just realize, you've posted on another thread that your keyone was fine some hours before you started this thread. I am amazed of what could happen within -less than a day.
    07-23-17 03:41 AM
    If you guys could read, I said, it wasn't right. Then, I said, people expected too much from TCL/BBMo.

I'm saying, there's a learning curve from a manufacturer that is used to producing CHEAP phones. CHEAP as in not the QUALITY you get from Tier 1 OEM.

Building a PKB device is difficult for low cost builder that's never made one before. I'm not making excuses for them, I'm saying, what did you really "expect" ?

The business model of many of these OEMS is to get early adopters to pay to be the beta testers with initial production runs. They do it with all kinds of products, not just phones.

It started with Japanese manufacturers in the 60s and 70s. Then, Korean manufacturers in the 80s and 90s. Finally, Chinese and Indian manufacturers in 00s and 10s.

The unreasonable expectations are simply expecting Tier 1 OEM behaviors from a company that isn't there yet. I'm NOT saying it's right and never did. I'm saying why are you surprised? Do you think Six Sigma is part of their manufacturing process?
    07-23-17 05:28 AM
    But by doing so, it will make their olds that have already in the market standing unsold because everyone will want the new improved one.
    Those should be sent back, fixed, and sold refurbished on Overstock.com or somewhere similar.
    anon(10252394) likes this.
    07-23-17 05:29 AM
    There are a lot of great posts on this thread and some get it but for the others that don't for the two days I used the keyone it was great I loved the device no problems at all its the simple fact that the screen issues is known and someone should of pulled the stock that has not had the screen repairs made yet period. How is someone to know at this point if the device they are buying is the new and improved one? THEY DON'T! Why should anyone go through the purchase and return process more than a month after the defect was known. I am lucky I was able to get a refund within the return period and not have to wait and get it repaired. So I am not bashing the keyone I am bashing the people who are responsible for getting this defect fixed period!
    For what it's worth the keyone was charging when the screen lifted it was on charge for about 4 hours and was never dropped.
    Last edited by o4liberty; 07-23-17 at 06:28 AM.
    falbo likes this.
    07-23-17 06:13 AM
    If you guys could read, I said, it wasn't right. Then, I said, people expected too much from TCL/BBMo.

I'm saying, there's a learning curve from a manufacturer that is used to producing CHEAP phones. CHEAP as in not the QUALITY you get from Tier 1 OEM.

Building a PKB device is difficult for low cost builder that's never made one before. I'm not making excuses for them, I'm saying, what did you really "expect" ?

The business model of many of these OEMS is to get early adopters to pay to be the beta testers with initial production runs. They do it with all kinds of products, not just phones.

It started with Japanese manufacturers in the 60s and 70s. Then, Korean manufacturers in the 80s and 90s. Finally, Chinese and Indian manufacturers in 00s and 10s.

The unreasonable expectations are simply expecting Tier 1 OEM behaviors from a company that isn't there yet. I'm NOT saying it's right and never did. I'm saying why are you surprised? Do you think Six Sigma is part of their manufacturing process?
    How difficult is it to GLUE the effin screen? It isn't rocket science for ANY manufacturer. A guy building it in his basement would have known better.
    07-23-17 06:56 AM

TCL build plenty of phones, yes many of them cheap BUT NONE of them fall apart while just sitting there.

The K1 was designed by BB and built by TCL, there is no excuse for either 1 of them. Apparently the BB Passport also had this issue, last I checked BB's bread&butter was PKB phones up to the time they made the Passport.
    crackberry_geek and tazcubed like this.
    07-23-17 07:18 AM
    All Blackberry and TCL needs to do is make a statement on this issue but better than the last one. And get the old inventory off the shelves so this issue goes away for good. I have always been a believer in a lemon law for electronics.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-23-17 07:18 AM
    I think they're not as cash heavy like Samsung otherwise they would have just replaced all of the manufactured stocks. They're now dealing with case by case under warranty.

Again, the issue is present but not on all. This does annoy and also paranoids me that why my daily driver for 3 months has not shown any signs of breaking. Yes I do keep it in a sleeve but the phone is used without any case. I'm not being over careful with the device but with what I read online, the screens are just jumping out by themselves.

It's really hard to believe that since I own one myself. Either I'm extremely lucky or others are unlucky. Can't say from my experience that the phone is weakly build.
    07-23-17 07:25 AM
171 123 ...