Anyone know a way to disable the magnetic sensor in the KeyOne?

I have a magnetic holder in my car which sets off the sensor to change the screen for a windowed case which is annoying.

I already have the metal piece in the perfect location to allow the NFC to work properly with android pay.

If it's not there probably would be an easy add to the settings for BlackBerry.
    02-11-18 03:03 PM
    Try Settings > Display (scroll down to the bottom) > Smart Cover and disable it

I believe that'll do the job.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-11-18 03:08 PM

Nice! Love when I find random settings like that around here...
    02-11-18 03:15 PM

Hmmm, Funny how i dont have this on my AT&T KEYone.
    02-11-18 03:26 PM
    Anyone know a way to disable the magnetic sensor in the KeyOne?

I have a magnetic holder in my car which sets off the sensor to change the screen for a windowed case which is annoying.

I already have the metal piece in the perfect location to allow the NFC to work properly with android pay.

If it's not there probably would be an easy add to the settings for BlackBerry.
    I have nothing to add, but would like to know how you put the magnet to activate it. I have another issue with my KEYOne Black LE is that I can't make the magnet sensor work with the flip case. I'm trying to figure out the position of the magnet sensor.
    02-12-18 05:39 AM
    Nice find on the setting! I'll see if that does the trick. I would think so.

as for the placement of the magnet... the magnet sits on the vent and the metal plate on the back of the phone. I have placed it low on the phone and it seems like it works better. if I had to guess the sensor is somewhere in the middle of the phone.

the magnet is pretty powerful so much easier to trip the sensor I would guess. maybe use a low powered magnet (like something you would find on a kitchen refrigerator) to localize it.
    02-12-18 06:40 AM
    very strong magnet near the phone is not a good idea - many components will effect by it... you don't want to mess it around. (if you don't have a smart cover for K1, don't play around it if I were you... IMHO). - that is also part of the reason I think BBMo should get into accessory business to avoid any un-intentioned harm by user...
    02-12-18 07:13 AM
    I have nothing to add, but would like to know how you put the magnet to activate it. I have another issue with my KEYOne Black LE is that I can't make the magnet sensor work with the flip case. I'm trying to figure out the position of the magnet sensor.
    FF22 demonstrated location in this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12969678
    FF22 likes this.
    02-12-18 08:24 AM