Hi there.
    I'm trying to find a way to modify keyboard brightness level on my Keyone. Sadly, my phone got stuck on Android 7 with no possible Oreo update. And there is no night mode or keyboard brightness control in settings.
    However, I was able to enable night mode by just adding "ui_night_mode" parameter to Android settings database - see attached screenshot.
    So now I'm wondering, is there any key I can add to activate keyboard brightness control too? I hope it's not Oreo-specific, it's just not visible in settings for me.
    If someone with Oreo Keyone can give me a little help here, that will be much appreciated. What I need is a screenshot of Android settings database similar to what I have attached here, but from Oreo device. Especially "System" and "Secure" tables. For some reason, night mode settings is in "Secure", don't know why. I believe there's no personal info in this database but please check before sending, just in case. There's a lot of apps in Play Store to access the settings table, like "Settings Database Editor"
    If anyone knows exact key that control keyboard brightness level, that will be super-cool.
    And of course if anyone knows it's absolutely not possible on Nougat, please let me know too.
    Attached Thumbnails Disable keyboard brightness on KeyOne with Android 7-screenshot_20191111-142827.png  
    mh1983 likes this.
    11-11-19 08:01 AM
    Have you tried searching on the forums for Autoloader for Keyone BBB 100-[whatever model you have]?
    You should be able to go to Android 8.
    11-12-19 12:58 PM
    if I remember correctly the original delivered Android 7 on my keyone did allow keyboard brightness control dot-dot. Which model do you have?
    11-12-19 01:33 PM
    Have you tried searching on the forums for Autoloader
    Yeah. And already bricked my Keyone with unproper one
    BBB 100-7 for Indonesia, black dual-sim version, which I somehow bought from kinda official Blackberry store in Russia is missing updates for about a year now. And is definitely stuck on Android 7 forever
    11-12-19 04:02 PM
    original delivered Android 7 on my keyone did allow keyboard brightness control dot-dot
    I have Black dual-sim BBB100-7. How exactly it was working on your Keyone, can you remember? I'm pretty sure I went through all the possible settings though and there's no keyboard backlight control
    11-12-19 04:03 PM
    So, still I would appreciate much if someone with Oreo Keyone can help me dump Oreo settings DB.

1) install "Settings Database Editor" from Play Store
    2) open "System table", make a screenshot of every page, send to me
    11-13-19 07:23 AM