Me along with countless others at a launch event in Toronto.

Doesn't change the information I related with respect to the makeup of the company.
    To be honest your factual (as known at the time) answers are quite refreshing. Most of us just speculate and brain storm because we are to far from the source to make accurate answers, just trying to narrow it down to the likliest answer and pass some time with a good debate with someone halfway around the world. Again I can't recall you trying blow smoke up anyone's backside.
    07-25-17 11:41 AM
    But by doing so, it will make their olds that have already in the market standing unsold because everyone will want the new improved one.
    Aand the problem in there is...?

07-25-17 01:33 PM
    Um, TCL has been using SIX SIGMA since 2004.

Do a little reading before talking....
    Obviously, there is a breakdown somewhere in their process. Maybe TCL uses SIX SIGMA but recent performance suggests that BBMo does not....
    07-25-17 02:38 PM
    But by doing so, it will make their olds that have already in the market standing unsold because everyone will want the new improved one.
    They'll continue to dump all the inventory and replace under warranty the ones that fall apart. That's cheapest way to do it and that's where things are nowadays.
    07-25-17 02:42 PM
    Everytime I say this, you reply how "not one person should expect this" and I'm wondering, do you mean you expected a perfect device. I was surprised last year with exploding batteries on an $800 device from the largest Android phone OEM in the history of mankind. Before that, Bendgate and IOS hardware/software issues happened. Because of what happened with Tier 1 OEM before this and the BlackBerry PRIV initially, I wasn't surprised with another PKB issue. I mean if BB has issues rolling out PRIV, a separate BBMo OEM wouldn't be perfect building their first PKB either. I mean, they've had like 6 months to ramp up. I figured I saw enough red flags to wait. I jumped in to buy the DTEK models instead. TCL got the hardware right on those, but then again, I thought, VKB, let's wait awhile to see what issues crop up?

First PKB from a first licensed BB vendor not done with BB themselves assuming risk with no US carrier signed up initially... Sprint probably has fewer or less screen issues.
    What is so blareingly obvious... that some just can't see through the blinders is that others learn from their mistakes.

Samsung now probably has the safest batteries on the market in the S8 line. And Apple no longer has bendy issues

Yet BlackBerry, and everything they touch.... Keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

And some just keep excusing it over and over and over and over again.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-25-17 04:34 PM
    What is so blareingly obvious... that some just can't see through the blinders is that others learn from their mistakes.

Samsung now probably has the safest batteries on the market in the S8 line. And Apple no longer has bendy issues

Yet BlackBerry, and everything they touch.... Keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

Except this isn't BlackBerry, and it's TCL's first BlackBerry-branded device ever.

This just isn't casual observation - it's an absolute, incontrovertible fact.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-25-17 04:56 PM
    and yet true BBelievers still see this as a real BB not just a Chinese phone with a BB sticker on it.
    07-25-17 05:05 PM
    and yet true BBelievers still see this as a real BB not just a Chinese phone with a BB sticker on it.
    This one was designed by BlackBerry, although most phones are manufactured in China now - as is iPhone and most Galaxies.

The Classic and Z3 were also Foxconn devices built in China.

Wistron, who built pretty much every other BlackBerry device from the Priv back to the Bold and prior is from Taiwan.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-25-17 05:14 PM

So why be surprised? No excuse. Same old situation, just for different reasons. Mad you can't blame the old BB anymore? Seems like you've got some issues with BB that can only be professionally resolved. I'm serious. What gives? I'm not surprised at BBMo how rolled out KEYone and you think I'm making excuses for them? Are you boxing with shadows??
    07-25-17 05:22 PM
    This one was designed by BlackBerry, although most phones are manufactured in China now - as is iPhone and most Galaxies.

Wistron, who built pretty much every other BlackBerry device from the Priv back to the Bold and prior is from Taiwan.
    TCL is a Chinese company who builds a device in China with a BB logo on it.
    More evidence for the strength and emotional pull of brand names for devotees
    07-25-17 05:56 PM
    Aand the problem in there is...?

They don't pull the olds, so probability you get the vulnerable device is still there.
    They'll continue to dump all the inventory and replace under warranty the ones that fall apart. That's cheapest way to do it and that's where things are nowadays.
    That way they still could get profit from the vulnerable devices right

So what happened to note 7 back then also china manufacturer's fault? Not samsung design's fault
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    07-25-17 06:10 PM

So what happened to note 7 back then also china manufacturer's fault? Not samsung design's fault
    Huh?
    07-25-17 06:24 PM
    TCL is a Chinese company who builds a device in China with a BB logo on it.
    More evidence for the strength and emotional pull of brand names for devotees
    The world is a blur now. At the end of the day, why does any of it matter?

As long as it's a solid device with nice software, sign me up.
    07-25-17 06:26 PM
    TCL build plenty of phones, yes many of them cheap BUT NONE of them fall apart while just sitting there.

