TCL build plenty of phones, yes many of them cheap BUT NONE of them fall apart while just sitting there.

The K1 was designed by BB and built by TCL, there is no excuse for either 1 of them. Apparently the BB Passport also had this issue, last I checked BB's bread&butter was PKB phones up to the time they made the Passport.
    In the passport's defense, the screen didn't lift as easily as the Keyone. my screen lifted on mine after a good year of use in a case with a few drops along the way.

Not making excuses because the screen shouldn't do that on any phone in my opinion; especially not as easy as the OP's case.
    07-25-17 09:31 PM
    I do. First you responded to post that said blackberry keep doing the same mistakes again and you stated that this one is made by tcl (for the very first time) not blackberry. Then you responded to post that said its nothing than a china phone with blackberry branded and you said it's designed by blackberry. So I just thought that you think every troubles happen in keyone is tcl's fault, not blackberry design's fault and its tolerable.

Sorry If I was wrong.
    I said that this is a TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) device. They are 100% responsible for all aspects of the phone.

They obtained the reference design from BlackBerry, yes. But that neither rewards or absolves them of anything. They could have made (and probably did) make whatever changes they wanted to.

Again, I am prepared to judge TCL on their actions alone.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-25-17 10:09 PM
    I said that this is a TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) device. They are 100% responsible for all aspects of the phone.

They obtained the reference design from BlackBerry, yes. But that neither rewards or absolves them of anything. They could have made (and probably did) make whatever changes they wanted to.

Yeah tcl is responsible, but I think they just make the phone according to the design that provided by blackberry, and I dont think they can freely change major things from the design. They could have changed things, but it's only minor adjustments that sometime work sometime not. I do think what they do is good, it's just the design that faulty.
    07-25-17 10:21 PM

Yet you fail to see anything wrong with any one of their actions to date. Not really objective.
    07-25-17 10:30 PM
    Yet you fail to see anything wrong with any one of their actions to date. Not really objective.
    I actually didn't say that.

They didn't catch the screen adhesive issue which affected some percentage of devices, but they have at least owned the problem and are dealing with it.

As far as the initial delays and (lack of) production issues are concerned, I really don't have enough information to assess blame.
    07-25-17 10:36 PM
    I actually didn't say that.

They didn't catch the screen adhesive issue which affected some percentage of devices, but they have at least owned the problem and are dealing with it.

As far as the initial delays and (lack of) production issues are concerned, I really don't have enough information to assess blame.
    They are responsible for production, supply and gauging the market and demand for it. Not sure who else you think you can blame.
    07-25-17 10:38 PM
    They are responsible for production, supply and gauging the market and demand for it. Not sure who else you think you can blame.
    Of course the buck stops with them, but there could have been a supplier problem, a software delay from BlackBerry, a physical plant issue, a distribution issue, etc - which could have been beyond their control.

I'm not saying they are absolved. Only that I don't have enough information to make a determination.
    07-25-17 10:41 PM
    The BlackBerry KEYone was not designed by BlackBerry.
    Yes it was designed by BlackBerry.
    07-25-17 11:56 PM
    But by doing so, it will make their olds that have already in the market standing unsold because everyone will want the new improved one.
    Everyone has the fundamental right to expect to get what one pays for.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-27-17 03:41 AM
    Everyone has the fundamental right to expect to get what one pays for.

