iPhone 5s screen popping out...
    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...g-out.1644336/

iPhone 6Plus screen lift
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Galaxy S5 screen lift...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys5/co...lifting_issue/

Galaxy S6 Screen lifting...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...p-corners.html

Huh... I guess all those phones were made by Blackberry and TCL...
    No, but they all use glue from the same company.

They show flaws but none of the screens have just dropped out. Without stats we're all clutching at straws.
    Evidence on this forum does suggest that the problem is more widespread than on other manufacturers' devices though.
    07-24-17 12:42 PM
    Agreed im in the same boat. Other than the soft keys losing responsiveness with the glass screen protector, no other issue at all. Screen seems fine despite dropping short distances a few time.
    07-24-17 01:40 PM
    Seriously CrackBerry? I posted a response to someone who said people shouldn't be surprised. And all I said was its no excuse and even the lowest end/cheapest manufacturer should be able to avoid the screen issue and that post gets deleted? Is this for real?
    The censorship here is unbelievable. My posts were deleted also many times including in this thread. I used no obscenities or vulgar language.
    Same for me. I've seen the same **Deleted Posts** tag for my posts that were without anything personal, inflammatory, or of flamebait nature. So weird.
    07-24-17 01:57 PM
    Same for me. I've seen the same **Deleted Posts** tag for my posts that were without anything personal, inflammatory, or of flamebait nature. So weird.
    Probably your post generated a response from someone that broke the forum rules. The practice here is to remove both posts. The other person gets a warning.
    07-24-17 04:12 PM
    So how do you know it was deleted? Did you just reread the whole thread?
    07-24-17 04:17 PM
    Probably your post generated a response from someone that broke the forum rules. The practice here is to remove both posts. The other person gets a warning.
    Not the case for mine.
    07-24-17 04:51 PM
    For me, my post received a couple of likes that now show up as blank on the like received section on the website. Don't really care about that but the post being deleted makes no sense at all unless of course criticism of BlackBerry Mobile is no longer allowed given the new relationship with BlackBerry.
    07-24-17 04:53 PM
    For me, my post received a couple of likes that now show up as blank on the like received section on the website. Don't really care about that but the post being deleted makes no sense at all unless of course criticism of BlackBerry Mobile is no longer allowed given the new relationship with BlackBerry.
    That could very well be true. It's kinda hard for Crackberry to have to many posts critizing the people paying the bills. Kinda like working for Pepsi but drinking a Coke at lunch.
    07-24-17 04:58 PM
    Hmm. So if I broke the rules in this particular post, both mine and yours would get deleted?
    07-24-17 04:58 PM
    It shows up as "Deleted post" in your profile history.
    07-24-17 04:59 PM
    That could very well be true. It's kinda hard for Crackberry to have to many posts critizing the people paying the bills. Kinda like working for Pepsi but drinking a Coke at lunch.
    Yes fair enough but saying that even the lowest end/cheapest manufacturer should be able to avoid this screen falling out issue isn't really that harsh of a criticism. Its just a fact.
    07-24-17 04:59 PM
    I don't know the rules for certain but that's what was posted earlier. So basically if you don't like someone reply to their posts and take them down with you.
    07-24-17 05:00 PM
    I would purchase return and re-order as many of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ 's as needed before going with a slab phone. I can't imagine using a VKB ever again. Bummer you had this issue and sad to lose a customer but the VKB has nothing on the PKB of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    07-24-17 05:00 PM
    Yes fair enough but saying that even the lowest end/cheapest manufacturer should be able to avoid this screen falling out issue isn't really that harsh of a criticism. Its just a fact.
    You wouldn't think so but TCL is by far a much larger company than Blackberry so either the moderator is not taking any chances or you hurt someone right in the feel goods
    ray689 likes this.
    07-24-17 05:03 PM
    It shows up as "Deleted post" in your profile history.
    Gotcha, I'm using the phone app now and just learning my way around it
    07-24-17 05:05 PM
    You wouldn't think so but TCL is by far a much larger company than Blackberry so either the moderator is not taking any chances or you hurt someone right in the feel goods
    Agreed and I realize they are a large manufacturer which is why my point was made in response to someone claiming this should be expected because they haven't made a pkb phone before. Not that it should matter whether they have or not.
    07-24-17 05:06 PM
    Agreed and I realize they are a large manufacturer which is why my point was made in response to someone claiming this should be expected because they haven't made a pkb phone before. Not that it should matter whether they have or not.
    Oh no I agree 100%, BB and TCL have been at this long enough and are charging enough that they don't get the luxery of making rookie mistakes.
    ray689 likes this.
    07-24-17 05:08 PM
    No, but they all use glue from the same company.

They show flaws but none of the screens have just dropped out. Without stats we're all clutching at straws.
    Evidence on this forum does suggest that the problem is more widespread than on other manufacturers' devices though.
    Very possible, but as you said, we have no stats. People generally don't post things like, "I have no issues with my phone, the screen isn't falling out." The come to forums to post their issues, with some exceptions of course. The Crackberry forums have always been more active than forums for other manufacturers, and as such you see all sorts of things here that you don't necessarily see regarding other manufacturers. I found that out while researching phones, when I was making the switch from my Passport to a different platform. You really don't have anything quite like Crackberry for any other company.