The K1 was designed by BB and built by TCL, there is no excuse for either 1 of them. Apparently the BB Passport also had this issue, last I checked BB's bread&butter was PKB phones up to the time they made the Passport.
    The BlackBerry KEYone was not designed by BlackBerry.
    07-25-17 06:47 PM
    The BlackBerry KEYone was not designed by BlackBerry.
    Actually it was.

It was the last thing BlackBerry did with devices. They handed over the design to TCL when the licencing agreement was signed.
    stlabrat likes this.
    07-25-17 06:57 PM
    There are a lot of great posts on this thread and some get it but for the others that don't for the two days I used the keyone it was great I loved the device no problems at all its the simple fact that the screen issues is known and someone should of pulled the stock that has not had the screen repairs made yet period. How is someone to know at this point if the device they are buying is the new and improved one? THEY DON'T! Why should anyone go through the purchase and return process more than a month after the defect was known. I am lucky I was able to get a refund within the return period and not have to wait and get it repaired. So I am not bashing the keyone I am bashing the people who are responsible for getting this defect fixed period!
    For what it's worth the keyone was charging when the screen lifted it was on charge for about 4 hours and was never dropped.
    I'm going to suggest it's very possible the screen had started to lift before that charging session, and you didn't notice. (you can't be sure, don't even say it).

Mine had a slight sharp edge (almost undetectable) on one side, and didn't lift noticeably for another few days.
    07-25-17 07:05 PM
    Except this isn't BlackBerry, and it's TCL's first BlackBerry-branded device ever.
    So its screen lift is tolerable?
    07-25-17 07:11 PM
    Please follow the actual conversation before posting.
    07-25-17 07:13 PM
    and to elaborate... I suspect that the twisting pressure applied to the frame (along the longest axis) typically when the device in a front pocket, is what starts the initial lifting, and it's never the same, so it's only a matter of time from there.

For deeper speculation based on my own KeyOne, but it's possible the frame get slightly deformed (like the passport did) and the heat from charging combined with the slight lifting pressure (on one side) from the bent frame release the seal further.

Maybe the screen assembly should be more flexible, in addition to poor adhesive or however they tried to hold the screen down.
    07-25-17 07:16 PM
    Explaining how we are we are, is not the same thing as defending the actions of TCL.

I think he wishes TCL didn't make the device, but you must know that.
    07-25-17 07:19 PM
    So I ask you again, you expected the screen to fall out randomly without force as many here have stated happened to them?
    learn from someone else' mistake is the better way than make your own. PP screen lift, - you would expect K1 is not going to repeat... especially, knowing BB used proper adhesive (strong) for the screen attach before... poor reception - para was there to address the issue, but appearantly not in use, dtek 60 - glass backing a lesson learn from iphone 4 age, but appear TCL want to test if the physics on their half of earth might be different... Well, they better be a fast learner from their own mistake if not willing to learn from others... at major cost of brand, money, and most important, the time (to market). IMHO. (the few they hired from BB, hopefully, are not the "yes men"... you need someone point out your short coming, not just cheer leader... should hire the hardware team with proto type group, nail down the design detail - exchange between the design and proto type lineare key to success product launch, rest just multiply rats (assembly line scale up with line balance, schedule, yield monitoring and logistics)... easy stuff - piece of cake with current monitoring software driving DFX - may be TCL didn't have that...a bit costly if you buy on market... but it is only excel anyhow).
    07-25-17 07:47 PM
    Yes , they should all be shipped back to TCL.
    07-25-17 07:56 PM
    Please follow the actual conversation before posting.
    I do. First you responded to post that said blackberry keep doing the same mistakes again and you stated that this one is made by tcl (for the very first time) not blackberry. Then you responded to post that said its nothing than a china phone with blackberry branded and you said it's designed by blackberry. So I just thought that you think every troubles happen in keyone is tcl's fault, not blackberry design's fault and its tolerable.

Sorry If I was wrong.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-25-17 08:07 PM
    Yes , they should all be shipped back to TCL.
    It means that they will loss money, and they seem unlikely doing that. They're not -as brave as- samsung.

Explaining how we are we are, is not the same thing as defending the actions of TCL.
    But it sounds like an excuse
    07-25-17 09:06 PM
    It means that they will loss money, and they seem unlikely doing that. They're not -as brave as- samsung.

But it sounds like an excuse
    It is an excuse. Here's the thing I've come to learn after 4 solid days on the forum ( seriously, called in work Monday and Tues) BBMo is young,and inexperienced about Blackberry customers but from my understanding some of them have accounts on Crackberry Forums and have posted in the last 4 days that I've been on so they are proactive about learning who we are and our expectations. That being said we have a huge opportunity to steer TCL in the right direction if they powers that be choose to listen. That to me at least in the long term gives me hope that the phones and service we expect will come around one day. RIM didn't listen and they are gone, maybe TCL will be smarter. Heres a fresh thought, if all goes well maybe TCL can be convinced to purchase BB10... Dare to dream
    07-25-17 09:24 PM
171 ... 4567