Posted via CB10
    True, but business wise, I don't think what they do is wrong.
    07-27-17 04:28 AM
    bad business is bad business no matter the bottom line - if ya gonna have questionable ethics, be discrete about it and definitely not make it public knowledge.....
    07-27-17 05:13 AM
    The lack of a statement from BlackBerry or TCL is totally wrong! They need to come clean about the issues the Keyone has period.
    07-27-17 05:21 AM
    The lack of a statement from BlackBerry or TCL is totally wrong! They need to come clean about the issues the Keyone has period.
    Didn't they acknowledge there was an issue? Plus, isn't that what a warranty is for?
    07-27-17 06:43 AM
    Didn't they acknowledge there was an issue? Plus, isn't that what a warranty is for?
    Yes they acknowledged the screen issue but haven't said how to identify the improved devices and warranty repair has been less than steller for most.
    07-27-17 07:01 AM
    Yes they acknowledged the screen issue but haven't said how to identify the improved devices and warranty repair has been less than steller for most.
    They probably won't identify the earlier devices as they have more value being sold and used for manufacturing process data and feedback. That way they only have to replace faulty units covered under warranty anyway instead of eating the original production run entirely. This is not a safety issue so there wouldn't be a recall situation.
    07-27-17 10:12 AM
    i can see why TCL is not issue recall like note 7- (1) it is not like note 7 that post danger for user and environment (they did drag the heel until airline ban the device before issue recall). (2) one way or ther other, some kind of external stress required to induce the K1 screen fall off - you can not predict the time delay for that, TCL possibly know the effect lot that post problem, due to lack of inventory in supply of unit, take field return/replace path is possibly the best way (not most cost effective way) to keep your loyal user base, until the supply catch up for the new batch. (personally, I still think they should issue a recall, once the supply qty is more or less sertisfied... to protect their brand name and make TCL/BBM a true high end brand... ). (3) BB designed mercury, since the TCL/BBM take over full responsibility of MFG/TEST/sale/support, I wouldn't be suprise if they changed here and there from the design to utilize their in house capability (being right or wrong way to tweek is everybody's guess), since they took the full responsibility for the reliability assessment, the fault (test fail to capture the screen fall off - in adequate adhesion... normally, you design adhesion to be used to 50% only-you select the stuff 2X stronger as you required, if high reliability type, 3x stronger as required, never, ever use it marginally, since MFG process variation will eat the design margin readily...) of poor adhesion was not captured, that means DFT (design for testing) is not sufficient at TCL. (4) as for "new" MFG, what ever excuses, hopefully, all you guys cut TCL a slack are not from TCL/BBM. Unless you admit your fault, learn from your mistake fast (as I mentioned before, learn from someone else' mistake is better, but if you already in the "hole", stop digging), it will cost arms and legs. Science (physics in this case) is a very curl thing, you have high position, you don't want to admit your mistake, you just have to repeat it again until you ran out of money, or get fired, or fall flat on your face. IMHO.
    07-27-17 02:01 PM
    Hi bond. I now use a keyone brought two months back. I have owned curves, bolds and 10s. Im a bb addict. Hence when they launched the keyone I booked it and got one for myself. As you said im using the phone with a back cover. Three days back I realised the right bottom corner of the screen is loose. Im happy with the device but the screen becoming loose issue is a fact. I have brought this device from UAE. When I contacted the BB customercare, I was mailed to ship the device to UK and need a contact detail of anykind in there for them to look into the matter. I dont think its as easy as it speaks since the keyone is my daily driver.
    07-28-17 09:05 AM
    Just bring the device to a local phone shop. They can seal it back with adhesive or tape in 10 minutes for next to nothing. I wouldn't be bothered shipping it back.
    07-28-17 10:06 AM
    Why should anyone pay to get a new defective device repaired at any cost? This could void the warranty for possible future repairs.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 10:18 AM
    The spin doctors are awesome here.
    It's a phone, TCL has been building phones for years.
    Now they build a phone with a Blackberry sticker attached and the spin doctors say you shouldn't expect a defect free device out of the box.

NOTE: Please read quickly they love to delete and censor negative comments about TCL.
    07-28-17 10:37 AM
    Why should anyone pay to get a new defective device repaired at any cost? This could void the warranty for possible future repairs.

Posted via CB10
    If I Iived somewhere far away from a BlackBerry Mobile support centre, and had to be without the device for a long time, I would do it anyway.

Would probably cost me a quarter the shipping costs.
    07-28-17 11:13 AM
171 ... 567