I still say, if you have a problem, send it back. If they won't fix it, buy from a different manufacturer. If enough people do that, they will either fix it, or go out of business. The reality most likely though, is that the majority of phones are fine. I am sure there were bad ones early on, and it is a shame anyone got stuck with a bad one.
    07-24-17 05:15 PM
    That's true - but the percentage matters lol

The only comparable so far, that I can tell - is the Note 7, that h and so does the K1.

This isn't your typical "oh every device will have a few defective units" situation.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Aaaaannnndddd... as I said, send it back, or return it and buy a different phone. It's a phone, this isn't earth shattering.
    07-24-17 08:25 PM
    And apple replaced them with new phones.
    If the OP would have taken his back for warranty repair, he would have received a new phone too. At the very least a refurb, with the problem fixed. So someone buys a KeyOne, has an issue, gets angry, returns it, and rants on Crackberry, instead of giving Blackberry a chance to make good on it. And there is already a thread designated for this issue. Posting there might be more productive.

Sorry, if you have an issue, and don't give the company a chance to make it right, and instead return the product for a full refund, you really cannot assert that the company didn't fix the problem.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-24-17 08:35 PM
    All Blackberry and TCL needs to do is make a statement on this issue but better than the last one. And get the old inventory off the shelves so this issue goes away for good. I have always been a believer in a lemon law for electronics.

Posted via CB10
    I also hate how buggy the k1 is and how I cannot use the phone due a stupid SD card problem.

Never have these problems on a Sammy or a Xperia
    07-24-17 08:39 PM
    iPhone 5s screen popping out...
    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...g-out.1644336/

iPhone 6Plus screen lift
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Galaxy S5 screen lift...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys5/co...lifting_issue/

Galaxy S6 Screen lifting...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...p-corners.html

Huh... I guess all those phones were made by Blackberry and TCL...
    You're embarrassing yourself.
    07-24-17 08:42 PM
    You're embarrassing yourself.
    LOL No, seriously I do not feel embarrassed in the least.

Yes, the KeyOne has an issue with screenlift/screens falling out. That has been acknowledged ad nauseam. The OP however never gave Blackberry a chance to rectify the situation. Nothing. So, he or she has no valid complaint, they got their money back. Best Buy very possibly would have swapped the phone out. Instead, the OP decided to complain in his or her own thread, despite the fact there is a thread dedicated to it.

This issue has cropped up with other phones and other manufacturers, to varying degrees, and yes, the KeyOne is bad. Other manufacturers have had other issues.

So, instead of posting in the thread set up to report this issue, where the pos could actually add to the numbers being added up, the OP decided to get all angry and rant, to no real purpose since they had already returned the phone. Makes no sense, but I hope they feel better.
    07-24-17 08:49 PM
    That being said about TCL being a cheap phone manufacturer is all well and good but Blackberry is and has not been a cheap phone manufacturer and I would hope signed off on all production. Possible Blackberry was just too busy to send someone over to collaborate with TCL or review the blueprints and parts list because they have been far to busy downsizing... I'm sorry restructuring and just left TCL to do there thing. Unfortunately the key one is not a tier one phone on paper it's a midrange phone that has a premium price tag. If you are correct with your statement and we must give TCL more time to get the production correct then how many more customers are going to be lost? TCL and the other company making a small percentage off these phones should realize that they truly don't have that many more customers to lose being that Blackberry holds a 0.01 percent of the phone market. I would hope Blackberry would view every phone release as their last one and make damn sure every detail was correct from engineering, production, marketing and delivery. Right now it appears Blackberry failed on all 4.
    BB left the phone hardware business to someone else. BBMo has the risk and responsibility now. That is why I've said earlier on here, what did people expect? I'm not (for the umpteenth time, excusing or validating their behavior) sure why people think a NEW company, BBMo, would deliver a great experience first time out the door with their first hardware device.

Even BBMo seems to have expected there would be various issues because they definitely had a soft opening/rollout of their first device.

TCL owns BBMo and obviously shares cultural DNA with their new subsidiary but, they are separate companies and should be looked as such. They're attempting to setup a Western style division with Western style management and infrastructure. Look at their competition that's been here 4-5 years ahead. There have been 5-6 same nation competitors that have more or less failed to make any significant advance in marketshare.
    07-24-17 09:08 PM
    If the OP would have taken his back for warranty repair, he would have received a new phone too. At the very least a refurb, with the problem fixed. So someone buys a KeyOne, has an issue, gets angry, returns it, and rants on Crackberry, instead of giving Blackberry a chance to make good on it. And there is already a thread designated for this issue. Posting there might be more productive.

Sorry, if you have an issue, and don't give the company a chance to make it right, and instead return the product for a full refund, you really cannot assert that the company didn't fix the problem.
    According to people in posts that bought 3rd party their only option is mail in for repair. Now if you bought from a carrier sure they will mail or you can walk into their store and receive a brand new one. With a carrier mail in you physically have your phone until the new one arrives ( in my experience 1 to 3 days then you mail the broken one back in the same box. For the rest you're without your phone until it's mailed back, so weeks. As long as you buy a backup phone with the same Sim and keep it updated with what's on your keyone, your golden. Can BBM/TCL do the same thing? Sure but then they would lose money from having to ship it both ways. There are many ways they could ease the burden and inconvenience on the customer but they're not and that's the issue.
    07-24-17 09:18 PM
171 ... 23456 ...