I have had a look through the posts and can't find this answer, so I'm sorry if I offend the "use the search" gods. I have had my KeyOne since last week and I love it, however I wouldn't mind disabling the mute function of the convenience key during calls. I keep pressing it when I grab the phone with my not-so-tiny mits and inadvertently press it as I start a call and all I hear is "hello hello hello" lol. Any help would be appreciated!
    mushmouser likes this.
    06-05-17 03:31 PM
    Hmmm... I've done that too a couple times now where I've accidentally put the phone on mute during a call.

Not sure how to do that off hand (or if it's possible), but will look into it!
    supertom likes this.
    06-05-17 04:42 PM
    Hmmm... I've done that too a couple times now where I've accidentally put the phone on mute during a call.

Not sure how to do that off hand (or if it's possible), but will look into it!
    Thanks!!
    06-05-17 05:46 PM
    aby chance?
    06-26-17 07:16 PM
    I would think you could go under Settings>Convenience Key and reassign what the key does.
    06-26-17 07:30 PM
    you can disable it - for anything else then phone calls there is permanent function mute.
    06-30-17 05:31 PM
    Don't believe you can. It has been the feature for all BlackBerry phones with Convenience Key to mute / unmute during calls, just like the $ key enables / disables speaker phone.

Either ways there's a big sound that comes when you do mute. I must admit it has happened to me a few times, especially in the beginning but it hardly happens. It's similar to any other phone with proximity sensor not recognizing your face during call and your cheek keeps pressing the on-screen options when on the phone.
    06-30-17 06:22 PM
    for me is problem when i hear ring and grab the phone on a table or from pouch, then i often press the side button(s). left one is possible to disable, right one not and then i star talking and caller does not hear me. its so often and so annoyng that i seriously think about return to old classic
    06-30-17 07:24 PM
    yeah this is a function that should have an option to be turned off. For some reason with the K1 form factor it is much easier to mute without intending to do so.
    06-30-17 07:59 PM
    This mute button needs to be modified in the next update to be completely disable-able. I hate the placement of it for any use. Volume buttons need to be placed more towards the top as well. These all interfere with use, esp if you're trying to use a car mounting device. I cannot talk on a phone call while it's in the mount without the mute button going crazy. Very frustrating and makes me dislike the phone when I want it to be superior to all the other crappy tech out there. Can the developers stop force feeding us their ideas and take some surveys or something?!? I know no one who LOVES their phone no matter the brand.
    07-25-17 11:46 AM
    I just waited on hold with keyone support for 25 minutes to ask about this problem. And of course, as we all know, there is no solution as the mute function of the convenience key cannot be disabled. But if you call, they will take a comment and send it to their marketing department. If enough of us dislike this perhaps they can add something to the next update or consider this when they're designing their next phone.

Call them and make your suggestions or complaints:
    Last edited by mushmouser; 07-25-17 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Repetitive
    07-25-17 12:30 PM
    After a few weeks i have managed to stop muting my calls by accident but i still feel it should be an option not a forced setting. I actually do use it intentionally to mute but i would still prefer to have the option of turning it off or better yet requiring a double tap to mute and a single tap still doing whatever the base setting is.
    07-27-17 10:48 PM
    Every call that I have ever been on, I have accidentally muted the call with the convenience key. I am frustrated with it and hope they can give us an option to turn off the mute feature.
    07-27-17 11:21 PM